Travel Answers
Dugi Otok

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Anyone want to meet for a drink or a meal?

Zagreb Jul 21, 2016 at 5:53 PM

We will be in Zagreb from Saurday afternoon, August 13 and leaving Tuesday morning, August 16. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal. Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

more
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any one want to meet for a meal or drink?

Dubrovnik Jul 21, 2016 at 5:43 PM

We will be in Dubrovnik from Monday afternoon, August 8 and leaving Thursday morning, August 11. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal.  Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

more
    • ferry split->Hvar

Croatia Jul 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM

I found 2 ferries that makes this trip.
      Is either one fine? or is one better than the other?

http://krilo.hr/en/index.html#

jadrolinija.hr/en/ferry-croa...

more
    • Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar (and Kotor)

Dubrovnik Jun 26, 2016 at 12:10 PM

Friday next week (1/7) my friend and I want to be on the 08.00 bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar, and return with the bus at 17.40 the nest day. We would like to buy the tickets in advance, is that possible? balkanviator.com/en/bus-time...

The day after we want to take the 15.30 bus to Kotor. Also there we would like to buy tickets in advance, since we then will be four people. Any suggestions? balkanviator.com/en/bus-time...

If it is not possible to buy tickets in advance; do the buses get full?

Also, is it possible to store luggage at the bus station?

Thanks from Lena

more
    • exchange money

Cavtat Jun 25, 2016 at 7:51 AM

In my home country I can get 7 kuna for 1 euro. Next week I'm going to Cavtat. Is it better to change euro for this price, or can I change it locally in Cavtat for better price in the exchange offices (mjenacnica)? Thank you for your help!

more
    • mmouse1234's Profile Photo

Day trip Vela Luka, Korcula to Proizd Island

Croatia Jul 3, 2016 at 12:12 PM

We plan to do a day trip to Proizd and have a few questions
      Where do the taxi boats leave from?
      How often do they run?
      We have a motorhome is there anywhere safe that we can park it for the day at Vela Luka?

more
    • how to reach

Croatia Jul 12, 2016 at 11:20 PM

hello we are family wants to visit Croatia in September,best way to reach from Austria or Italy?prefer buses or ferries
      please advise
      ghazi

more
    • finding an apartment

Croatia Jul 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM

what is the best way to find a "sobe" or private apartment in croatia?
      vrbo and airbnb?

more
    • Tips on Plitvice Lakes visiting

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Jun 30, 2016 at 5:29 AM

Hi every one!
      I'm planning to visit the Plitvice Lakes on July, we will depart from Zagreb at 8h40, visit the park and then we want to go to Split in the end of the day. If anyone can help me with some doubts:

1. There are a place to drop off our luggage? In the both entrances or just in one of them? And, it has a cost?
      2. I found a bus ride from the lakes to Split that departs at 18h and arrives there at 21h30 for 22‚ā¨, but I saw many comments on trips that take 5 hours and only departs earlier in the afternoon (14-16h) and other comments saying that if we go to the bus station and wait, we can just pick up one of the busses that are passing in the direction to Split and take one of them (someone said that he picked up the bus to Albania!) that is cheaper and faster. Anyone with information about this?
      3. Other option is go by car from Zagreb, because it can worth the money. In the Lakes, there are car parking, it's for free? What do you think about this option?

Thank you in advance!

more
    • Where to stay and where to go in/around Split (with a 6 year old)

Split Jul 14, 2016 at 7:38 AM

Hi all :)

I'm going to Split in mid October with my son for a week.

Firstly - should we only have accommodation in Split and then settle for day trips; or should we try to stay some where else too? Like a some days on an island or a village…something off track?

Then - I really like to focus on kid friendly activities and nature, something off track would be nice too, something to challenge my boy a bit :) Trying to avoid mass tourism a bit. We'll have to check out some of the amazing islands - but which ones?

Hope to get some hints - thanks a million!

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Dogs on the beaches.

Otok Krk Jul 13, 2016 at 10:55 AM

Is it allowed to take dogs on the island's beaches?

more
    • Trip Covering Plitvicka National park and Dubrovnik

Croatia Jul 8, 2016 at 5:30 AM

Hi All, We are planning summer trip in Croatia from UK ( 2 adults and 2 kids ).
      We have around 7 nights in Croatia. Thinking of following itinerary.

Day 1: Fly to Zagreb in the morning and drive to Plitvic Park and try and reach there by afternoon. Try and do a simple trail in the park if possible.
      Day 2: Spend in Plitvic Park and travel to Split and reach there in the evening.
      Day 3: Spend in Split.
      Day 4. Travel to Dubrovnik
      Day 5-8 : spend in Dubronvik and fly back on Day 8

Does this sound a very ambitious plan? My thinking behind this planning is that , we will spend some time in travelling, but will get to see Plitvic National Park, which seems to highly recommended, and then second part of the holiday, we will be relaxing in Dubronvik.

Can anybody see any obvious flaws in the plans e.g. any travel issues from Zagreb to Plitvic, or finding 2 nights accommodation in Split etc.

Ideally I would prefer a self catering apartment in Dubronvik and hotel in Plitvick and split.

Any ideas suggestions?

Cheers,
      RK

more
    • rafi.of.gali.gali's Profile Photo

Rijeka - Opatija - Rijeka

Rijeka Jun 28, 2016 at 2:40 AM

Hello my fellow VT's,

I've posted here before about a beach recomendation as I had 8 hours in Rijeka before flying to Split. Now, having changed the schedule of the flight, I only have 2:30 in Rijeka (from 9:30 to 12). In your opinion, is it possible to take a bus to Opatija, take a walk around (maybe a quick swim) and the bus back to Rijeka to be at the port at 12:00, taking the flight at 12:40? (It is a saturday in July)
      What do you think? Is Opatija seafront worth visiting, if only for less than 2 hours?
      Would you suggest anything different?
      Once again, thank you very much!

more
    • split diocletian days

Split Jul 17, 2016 at 3:53 PM

anybody know when the Diocletian Days festival is in Split for this year?
      I read that it happens usually in august.

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Cheapest ferry from Croatia to Italy

Croatia Jul 15, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Hi I am planning a trip from Venice to drive down the coast of Croatia, possibly Montenegro. I would like a ferry that is frequent, don't really have to book in advance, and not expensive, we are 2 adults, 2 kids and a car. I plan to go back to Bari, Brindisi or Ancona.

Thanks.

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Renting a car from Italy to neighboring countries

Croatia Jul 15, 2016 at 4:33 PM

Car rental companies from Venice, Italy that allow travel to Slovenia, Croatia, maybe Serbia and Montenegro

Hello. Just wondering what is the company to avoid. I usually book with AutoEurope. Also, I heard about a green card, and fees. Thanks!

more
    • AlexandraG4's Profile Photo

Arrival in Dugi Otok

by AlexandraG4 Online Now Aug 22, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Hi everyone,
      I was wondering... On September 10th me and my boyfriend arrive in Split Airport. We would then like to take the bus to Zadar and from there take the boat to Dugi Otok. We will do a low budget trip so we are to camp (probably in Camp Kargita in the very north of Dugi Otok). But then, since the camping is far away from everything, we would like to rent bikes nearby. Is this possible? Where should we take the boat to to make the possible? We will have a lot of luggage since we're camping so riding from Sali to the camping on a bike is not an option. Can someone help me?
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 3:41 AM
    • Tourist train from Bozava to Sakarun

by DJKrebzy67 Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hello,

We will be traveling to Dugi otok in the next week or so and would like to find out the tourist train schedule.

If someone could send us some information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
      Doug

2 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 4:10 AM