Departamento de Cusco

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Season of Year

Machu Picchu Oct 7, 2016 at 11:01 AM

When is the best time of year to go for weather, low crowds, etc.

3 Answers Oct 12, 2016 at 10:05 AM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

Fear of the height

Machu Picchu Sep 1, 2016 at 7:11 AM

Do you think somebody with a serious fear of the height could have problems in visiting Machu Pichu?

8 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 9:09 AM
    • solo traveller

Machu Picchu Jul 4, 2016 at 7:27 AM

I was wondering if there is a company that caters for solo travellers from the uk that wouldn`t cost the earth, to visit machu picchu,it seems a bit difficult to do on my own,flights and hotel i can manage,or is there any fellow brits planning a trip for next year who would welcome a companion?

6 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 12:48 PM
    • Best Rainbow Mountain trek agency

Cusco Jun 30, 2016 at 6:34 AM

Hello! I am currently in Cusco and overwhelmed by the nimber of agencies offering Rainbow Mountain treks, especially in one day. Does anyone have experience with this trek? We would like to do a 2 or 4 day hike, and are most interested in this route so far:

Please help!

• agathi's Profile Photo

tour to the sacred valley

Cusco May 16, 2016 at 1:45 PM

Hallo my friends. We are thinking of hiring a car or a car with a driver to make the tour to the sacred valley. Do you have any recomandations on either the transportation or where to find a good driver? I read that it is much more expensive to rent a car than a car with a driver. We will end the tour at Ollantaytambo where we have to catch the train to Agua Callientes.
      Thank you.

10 Answers May 20, 2016 at 5:31 AM
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Machu Pichu - 2 days

Machu Picchu Apr 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM

I've booked trains and hotel to spend 2 nights at Aguas Caliente. But buying tickets for entrance to Mp worked not so good. I have 2 tickets for the first day to MP+Mountain, but booking for MP+HP for the second day was denied - overbooking. Its weird, because site still shows 31 ticket available for my date.
      So can anybody suggest what can I do on the second day (my train is rather late).
      Is it any chance that I'll buy tickets on the site day before?
      Can we hike by ourselves near Aguas Caliente? Are there other places of interest except MP?

4 Answers Apr 25, 2016 at 2:59 PM
    • mens' Peruvian silver and blue bracelet

Machu Picchu Jan 30, 2016 at 10:13 AM

June 2015 I bought from a vendor's stall near end of what I believe is called the Aguas Calientes market just after leaving the gate of Machu Picchu. I bought two silver and blue rings and wanted to buy a matching bracelet but my family dissuaded me. How can I get in touch with the vendor (two or three women were working in the stall at that time)

1 Answer Jan 30, 2016 at 2:11 PM
    • KoalaB's Profile Photo

What to take?!

Machu Picchu Jan 1, 2016 at 8:15 PM

I'm travelling with a small tour group to MP in middle of March 2016. We fly to Cuzco where we spend time visiting ruins etc. two days before we take the train to the Sacred Valley. Reading all the tips on what to take I'm thinking I'm going to need a bigger back pack! I'm not a young person any more. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

11 Answers Jan 19, 2016 at 9:16 PM
    • youvirtualtourist's Profile Photo

How to get to the viewpoint with Machu Picchu in the background

Machu Picchu Dec 24, 2015 at 1:17 PM

I was wondering without doing any of the 2 mountain hikes, how does one get to the main viewpoint with the ruins in the background? What direction do I take? Is it close by to the Machu Picchu entrance or do I go up some trail? As much detail as possible if possible.

8 Answers Dec 25, 2015 at 9:35 PM
    • Questions for Machu Picchu day - luggage, trains

Departamento de Cusco Dec 13, 2015 at 12:24 PM

We will be traveling to Peru in March. I can't seem to find the answers to the last few planning questions that I have. Hoping someone can help: We will stay in Ollyntaytambo for two nights and then do a day trip to Machu Picchu finishing in Cusco. So the plan is to depart Ollyntaytambo in the morning for Machu Picchu - visit MP - return to Cusco that same evening for two nights. This is where I am having difficult. Here are my questions:

1 - Any thoughts on Peru Rail versus Inca Rail? Is one better or more reliable than the other?

2 - Has anyone had difficulty actually booking on Peru Rail? I can select the specific departure that I want but after that the webpage will not load? I have tried three different computers on three different servers on three different days. Third time a charm?

3 - We will check out of our Ollyntaytambo hotel in the morning and am not sure what to do with the luggage. I am not sure I understand the luggage limits on the train or if there is storage at the Machu Picchu train station or in Machu Picchu. We may not return to Ollyntaytambo to pick up luggage but go direct to Cusco.

4 - It has been suggested to me that the train from MP to Cusco stops in Ollyntaytambo and that we may be able to store luggage there and pick up at the stop. I cannot find any evidence that it stops. Anyone done this route?

5 - It seems llike it might actually take less time to take the train from MP to Ollyntaytambo and then hire a van to Cusco. Anyone have experience with this?

Would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions that anyone has -

Thank you.

6 Answers Jan 1, 2016 at 4:43 PM
    • bobsnicholson's Profile Photo

Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu Oct 30, 2015 at 12:06 AM

When is the quietest time of year to visit Machu Picchu. I don't do busy and queues. Ta

9 Answers Nov 1, 2015 at 4:03 AM
    • malka12's Profile Photo

November rainy days

Machu Picchu Oct 7, 2015 at 3:53 AM

Is that so bad to visit machu Picchu on rainy days? I have only 3 days in tha area from 10-13 of november, and the forecast inform about rainy days all november

5 Answers Oct 7, 2015 at 9:33 AM
    • kbl's Profile Photo

Arrival of Cruz Del Sur, and departure of train

Cusco Aug 12, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Good day all travelers!

I'll be arriving in september by bus in Cusco (Cruz Del Sur). According to their time table I get there at 06:00AM. I have a couple of questions:
      1. Are these busses generally arriving more or less on time?
      2. I can't locate an address that Google maps can understand for this terminal. My ticket has "Av. Industrial Nro.121 Urb. Bancopata Cusco" marked. Can anyone point me to a google maps location that corresponds?
      3. I'm planning to take a train to Machu Picchu from Cusco. Is the station of POROY or the station of OLLANTAYTAMBO the closest to the bus terminal, and how much time would it take me to go from the bus to the train?

Thanks a million & safe travels!

7 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 9:54 AM
    • cost for train

Machu Picchu Aug 1, 2015 at 4:58 PM

What is the current one way cost for the Hiram Bingham train?

3 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 6:35 PM
    • Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo

Cusco Jul 28, 2015 at 8:06 AM

I'm landing in Cusco at 16:10, 30.8
      And would like to take a ride to Ollantaytambo the same day.
      Are ther vans which go there around 17:00-18:00?
      Can I take one direct from the airport or should I go cusco first?
      Where in cusco I should arrive?
      Or maby there are local buses or colectivos at this time?
      How much it cost?
      How much time the ride takes?

1 Answer Jul 28, 2015 at 8:03 PM
    • time to drive to olla

Cusco Jul 15, 2015 at 3:58 PM

how long does it takes for taxi to reach olla fr cusco? what is/are there to see in/around/near olla for a couple of hours?

4 Answers Jul 18, 2015 at 11:44 AM
    • safe at night?

Cusco Jul 15, 2015 at 3:53 PM

we'll be staying in Cusco for 2-3 days then go to MP; am looking at train sched fr Olla to AQ and back next day; sched I find convenient for us to take are: dep Olla at 18:00, arr AQ at 20:45.... dep next day fr AQ at 18:20, arr Olla 20:15. my question is , is it safe to arrive at those places in that time of the night? I guess I've to make an arrangement w/ a taxi to drive us to Olla and to p/u us at Olla to return to Cusco.

2 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 8:18 PM
    • Join trip to Tres Cruces sunrise

Cusco Jul 6, 2015 at 6:20 PM

I plan to rent a car for trip to watch Tres Cruces sunrise 7-8 Julay.
      Call me if you may be interested to join and divide costs. Probable departure time about 12 pm.

There is plenty of descriptions of this wonder. For example this one:

3 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 8:15 PM
    • Exact time of sunrise at Tres Cruces

Cusco Jul 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Do somebody knows exact time when it necessary to be at Tres Cruces to see sunrise in Julay?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 9:44 AM
    • Peru Rail tickets

Cusco Jun 1, 2015 at 10:16 PM

We are going to Peru on August 2015; staying in Cusco for 3 days and will take Peru rail fr Ollan to MP, is it OK to buy train tickets online now (June 2015) or wait till we get to Cusco?

12 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    • tour booking

Machu Picchu May 7, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Has anyone booked there tour to Machu Picchu from Cuzco itself ? Have my own idea of what I would like to see and all tours seem quite expensive when booked from home. Can anyone recommend any tour companies over there at all? Thanks, Chris

13 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 5:08 PM
    • tranvia and tourist tickets

Cusco May 3, 2015 at 9:28 AM

I've reading reviews on Cusco, often mentioned "make sure you being your tourist ticket" when visiting places like SV, Ollan, churches/cathedral, etc; a while back when I begin to consider going to MP, I read reviews and recommendation fr VT forum and remember to come upon tranvia and tickets to purchase in Cusco; now I can't find topic on tranvia and ticket to buy so I can learn more. We are going in August. Any lead please

2 Answers May 3, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    • Is one day enough

Machu Picchu May 2, 2015 at 4:27 AM

Is one day enough to visit Machu Picchu or would two days be ideal.

4 Answers Jun 4, 2015 at 3:59 PM
    • places to see

Cusco Apr 30, 2015 at 1:31 PM

we'll be in Cusco, Peru for 3 days in August; we plan (hoping) to do tours by ourselves (2); need help on places togo/see and how much to hire a taxi/guide and where (in forum, mbrs said people in where one stays usually is a good source) and how much (ball park) a day? any help will be appreciated. also coming in early (6 AM), is it safe to get a taxi fr airport to hotel (it is said, if p/u is arranged by hotel, more expensive) and how much? Thank you.

16 Answers Jun 4, 2015 at 8:41 PM
    • museum inside MP

Machu Picchu Apr 25, 2015 at 10:03 AM

How far is the museum inside MP from the gate where people go in to MP?

14 Answers Jun 11, 2015 at 11:00 PM
    • Nestor Sanchez

Cusco Apr 9, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Is Nestor Sanchez art, displayed at Regional History Museum, accessible online?

4 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 3:27 PM
    • affordable person/taxi

Cusco Mar 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM

we will be in Cuzco for 4 days in August 2015; we are in late 70s and on a budget; will appreciate if any member can recommend someone w/ car who can drive us around SV and help us buys tickets for site entrance, train and MV.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 9:49 PM
    • Where to book the Salkantay trek?

Cusco Mar 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Hi guys,

Because the Inca trail is pretty much full until August, I would like to do the Salkantay trek. Does anyone know a good place where I can book this? I prefer a safe qualified agency because I know many agencies aren't qualified for tours like this.

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 3:44 PM
    • Spanish school Amauta has moved to a different building?

Cusco Mar 5, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Hi guys! I am planning to travel around in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador for the next 4 months. I would like to start my journey in Cusco to learn some Spanish at Amauta. I’ve heard that the address has changed, possibly to Jose Carlos Mariátegui K-4 (Sta Mónica) Does anyone know about this? And supposedly there is agency in the same building?

1 Answer Mar 5, 2015 at 2:37 PM
    • Best way to organise day trip to MP?

Machu Picchu Mar 5, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Planning on staying in cusco for 3 nights and want to do the day trip to MP. Seen online that its advisable to buy tickets prior to arrival, however just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of wheres best to purchase from? Ive looked online but its difficult to gage which websites are legitimate. would like to do MP and hyuana too, so can anyone advise a package deal or how best to go about organising this. Also any experiences of inca or peru rail and which one to book with? Many thanks, Rachel

6 Answers Dec 19, 2015 at 2:30 PM