Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aortser's Profile Photo

Budget accommodation in Midtown East at New York for one month

New York City 4 hours ago

Hi,

Does anybody know of any accommodation (not shared bedroom) in Midtown East for the whole month of September 2016

for maximum USD 3,000 besides the ones that can be found at booking.com, tripadvisor.com and airbnb.com?

Thanks

more
    • SherryM16's Profile Photo

Get Nerdio Uber - Free ride?

Chicago Aug 24, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Has anyone here tried the free Uber ride from Nerdio here in Chicago? Heard from a pal that they also offer door-to-door Uber (with IT consultation, etc.) all for free. Has anyone tried it? Is it really free? Thanks!

more
    • Trailhead to trailhead shuttle

Glacier National Park Aug 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Is it possible to arrange a shuttle from trailhead to trailhead to close the loop on a backpacking trip? Thinking I want a ride for two from Kintla Lake back to Waterton Park trailhead.

more
    • Gyms/health clubs in Princeville

Kauai Aug 7, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic, but I plan on going to the gym during my Kauai vacation. Will be staying in a condo in Princeville. A google search turns up gyms in Kapaa, but none in Princeville. The nearby hotels require the purchase of a day pass to use their gyms, but it isn't worth the money ($50 - $250/day) considering all I want to do is use the gym. Does anyone know of any gyms in Princeville/Hanalei? Thank you!

more
    • Anything to do in Pt. Kent?

Port Kent Aug 3, 2016 at 6:01 AM

We're in Burlington, VT and thinking of taking the ferry to Pt. Kent without our car. Is there anything to do or see just walking around there that would be worth the trip? Thanks!

more
    • Bridge jumping spots?

Florida Keys Aug 1, 2016 at 9:50 AM

Hello,

I am planning a visit to the Keys soon and was wondering if there are any good/safe spots to do some bridge jumping from? I was told by a friend about the Sugarloaf Key 'Jumping Bridge' location which looks like a great spot, is anyone aware of similar locations, perhaps parts of the old 7-mile bridge?

more
    • Vehicle crossing into US

Laredo Aug 25, 2016 at 9:04 PM

I would like to take a Mexican car into the US at the Laredo border crossing. What paperwork do I need to complete? Any handy hints? The car is not currently registered and is for export from Galveston within 30 days of crossing into the US, which I think is OK under the US temporary import rules.

Also, can I hire a trailer and car in the US and cross into Mexico and back out again to the US, or is this just asking for a world of hurt? I'm not even sure US hire companies would even allow their cars to exit the country, even temporarily!

Cheers

Geoff

more
    • Morgandy14's Profile Photo

National Parks in Alabama

United States of America Aug 15, 2016 at 2:35 AM

Hi all,

Can you give me a few Nat'l Parks, very nice ones, for Alabama? I will be camping the gulf coast this winter.

I like to stick along the shores as much as possible, but don't have to. I am looking for something diverse with marshes, good birding, a lot of beauty. If the are inland, that will have to do.

I understand it will be cold most likely.

Thanks for the help..

more
    • to pier 91 in seattle

Poulsbo Aug 11, 2016 at 1:22 PM

does route 90 go all the way to pier 91?

more
    • Which Dive Site is better

Florida Aug 7, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Looking for some advice.... For snuba and snorkling, which is better? Duck Key or Sombrero Reef

I was looking at doing a charter..

(1) http://www.diveduckkey.com/

Dive Duck Key has their own sites they go to and apparently dont have another dive shop within 10 miles of their shop. Seems the wild life is kinda slack and you mostly see sand and rock.. not much coral and fish etc. I at least gather this info by watching youtube videos of dives at this site. Am I wrong? Is it worth it?

(2) http://www.tildensscubacenter.com/

I was looking at this charter as well which goes to Sombrero Reef. Sombrero Reef seems more lively but is also more packed.

Which one do yall recommend. Thank you

Also we were looking at snorkeling with http://keysdiver.com/index.htm ... the 3 stop trip. Does anyone have any experience with this trip? Thank you

more
    • Places to stay in Destin

Destin Aug 7, 2016 at 6:14 AM

Hi, we're going to Destin next year and I need some suggestions on great places to stay that are walking distance to attractions. Thanks!

more
    • Transportation to Seldovia on a Wednesday

Seldovia Jul 30, 2016 at 11:18 AM

Five of us are traveling to Seldovia from Homer on a Wednesday and as I search for transportation I find most are closed on Wednesday. Am I reading things incorrect or can you only fly to Seldovia from Homer on a Wednesday. Thanks, Judy

more
    • Ferry from Victoria, VI to Seattle and immigration/customs

Seattle 21 hours ago

Hi

Hope someone can advise please? We are travelling from UK to Vancouver Island then want to travel on to Seattle. It looks as though the Clipper Ferry to Seattle would be the most convenient but is this ok from an immigration/customs point of entry into the US?

Many thanks

more
    • Travel Insurance for Round the World Trip

United States of America Aug 23, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good value for money travel insurance which will cover us for 3 days of skiing? Most companies I've found will only do snow sports cover for the whole trip which makes it insanely expensive, especially given we only need the cover for three days out of our 4 week trip.

Any suggestions??

We are based in Australia in case that makes a difference.

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Restaurant near 54th & 6th

New York City Aug 22, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Looking for a recommendation for a restaurant for dinner with clients on Wednesday. Looking for someplace a bit quiet and not packed/rushing with the theater crowd. They will be at the Hilton (54th & 6th) so something near by would be great. Prefer "neutral" food - American, Italian? Thanks!

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

Toll roads?

Portland Aug 17, 2016 at 5:51 PM

We are renting a car in Portland and the car rental agency wants us to rent a PlatePass to pay for tolls where there are no cashiers in the booths. Apparently this is a national trend. Can you tell me if there are many tollroads in the Portland area ?

more
    • Downtown Pittsburgh - for a stay and family time for a weekend.

Pittsburgh Aug 17, 2016 at 8:49 AM

Hi,

Would you have any opinion for a visitor with young adult family members to stay in downtown Pittsburgh to have good time for a weekend vacation? Any comments from frequent travelers or natives of downtown area much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tarun

more
    • Alamitos Beach, between Orange avenue and Cherry

Long Beach Aug 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Is it safe to live in Alamitos between Orange avenue and Cherry street, south of Broadway? I am trying to find a place to live and I was just wondering if this area is safe to live in. I have heard conflicting information on the area and would like to know from someone who lives in Long Beach and knows the area. Thank you!

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

is 5 days too long in Yellowknife in December?

Hawaii (State of) Aug 14, 2016 at 4:15 AM

Hi. My my mom and I will be going to Yellowknife in December hoping to see the northern lights. Initially, we are planning a 5 day trip to maximise our chance to see the lights but now I am having second thoughts if that 5 days is too long especially with -30 to -40 C weather. We will be renting the full winter outfit during our whole stay but I am worried that it won't still be enough to go out for a long period of time even with proper layering. What do you think? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • aortser's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Manhattan for one month from 15 August 2016

New York City Aug 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Hi,

I need to stay for one month in Manhattan from 15 August 2016, preferably at walking distance from UN Plaza.

Do you know about any young workers residence or studios or one bed-room apartments for maximum USD 2,700 for one month stay all expenses included?

Cheers,

Antonio

more
    • to pier 91 in seattle

Poulsbo Aug 11, 2016 at 1:23 PM

does bus route 90 go all the way to pier 91?

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

Need update on the Steel Pier.

Atlantic City Aug 7, 2016 at 7:18 AM

We have $100 worth of ride tickets for the Steel Pier. Can you tell me if there are any rides appropriate for a 2 1/2 yo and a 3 1/2 year old? I just wonder if it's mostly a venue for teens and adults. Also, I have heard that the Pier is in a very run-down condition. Any comments on that?

more
    • Travel Agency for Hawaii

Hawaii (Big Island) Aug 4, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Is Tropicaltravel.net reliable in terms of customer service?

more
    • Drive from Seattle to Glacier National Park

Glacier National Park Aug 1, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Driving from Seattle to GNP in November. Wondering what the road conditions and weather will be like. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • best RV Campground

Glacier National Park Aug 12, 2016 at 2:46 PM

We plan to visit Glacier NP in early September staying in our travel trailer. We were planning to stay at the KOA Saint Mary on the East side. NOw we are finalizing the plans and considering the KOA in West Glacier. Any iinformation or opinions is appreciated

more
    • Two bedroom hotel suites in downtown Denver

by kittnbobbi Online Now Jul 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Flying into Denver for two nights before exploring other nearby areas. Looking for a two bedroom (not one bed, one pull out sofa) suite in a hotel downtown. We have such a room at the Staybridge Suites in Glendale, but I get the feeling we might like to stay downtown and closer to shopping/restaurants. Thanks in advance for any insight!

1 Answer Jul 14, 2016 at 11:57 AM
    • samtin's Profile Photo

Where to park near state capitol, Denver - for day out in downtown

by samtin Online Now Jun 15, 2016 at 5:42 AM

hello We are visiting from UK and do not know Denver at all. We staying in Stapleton and want to spend a day in downtown doing a walk from our Lonely Planet guidebook which takes in lots of the sights (Capitol, 16th St Mall, Convention Center, Confluence Park etc and to eat downtown in the early evening (this will be a Tuesday in July). Can anyone advise where to best to head to for parking. We expect to pay but don't mind walking a bit to get into downtown. If anyone has any particular recommendations for things to see and do in downtown/Lodo, that would be great. Thanks, Sam

3 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 10:54 PM
    • avs189's Profile Photo

4th July Long Weekend in Denver

by avs189 Online Now Jun 5, 2016 at 9:44 PM

I would be visiting Denver around 4th July Long weekend . Mostly would stay around Cherry Creek Neighborhood through one of the airbnb accommodations

My tentative plan is as below and need inputs from some of your experts

1> Arriving by flight on 2nd midnight

2> On 3rd -Planning to explore cherry creek ,16th street mall and other downtown locations as per feasibility

All museums seem expensive :) , may be just need to click pics from outside.

3> On 4th - Planning to take half day gray-line tour of 50 bucks - red rocks , Coors breweries and standard pit stops

i do have rest of the day (after noon) at my leisure which i need to plan for.

4> On 5th - Planning to take free walking tour of 2 hours to see larimer square , capitol hill and other famous downtown attractions

5> On final day - i am inclined towards Rocky Mountain National Park tour estimated around 90 bucks by Colorado sight seeing tour folks . I am very much nature person and would even love to take their Mount Evans Summer Ultimate tour which is another 90 bucks .I am still in dilemma whether i should shell 200 bucks and do these tours . I was told that Pikes peak isn't that popular one among the folks.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2016 at 10:00 PM
    • 6 Days in Denver

by edie79 Online Now May 29, 2016 at 8:09 AM

Hey...My husband, daughter (6 1/2) and myself will be traveling to Denver for the first time next month. Ideally, we'd like to visit: Boulder, Ft Collins, Estes Park, Red Rock Park and Denver as well. I was hoping for some pointers on where to go specifically within these cites? As of now, we've booked a hotel in Lone Tree,but I feel the daily commute would be exhausting. Thoughts? Is Lone Tree close to thriving, lively parts of Denver? Luckily, we can amend our reservation and book a few hotels/ Air BNB in each location (if necessary) I am wondering where it would make sense to stay if we decide to stay sleep in location? If Denver is the answer, which specific neighborhood? We would like do some fun, family friendly activities as well as some adult outings for us. Any specific tours, festivals, areas to check out? We would love to go hiking and be outdoors, too. Visiting 6/28 - 7/3. If there are specific events not to be missed, please do share. Appreciate your assistance! - Edie

2 Answers May 30, 2016 at 6:55 AM
    • United flight connection

by teresawise Online Now May 17, 2016 at 11:38 PM

is 35 minutes enough time to connect from arriving at Gate B27 to departing at B56?

6 Answers May 21, 2016 at 3:39 PM
    • Denver or Boulder?

by nighthawk71 Online Now May 17, 2016 at 2:09 AM

Hi guys,
      I'll be visiting Denver in a couple of weeks for a conference, after which I'll have a couple of days of vacation. Would you recommend I stayed in Denver or go out to Boulder? Perhaps elsewhere?
      Thanks.

2 Answers May 17, 2016 at 10:52 PM
    • Any recommendations on a 10 hour layover?

by HaulinOats21 Online Now May 12, 2016 at 11:43 PM

I'll be flying into Denver on Wednesday morning and have a layover until late at night. I was hoping to experience as much of Denver as much as I can, I hear the city is not too far away.

Would love to hear of some can't miss places to experience with the short amount of time I have. Love food so suggestions always welcome as well.

3 Answers May 13, 2016 at 2:24 PM
    • Denver downtown

by Mbtd8585 Online Now Apr 1, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Hi, 2 girls in our late 20s staying in downtown denver for 4 days...looking for anything to do unique to denver...restaurants, bars, clubs, outdoor activities etc. Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 1, 2016 at 9:11 PM
    • paolo_t's Profile Photo

Clothes and weather

by paolo_t Online Now Mar 27, 2016 at 10:07 AM

Hi everyone,
      me and my family (wife and a 18 month toddler) will be staying in Denver the whole month of April.
      We are from italy, so we are used to fair weather and mild temperatures.
      I was wondering if any of you might advice us about what to pack in terms of clothes, especially for our son.
      I have been looking at the weather reports and I see one day it's warm and the day after it's below zero..
      Thanks,
      Paolo

4 Answers Mar 28, 2016 at 10:59 AM
    • Sienlu's Profile Photo

Best things to see/do between Los Angeles, CA and Denver, CO by car

by Sienlu Online Now Feb 16, 2016 at 1:03 PM

We are going to Denver and Estes Park in June and want to cut off our drive (17 hours) by visiting cool places in between with our 2 kids (3 and 8). We are going to do it in 3 days. Could you give me ideas of what's worth a stop in between Los Angeles and Denver? Thanks a lot. :)

10 Answers Feb 19, 2016 at 12:54 PM
    • Nice neighborhoods near DIA?

by sofo123 Online Now Sep 3, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Starting a new job at DIA soon. Need safe neighborhoods within an hours drive to look into. Looking to buy or rent a house.  Thoughts on good and bad areas? Thanks

3 Answers Sep 4, 2015 at 5:02 PM
    • Need your expertise view

by sudheervarma.dandu Online Now Jul 7, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Hi, I'm planning for vacation with family (spouse, 2 kids - 4yrs, 1.75yrs old). We will be arriving Denver airport on 08/22/2015 around 8AM. I would need to return back on 08/25/2015 around noon. Intent of my vacation is to cover Denver and Colarado Springs. Knowing my schedule, I would like to know whether I stay in Denver on 08/22 and 02/23 and cover all the places, then go to colarado springs on 08/24 and stay there till 08/25 and return t Denver airport on same day. Need the best plan from this forum so that i can stick to it.

Of course, I would be cautious in spending too much money. Do you suggest any best hotels which comes under budget so that I can cover Denver and colarado springs on and off.

3 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 8:19 AM
    • First time in CO- Red Rocks Concert and Pikes Peak long weekend

by seawave75 Online Now Jun 19, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Hi. Traveling east coast to Denver to see back to back shows at Red Rocks and see Manitou & Pike's Peak. Confused on best lodging options considering the distance between the two sites and the airport. Is there a recommended hotel/inn that's fairly central to both places? If not, I'm thinking 2 nights near red rocks and 2 nights in CO Springs? We'll be there mid- August. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you in advance!

3 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    • public transport airport into town (Capitol hill)?

by inselkind Online Now Jun 7, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Hi there,

Could anybody tell me what the best way is on public transport to go from Denver airport to Capitol hill?
      Also how much would a taxi be?
      Thanks a lot!

2 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 10:21 AM
    • MissEmilyDT's Profile Photo

Trying to plan the ultimate 30th for my husband - Traveling to Denver

by MissEmilyDT Online Now May 11, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Hi everyone,

I am from Ottawa, Canada, and I am planning a surprise trip to Denver CO for my husbands 30th. He is a MASSIVE Die-Hard Broncos Fan and it has always been his dream to see a Broncos home game in Denver.

I am purchasing tickets for the Oct 4th game so we will be in Denver that week. (I am also looking for suggestions on where the best seats are in the stadium... I don't want to mess this up and I'm sure some are better than others - trying to keep it around $300-$400 a ticket)

Other than the Tailgate party, stadium tour and of course.. the GAME!! I am looking for some fun ideas for the remainder of our trip.

I want this trip to be all about him and his favorite things.
      Other than LOVING anything to do with football, he is into vintage muscle cars, scotch/whiskey, cigars and of course a good steak. All things I would like to treat him to while we are there.

I of course also want to explore the beauty of Denver, and really just looking for fun things to do and places to see!
      Any and all suggestions are very appreciated.
      Thank you all so much! :)

Emily.

3 Answers May 12, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    • luggage transport possibility from Denver Aiport to Aspen Colardo

by schosu Online Now Apr 28, 2015 at 9:31 AM

We need to transport luggage ( 2 big suitcases) from Denver Airport to Aspen, Colorado? Because it doesn't fit in the car. Are there any options to transport only the suitcases? Thankyou

5 Answers May 2, 2015 at 6:25 AM
    • What to do for 3 days in Colorado?

by NolaGirl99710 Online Now Jan 4, 2015 at 10:32 AM

We have decided to take a couple days and travel to Colorado. I want to see and do as much as I can in 3 days(2 full days). We are staying in Denver and considering renting a car. Should we rent a car or is there another type of transportation that will take us out of the city? Also where should we travel to? We have never experienced snow before so we want to experience winter activities. Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 5:22 PM
    • avs189's Profile Photo

Need travel companion for Denver

by avs189 Online Now Nov 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Planning to visit denver around president's day long weekend . Need travel companion for sharing the expenses.

2 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 10:18 PM
    • Ground transportation

by niagaracanuk Online Now Aug 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM

What is the best way to get from the Amtrak station to the airport? I will need to get a hotel overnight as well.

3 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    • susiemargare's Profile Photo

connection time between southwest airlines flights in denver airport

by susiemargare Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 1:27 AM

hi --

i am flying from tennessee to idaho (and back) in november with one stop in denver. all flights are on southwest airlines, with connection times 45-50 mins each way. is that long enough?

thanks -- susie margaret

3 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • dress up or down from may 29th to June 4th

by Helen107 Online Now May 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM

What should i wear from May 29th -June 4th/14 for mostly walking/shopping. I love long dress and hats and hoping to bring some with me. Should i bring extra running/walking shoes with a yoga pants? I don't wear shorts but don't want to feel too hot? Thanks for any pointers.

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • Overview Tour?

by library.booklover Online Now May 21, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Is there a tour bus that gives a good overview tour of Denver?

2 Answers May 31, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • AMSTERSAM's Profile Photo

Recreational

by AMSTERSAM Online Now May 4, 2014 at 5:30 AM

Will be at the downtown Sheraton upcoming weekend, need to find a close or any recreational shop w/Mary's Patches and/or dry medicinal tea. Prices double or tripple some places, I would do the same but I guess I would rather not go to a ' tourist traps.'.....but will.

• Nightlife downtown

by Everton1878 Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Is there any particular dress code for clubbing? I'm from England, a tshirt jeans and smart trainers are acceptable here. Or a shirt if it's somewhere particularly smart. Il be going summertime so I'm guessing it will still be hot in the evening. Any advice please?

6 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    • Safety and a Good Start

by Louanna23 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

by mccalpin Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

Thanks!

Bill

14 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • things to do near tech center

by Richshaw Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM

staying at hyatt place tech center anything worth seeing in walking distance

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • Gentlmen's clubs

by Goofy11 Online Now May 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Will be in Denver for B'Day, staying in Tech Center area. What gentlemen's club would you recommend, friendlier the better? Will have my own transportation so does not have to be in the Tech area. Also any dance bars?

Thanks any input appreciated.

• First Week of July.

by nicholaspapa23 Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM

A few friends and I are vacationing out to Denver and need some insight on the best place to stay for guys in there early 20s. Specifically an area with a good vibe and nightlife. I heard downtown denver is good place to research.

We plan on hiking, going to coors field, and Red Rocks amphitheater. Any other ideas for things to do would also be great!

Thanks!
      Nick

1 Answer Apr 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    • June Weekend Ideas Needed

by Prestonator Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I am going to Denver June 6-8 with my wife and 14-year-old. Essentially, our "free time" will be Friday evening and all day Saturday (before an evening flight). I recognize you can't begin to enjoy all Denver has to offer in such a short time. But if we can only catch 1 or 2 things while we are there, what should it/they be?

Thanks in advance...

3 Answers Apr 4, 2013 at 5:12 AM