Distrito de Lisboa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hop on hop off bus

Lisbon Oct 18, 2016 at 6:13 AM

Leaving for Lisbon, on Thurs. Will be at the hotel at noon. Have the rest of the day, on Friday, plus Saturday and Sunday to see the city. I had planned on the chill out tour, and independent sightseeing, but rain is forecast. I most probably will do a lot of walking with rain gear, but was wondering how people found the hop on hop off bus to get acclimated, or should it be very rainy. Any particular company? Will be staying by Restauradores. Thanks for any tips!

Popular Distrito de Lisboa Travel Answer Locations

• Hop on hop off bus

Lisbon Oct 18, 2016 at 6:13 AM

Leaving for Lisbon, on Thurs. Will be at the hotel at noon. Have the rest of the day, on Friday, plus Saturday and Sunday to see the city. I had planned on the chill out tour, and independent sightseeing, but rain is forecast. I most probably will do a lot of walking with rain gear, but was wondering how people found the hop on hop off bus to get acclimated, or should it be very rainy. Any particular company? Will be staying by Restauradores. Thanks for any tips!

10 Answers Oct 20, 2016 at 10:39 PM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Funicular operating times??

Lisbon Sep 3, 2016 at 2:48 PM

What hours is the funiculars operating in Lisbon??
      Thank you in advance :-)

1 Answer Sep 4, 2016 at 7:15 AM
    • Day pass for transportation

Lisbon Sep 2, 2016 at 4:47 AM

A day pass for transportation for 6eu was mentioned somewhere. Does this pass include the metro only, or busses and trams (tram 28?) as well? Do you purchase it from the machines in the metro?

6 Answers Sep 6, 2016 at 7:34 AM
    • Pena to Moors without the Moors

Sintra Aug 31, 2016 at 5:28 AM

Hi, we plan on seeing Pena and Quinta da Regaleira, but I read somewhere that there is a nice walking/hiking path from Pena to Moors with views to both of them. If there really is such a path, do I need to go into the castle of the Moors as well when we reach it (we don't plan on paying the fee and going inside) or does the path lead in front of it/near it somewhere? Sorry about the unclear question, but I can't seem to find any further info about that walking trail.

1 Answer Aug 31, 2016 at 2:57 PM
    • Views of Sintra from outside

Sintra Aug 30, 2016 at 5:24 AM

Hi, for our day trip to Sintra I've chosen Palacio Pena, Monserrate and Quinta da Regaleira. We don't want to go inside Pena, but want to see the views from the terraces-is there a ticket that includes that but not the interior? Also, we want to see it from such point of view: - is there a walking path that leads to it or something? Where would you get such a view of it?
      I read that Quinta is within walking distance from Sintra, but I can't find info about Monserrat- how do you reach it?

Sorry about the heap of questions!:)

3 Answers Aug 31, 2016 at 3:08 PM
    • glen006's Profile Photo

Four days in Lisbon

Lisbon Aug 21, 2016 at 2:36 AM

My wife and have booked flights for four days in Lisbon in early November.

I was wondering what are some things to do?

We are looking at some hotels, including HF Fenix, Real Palacio or Monte Belvedere - any other suggestions?

Also thinking of hiring a car, even if for a day for a day trip to Mafra - Ericeira - Sintra - Cascais. Does that seem doable? Any better day-trip ideas?

Seems like Bairro Alto is the place to be for hotel/restaurants/bars?

10 Answers Aug 24, 2016 at 6:10 AM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Movie cinema

Lisbon Aug 12, 2016 at 2:28 PM

Is there a cinema i lisbon (near Rossio) which shows movies in original laguage?
      Thank you in advance :-)

5 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 6:01 AM
    • A day and night in Lisbon

Lisbon Aug 10, 2016 at 12:15 AM

We are flying from Seville to Lyon in mid September but the flight takes us into Lisbon from Seville, then out to Lyons. What could we/should we do to make one day/night in Lisbon memorable? We like art, food, scenery, wine, literature, people. Not really sporty. Any hotel suggestions welcome also.

4 Answers Aug 12, 2016 at 5:36 AM
    • south of the tagus

Lisbon Aug 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM

We are hoping to do a day trip to Freeport outlet centre, taking the ferry across from terreiro do paco and coming back by bus over the vasco de gama bridge. However i am having a lot of difficulty working out the TST schedule. Can anyone help. Which bus will take us from the ferry at Montijo to the beach at Samouco to see the flamingos. Which stop would it be best to get out. Then we want to get a bus on to Freeport outlet shopping and finally take a bus over the bridge to Gare Oriente. My plan is to take the 412 from the ferry to Samouco and then the 431 from Samouco to Freeport and on to Gare Oriente. Has anyone a better or simpler plan.

3 Answers Aug 12, 2016 at 5:41 AM
    • streetname

Lisbon Jul 30, 2016 at 6:47 AM

Could anyone help me finding the name of this street? Would really appreciate it

3 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 10:28 AM
    • Safe to walk at night?

Lisbon Jul 27, 2016 at 11:38 PM

My wife and I who are in our 50s will be visiting Lisbon in August for 5 days. We have booked a place which is about 4 minutes walk from Martim Moniz. The place is located between the neighborhood Baixa and Mouraria. We would like to know if this area is safe to walk at night? Also any security tips to make our stay nice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

5 Answers Jul 29, 2016 at 7:11 AM
    • elicomio's Profile Photo

rent a car

Lisbon Jul 27, 2016 at 2:38 PM

In view of the stories about the taxi drivers, I considered renting a car for a week
      1 Is it worth it just for our comfort, we 4 people
      2 This will save us heartache
      3 can travel out of town and will not be dependent on
      4 easy to get along driving in the city

i will Happy to receive tips from your experience

6 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 2:52 PM
    • elicomio's Profile Photo

address of a public elevator

Lisbon Jul 25, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Does anyone know what is the address of a public elevator, Or escalator that was planned at the beginning of the 20th century by a disciple of Gustave Eiffel between downtown district (Chiado) and Upper Quarter (Barrio Alto)
      not the Santa Justa Lift !

11 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Looking for good ideas

Lisbon Jul 22, 2016 at 12:41 AM

We are celebrating my parents in laws 50 years wedding anniversary in Lisboa and want to surprice them with a special experience. Anyone have a good idea of what to do? They are not very active people but we still would like to take them somewhere either a different place to see or a restaurant which is special and is both a dinner and experience, this dosen´t mean that gourmet food, but maybe a special place or something.
      Any idea is welcome.

1 Answer Jul 30, 2016 at 7:25 AM
    • mariaschmidt's Profile Photo

Arrival to Alges and Vegan restarunts

Lisbon Jul 3, 2016 at 6:31 AM

Hi, I know that there is a rechargeable public transportation card sold at the metro stations in Lisbon, that can be filled up with day-passes for 6 euros. Do those day passes work when travelling to Algés too?
      Also, are there good places for vegan food in Lisbon? I'd love some recommendations

6 Answers Jul 4, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    • StevenC29's Profile Photo

Is it a must to buy a Lisboa card when visiting Lisbon

Lisbon Jul 1, 2016 at 1:47 AM

We've all heard of London's oystercard or Hong Kongs octopuscard?

But is it really necessary for lisbon?

Its says in Timeout that if you want to use the METRO then you must use a lisboncard. It says when you travel in from the airport you must use a lisboncard.

Or can you just bu tickets? There is a touristcard? Is this easier? How much is it and can I procure it in the UK before I leave? Does anyone have any webaddresses for the lisboncard?

6 Answers Jul 1, 2016 at 11:38 PM
    • Czar's Hunting Lodge Restaurant

Sintra Jun 28, 2016 at 4:58 PM

I ate in a hunting lodge in Sintra around 1975 and was introduced to green wine. Does anybody recall a restaurant like this?

2 Answers Jun 29, 2016 at 6:58 AM
    • Cascais to Cabo da Roca

Cabo da Roca Jun 28, 2016 at 2:58 AM

Hi guys, I am planning to visit today Cabo da Roca and I will be in bus 403 stopping at Cabo da Roca or not? Their website says no but the reviews here say yes...any clue?

Thanks, Irina.

1 Answer Jun 29, 2016 at 6:37 AM
    • About traveling alone in Lisbon

Lisbon Jun 21, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Hello everybody, My name is Erik and Im 26 years old.Havent been traveling in 3 years since I startet to get anxiety attacks, so now I finally want to get out there and Lisbon seems like a great city to just wander around in, getting lost. But I do have some question, how safe is the city? Also, anyone know a good and also cheap hotel which is quite close to the night activities? I do want to try out the night life, maybe not just clubbing but wandering around small bares and soak in the culture? Im thinking of staying there 4 days, late this month or next, what shall I not miss? I would love walking around from castles, vinylshops, bars, restaurangs and things like that.

Best wishes Erik.

10 Answers Jun 28, 2016 at 5:40 PM
    • Hotel and rent a car in Lisbon at the end of September

Lisbon Jun 8, 2016 at 1:33 AM

Will be at Lisbon at the end of September. Due to my medical problem I can't walk for long distances. Please advise an Lisbon safe area to choose the hotel to be closed to maximum of attractions or may be just good 4 stars hotel with elevator there. I am interesting as well to rent the car there for travelling in other parts of Portugal...What rent a car company would you recommend?

4 Answers Jun 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM
    • Renfe Ticket Offices in Lisbon

Lisbon Jun 2, 2016 at 4:39 PM

Is there a Renfe ticket office in Lisbon that sells the Tarjeta Dorada card?

1 Answer Jun 2, 2016 at 10:25 PM
    • Warning Refuge Santa Marta Hostel in Lisbon

Lisbon May 30, 2016 at 3:53 PM

I was very excited when i arrived to Lisbon but unfortunately the following frustrating situation happened

I have made a reservation for 4 nights at hostel: refuge santa marta and I have informed by e-mail that I will be arriving late on 24th May 2016 (around 11 45 pm) due to my 9 hrs flight all the way from Egypt. I arrived on 1:05 am to the hostel and I called the owner by phone because the door was closed he said your room is booked and the reservation is canceled because you were late. I told him I came all the way from Egypt and its my first time in Lisbon and I got lost in addition to the fact that it was raining and i had to move slowly. Now all the money for the whole 4 nights has been withdrawn from my credit card (145 euros) and I was left on the street at 1 am in the morning

Add to that the manager lied to me that the room is already booked but when i checked at that time i found there is an available room which totally clears his bad intentions in just stealing my money without giving me any service. and he only notified me in the mail to inform about the check in time without mentioning anything about the cancellation.
      He states that i was looking for another place and that's why i didn't come on time, WHY ON EARTH !!! will i be searching for another place to stay at 1.00 am while i know that in case i cancelled my booking all the money will be withdraw-ed from me.

this ruined my vacation and I just wanted to alert others to avoid such bad experIence

15 Answers Aug 31, 2016 at 10:21 AM
    • What are the best things to do in Lisbon and Porto

Lisbon May 27, 2016 at 4:03 AM

I am doing a trip with a group of 5. We are young stutends (between 20 and 23). If you have any recommendations for must see/do sites, food places,places to go out, ... it would be great!
      If you know, by any chance, the cheapest way to sleep it would be useful as well

1 Answer May 27, 2016 at 5:09 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Metro from the airport.

Lisbon May 18, 2016 at 11:32 PM

Can you go from the airport to the city center by tube?

10 Answers May 20, 2016 at 2:08 AM
    • Yumipyon's Profile Photo

Mardid to Lisbon

Lisbon May 14, 2016 at 2:08 AM

Hi, everyone!

I am just wondering if you can help...

We are thinking to go to Lisbon for our holiday but we want to go from Madrid. I know there is a bus, train, and rent a car option beside flying.

We are keen to do bus/train/ rent a car to have look at both Spain and Portugal. However, we don't speak Spanish or Portuguese so we want to make sure it is easy enough to go around without language problem!

Is it easy to drive in Spain to Portugal? Or is it safe to go by train/bus?

Thanks for your help!

5 Answers May 15, 2016 at 1:14 PM
    • StevenC29's Profile Photo

Been driven mad by ALSA website for travel between :Lisbon and Sevilla

Lisbon May 12, 2016 at 10:28 PM

The ALSA website is not working for me. To buy a ticket I have to put in my postcode. It rejects this. It asks for "a five figure postcode" - which it also rejects

I feel the need to speak with them. Can anyone provide me with their phone number??

Steve Cassidy

5 Answers May 13, 2016 at 8:41 AM
    • tickets for Teatro Tivoli April 28 or 29

Lisbon Apr 21, 2016 at 4:49 AM

I will be arriving 4/28 early morning, for 2 days in Lisbon before a bike tour. I am trying to read the schedule for 4/28. Am I correct that there is a Russian ballet performance? Can I buy a ticket if available directly from a box office there during the day? Any help would be appreciated, I always love to do a concert/whatever when traveling. Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 22, 2016 at 3:52 PM
    • Alma1861's Profile Photo

Any information

Lisbon Apr 13, 2016 at 1:06 AM

I'm thinking about visiting Lisbon in the Summer. Can anyone recommend anything? i like quirky interesting, not really touristy things. Any cafes, music places, nice cheap places to stay.
      Thank you in advance.

14 Answers Apr 27, 2016 at 6:54 AM
    • Ferry to Cacilhas

Lisbon Apr 9, 2016 at 12:11 PM

Does the day transport ticket cover the cost of this ferry.
      If not, can it be paid for using a zapping card or does it require a separate ticket.
      Thank you

3 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 6:01 AM
    • lisbon public transport

Lisbon Apr 3, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Q1. I have read that a single ticket last for 60 mins. Can you make a metro journey followed by a bus journey in this time. If so, does the final journey have to start before the 60 minutes elapses or does it have to be completed within the 60 mins.
      Q2. What is the best ticket to buy to take the metro to Cais Sodre and the train to Cascais, returning to Lisbon the same day.
      Many thanks in advance and much appreciation to anyone taking time to answer my query.

6 Answers May 2, 2016 at 8:51 AM