VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Drøbak Travel Answers

change location
Fizzbee's Profile Photo

Handicap access

by Fizzbee Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM

My question is what type of handicap access is there in Drobak? My husband and I will be visiting in July 2011. I am confind to a wheelchair, will this prohibit visiting your lovely city?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Handicap access

by HelloKittyPatrick Online Now May 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Hello,
    I just visited Drobak last week. It's a beautiful city to discover and I highly recommend it.
    Unfortunately, from what I saw, not everything there was accommodating to wheelchairs. The shops that I saw did not have wheelchair ramps, as they are old buildings. The information center was wheelchair accessible. The town streets are somewhat hilly, but not steep. I don't recall seeing any cabs around.

If you take the ferry to Oscarburg Fortress, you can easily get a wheelchair on the ferry. A lot of the fortress area is paved enough to see the highlights of the island, but you will not be able to get a thorough view.

Unless I'm missing something, this is what I saw. I hope this helps some.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • iver's Profile Photo

Re: Handicap access

by iver Online Now May 10, 2011 at 2:24 PM

most stores in norway is obliged by law to have wheelchair access,, some of these in older city centres,solve this by having a removable ramp, unfortunally that means one has to ask staff to get it out

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines