VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Dinard

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Bed and breakfast.

Paris Jan 13, 2017 at 11:40 PM

Could you suggest me some nice bed and breakfast in Paris?

Thanks!

more
    • Summer holiday

France Jan 11, 2017 at 3:11 AM

Sorry to hear this site is shutting down.

I had an incredible summer honeymoon in Switzerland thanks entirely to commenters on this forum. I'm really grateful.

This question is very broad but I thought I might get lucky again!

Hoping for a may/June family holiday this year.
      Traveling with a three year old and a one year old.
      Beach, hotel, pools, nature, good food, a nice little town nearby.
      We really want it to be child friendly with food and drink readily available but not too big a complex.
      Also considering Italy and Greece, I'll post over there too.

Many thanks if you have any thoughts!
      Emma

more
    • Chinon to Chambord Wednesday afternoon

Chinon Jan 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM

What would be the best way to go from Chinon to Chambord Chateau? I will only have an afternoon.

more
    • Provence France1 week extra

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Jan 16, 2017 at 11:47 AM

I will be ending a tour of southern France on a Thursday - end of Sept 2017. The tour will include: Pont du Gard, Arles, Les Baux, and Nice. I will have 7 days (following Thursday night) to get back to Paris for return flight.
      What would be a good trip? I have not seen Monaco, Antibes, Cannes, Marseilles, Aix en Provence, Vaison la Romaine. I would not mind going to Orange again. Prefer TGV rail over driving, but could rent a car for short trips.

more
    • visiting Villers Bretanneux from Paris

Paris Jan 4, 2017 at 10:22 PM

I'm keen to visit Villers Bretanneux while in Paris. I can catch a train to Amiens but need to be able to get to VB for a visit,then go to the Australian war memorial about a mile away. Any suggestions. I don't want to pay the E300 for a full tour of the Somme region. Driving isn't an option

more
    • jojes's Profile Photo

Paris with kids

Paris Jan 13, 2017 at 6:23 AM

Hello Paris experts ;-)

We'll be attending the U2 show in Paris on July 25 and want to add a couple of extra days in and around the city.
      I don't yet know where we'll be staying.

Our boys - who will be 9 and 11 by then - will be joining us. In fact it was their idea go along to a show and then our oldest one decided he wanted to see the Eiffeltower ... And what's a mum to do then but to buy tickets for the Stade de France then ... anything to keep the young ones happy (and now I can 'blame' them for the trip ;-) ).

We'll likely arrive there around noon on friday 21st and leave for home again on wednesday 26th.

Do any of you have a suggestion as on what kids might enjoy doing. The Eiffeltower is a must. Besides that: they don't mind a museum (as long as it doesn't take an entire day), they like history and they're not fussy about walking.
      I've read something about the sewers tour ... do you think that's worth doing with kids?

As always: thanks for your input!

more
    • Est-ce que le métro de Paris est encore dangereux?

Paris Dec 27, 2016 at 12:58 AM

Bonjour
      Mon ami et moi prévoyons d'aller à Paris dans quelques semaines. Mais parce qu'il est froid, nous voulons prendre le métro. Mais est-il sûr après tous les événements de cette année?
      Je souhaite une réponse rapide.
      Je vous remercie à l'avance!

more
    • HiliSu's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Paris Jan 14, 2017 at 4:42 PM

Traveling to Paris (3 days) and then to Caen (2days). Using the train system. Looking to stay close/walking distance or central point to stations. What station that would be? and any tips of what/where to stay (hotel wise) On a budget but safe area please. Thank you for your help.

more
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any must sees or must eats?

Carcassonne Jan 11, 2017 at 6:22 PM

We will be spending a few days in Carcassonne in May-June and have things pretty well sorted out. However, it would be nice to hear from you if you have any suggestions for things we should not miss. Also, restaurant recommendations would be welcome for Carcassonne, Narbonne, Beziers and/or Collioure.

Thanks - this could well be my last question before VT gets the deep six.

more
    • psychiy's Profile Photo

Paris - scenic spots like the Alps this Feb

Paris Jan 4, 2017 at 4:58 PM

I will be in Paris this early Feb and would like to go to a scenic spot similar to the Alps. Perhaps Jungfrau Switzerland or somewhere nearer Paris or Geneva? I only have 2 days though. Our free time will be Friday the whole day until Sunday morning. We need to leave by Sunday morning (either from Paris or Geneva). Any suggestions?

more
    • johnnyboy84

by johnnyboy84 Online Now Mar 17, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Does anyone know how easy it is to get from dinard airport to dinard town centre - is it walkable ?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 1:43 PM
    • dinard airport shuttle to st malo

by EmmyFT Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

We are heading to dinard in 2 days- there seems to be contradictory information on whether there is a shuttle service running according to Ryanair schedule from the airport to St Malo. Would really really appreciate it if someone who has been there recently can update us... is the fastest way still to walk to pleurtuit and take local buses? many thanks (:

1 Answer Aug 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    • taxi

by JACKIE101X Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

can i get a 6 passenger taxi from dinard airport

2 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    • How to get to Guernsey from France

by MCraig Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Does anyone know how to get from Tours to Dinard - trying to get to Guernsey and it is proving really difficult. Don't have a car, so reliant on bus, train or plane.

Have transport to Bordeaux and Tours, but nothing then til Paris but would like to do a side-trip to Guernsey for a week.

Any suggestions as to cheap flights (that don't have to go into the UK if poss) would be great.

6 Answers Jul 14, 2010 at 2:21 AM
    • paris-dinard- means of transport and other tips

by patopato44 Online Now May 7, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Hi, everybody!
      could you please tell me which are the options to arrive at Dinard from Paris? Are Dinard's beaches good for swimming? Is the town interesting to walk around? Are there regular buses to St Malo? What is there in the area that we should absolutely see ?
      We'are planning to stay for some 5 days there.
      Thanks in advance,
      Patopato

2 Answers May 23, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    • HELP with Gite or Villa Dinard!!!

by suhart Online Now Feb 23, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Im wondering if anyone can help me. Im looking for a Gite or Villa in Dinard 35800 town .I am traveling to Dinard with my elderly parents and 3 sisters in July 2010. I wish to find a Villa quiet near the town centre as my father isnt very good at walking and we will not have a car. I have searched the internet for a 3 bedroom house but they all seem to be outside of Dinard town centre.

2 Answers Feb 24, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    • emiliahenry's Profile Photo

from Dinard airport to Rospoden by train

by emiliahenry Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Hello

does anyone knows what is the easiest way to get from Dinard airport in march to Rospoden near Concarneau with the least amount of changes? We don't have a car.Or any train that way?

thank you for your help.

Emilia

2 Answers Jan 13, 2008 at 12:25 AM
    • WALKING IN THE DINARD/ST.MALO AREA

by theramsaregoingup Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 8:06 AM

HAS ANYONE GOT ANY INFORMATION ON WALKING IN THE DINARD/ST.MALO AREA. PREFERABLY CIRCULAR, AROUND 10 - 15 MILES.

2 Answers Feb 23, 2007 at 9:19 AM
    • Dinard to Bayeux?

by Rangerdog Online Now Aug 31, 2004 at 4:45 PM

Will be arriving in Dinard by air, but then need to travel to Bayeux. Any suggestions on available public transportation?

1 Answer Aug 31, 2004 at 9:58 PM
    • MSLIV's Profile Photo

DINARD TRANSPORTATION

by MSLIV Online Now Jun 19, 2004 at 1:49 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT FRIENDS IN DINARD, BUT I WONDER IF ANY ONE CAN TELL ME HOW DIFFERCULT THIS WILL BE WITHOUT A CAR. I WILL BE TRAVELING FROM PARIS. THANKS FOR ANY INFO. LIV