Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Delhi

• Looking for Travel companion

by HeshamH Online Now Jul 3, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Looking for Travel companion

to Golden Triangle : Delhi-Agra - Jaipur with me during from 19/07/2016 to 26/07/2016

hesham.egy@gmail.com
      Hesham

4 Answers Jul 3, 2016 at 1:18 PM
    • oslocairo's Profile Photo

fast train from Jaipur/ timing question about how much one can see in ten days

by oslocairo Online Now Jun 5, 2016 at 10:21 PM

I found a fast train in the morning that leaves from Delhi at 6: 35 a.m. and arrives in Jaipur at 10:30 a.m. Is there one that leaves around 6:00 in the evening that takes about the same time to return to Delhi? I'm a little confused because I thought I saw an express train, but either it only leaves in the morning or the evening one has been discontinued.

Help!

Also, though I would like to visit the Amber fort, it appears it is not in Jaipur, but out a ways and would be a day trip in itself. I am particularly interested in the City Palace and especially the Chandra Mahal. In your opinion, is it still worth going to Jaipur without seeing the Amber Fort, bearing in mind that I will see most things in Delhi, Haridwar, and Agra?

OR, with my 10-day actual visiting time, do I forget Jaipur altogether as there would be enough to see in Delhi, Agra and Haridwar? Is there a beautifully decorated palace in Delhi like Chandra Mahal I can see instead?

Thanks,

6 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Purchase train ticket on internet or buy once I arrive in Delhi for day trip to Haridwar?

by oslocairo Online Now Jun 5, 2016 at 7:47 PM

I hesitate about purchasing tickets internationally online, and have heard that there can be problems and confusion with train ticket purchases in India. Am I better to wait until I get to India and then purchase, or will seats be taken? This would be for a day-trip to Hardiwar and back during the week.

Thanks

4 Answers Jul 11, 2016 at 9:24 AM

Varanasi or Haridwar? for a day trip from Delhi?

by oslocairo Online Now Jun 5, 2016 at 7:09 PM

I have heard the river is cleaner and the area is more beautiful in Haridwar. Since it is just a day trip, it is also that I can get to either as quick as I can. Which is better just for traveling to?

I have never been to India so either would be quite something for me.

Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 8:41 PM

clothing and foot gear

by oslocairo Online Now May 7, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Hi,

I will be in Delhi 9/22-10/2. I see it's hot, but the online weather prediction tables I've looked at show immense rain in September, but little in October. I'll be traveling on the cusp, so to speak. Any suggestions of what to wear? Light clothing of course, and I want to cover myself as I will be walking about most of the day. I will hydrate myself intermittently.

This will be vacation for me so casual is fine. I will bring a small umbrella. What about a rain poncho? What about just getting wet? I come from Southern California and have hear of "rain", and even seen it in films! :-) In all seriousness, in Los Angeles, 5 minutes after it rains, the sun appears and dries it out and you would never know it had rained. I suspect India has the more lingering kind. I've never been to a really humid climate.

What about foot wear? I want to bring comfortable walking shoes, but are they going to be too hot, and are they just not suitable for the rain? I'm not a big sandal fan since they are not normally reinforced and good for long distance walking.

I plan not to die walking about most of the day. I hope that will be the case, if I plan well.

Thanks!

11 Answers May 11, 2016 at 7:20 AM
    • Require to know Good Decent Hotels at Karol Bhag Delhi

by CAKEBO Online Now May 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM

We want to travel to Delhi n stay at Karol bhag, require to now some good decent hotels at Karol bhag centrally location not very far from airport ( 10-15 km ok ) and shopping area. Most importantly reasonable priced and may be with drop at Airport

kindly suggest ...

3 Answers May 11, 2016 at 12:26 AM

Day trip from Delhi to Jaipur

by oslocairo Online Now Apr 30, 2016 at 2:13 PM

Hello everyone,

Still deciding on day trips. Everyone approves of Udaipur, but suggests I stay several days. That is something I have to think about. I am sure it is worth it, but I would like to spend less time traveling between places and switching sleeping accommodations. I understand, as well that there is no night train from Udaipur to Delhi.

With that in mind, what do you all think of A day trip to Jaipur? Can I do that in a day? It is not as far. Are their night trains back and forth for Jaipur?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks again.

15 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Purchasing sleeper train 2nd class air con to Udaipur

by oslocairo Online Now Apr 26, 2016 at 11:07 PM

How long in advance should I buy a ticket? I am not visiting India until the last week in September.
      Do I buy online or at the station?
      Thanks.

8 Answers May 11, 2016 at 7:12 AM

Visit Udaipur via overnight train on a short trip to Delhi?

by oslocairo Online Now Apr 25, 2016 at 3:21 PM

I will have 9 maybe 9 and 1/2 sightseeing days in delhi.

I am staying at a cheap hostel.

There is probably enough to do in Delhi with regular side trips such as Agra, I imagine.

However, I have heard of people making a day trip to Udaipur by taking an overnight sleeper train.

I have never been to India so on the one hand, everything in Delhi will be special to me. On the other hand, I have heard Udaipur is manificent.

Is it too much to do to visit Udaipur on such a short trip? What does a sleeper cost aproximately?

Thanks.

12 Answers May 11, 2016 at 7:18 AM

Day trips from Delhi

by oslocairo Online Now Apr 25, 2016 at 10:01 AM

Hi!,

I am looking for day trips from Delhi.I will be in Delhi the last week in September and first week in October. I prefer to travel by train, but will take a bus when needed.

12 Answers Apr 27, 2016 at 10:21 AM
    • Sleeping at Delhi Int. Airport

by Britontour Online Now Mar 15, 2016 at 12:26 AM

Any facilities in the lounge?

2 Answers Mar 15, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    • Layover in Delhi

by Romain007z Online Now Feb 18, 2016 at 6:09 AM

Hello folks!

I'm going to Singapore in March. Looking at the flight possibilities I was thinking about one with a 13hour layover in Delhi (DEL Airport).

The flight would arrive at 10AM and leave at 11PM, on a Saturday (March the 19th)

I was hoping this would leave me enough time for a quick look at the Taj Mahal but it doesn't seem to be possible. Therefore I'd like to know if I'd have enough time to get into the city and have a look at some touristic spots.

Also, I'm French so I'd need to get a transit visa and go through the customs, which can be time consuming.

Looking forward to having your thoughts, Romain

6 Answers Feb 23, 2016 at 11:40 PM
    • jenmac0110's Profile Photo

Girl Guides in Northern India

by jenmac0110 Online Now Feb 14, 2016 at 4:25 AM

Hello all,

Later this year I am planning a trip to Northern India, taking in Delhi, Agra and Varanasi as well as visiting a charitable project in Dharamsala. Here in the UK I run a Brownie unit, the equivalent of an Indian Bulbul unit, for girls aged 7-9. I would love to be able to get in touch with a Bulbul unit in one of these areas, so that my girls can write letters to their Indian counterparts, and hopefully I can also visit the unit during my travels.

So does anyone have any contacts in the Girl Guides or Girl Scouts in Northern India? I've tried going through the 'Bharat Scouts & Guides' website to no avail. Many thanks to anyone who can help.

5 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 9:39 AM
    • Air India Domestic flight from Delhi T3

by globetrotter16 Online Now Dec 25, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Hi,
      My family is arriving at Delhi T3 International at around mid night . I have booked a domestic flight in Air India (AI 401) from T3 going to Kolkata next morning. Somebody told me that the domestic flight departs from International section and we have to go back again through the international departure and immigration to board the domestic flight. Can somebody please confirm ? I am trying to book few hours at Eaton hotel inside the airport, but want to find out the exact departure location for the Air India flight. Thanks.

4 Answers Dec 26, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    • Ankita08's Profile Photo

Katputli Colony

by Ankita08 Online Now Dec 9, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Where in Katputli Colony in Delhi ? is it a slum ?what is the history of this colony and the present situation of the art and culture of this colony

2 Answers Dec 10, 2015 at 2:29 PM
    • Car Rental Service in Delhi

by MonikaC6 Online Now Oct 1, 2015 at 12:59 AM

Hi Members,

I want a list for the car rental service providers in delhi, because i have to go for a trip to rajasthan on 7th Oct with family. Also, i need some reviews for Micar also, if anyone have taken their services for car on rent.

Little help will highly appriciated!!!
      Thank you

• Lay over at Delhi Airport

by bbd2050 Online Now Sep 23, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Hi Guys I'll be traveling to Delhi on mid November, So I have a long lay off of 11 hrs so I don't want to get out of airport. Do I have to go through immigration?, I am from Nepal and what can i do inside airport during my layoff period any ideas will be very helpful.

1 Answer Sep 23, 2015 at 9:14 AM
    • Nights out in Delhi

by kandola08 Online Now Jul 16, 2015 at 5:59 AM

Hello, myself and 2 friends are travelling to Delhi in October and will be staying delhi for 3 nights, thurs - fri - sat, we would like to know what clubs are good for a night out, if anyone can help me book vip as we are struggling? how safe is it? and what do we need to know before doing so? many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions :)

6 Answers Jul 23, 2015 at 1:58 AM
    • Layover and accommodation

by nalakath Online Now Jun 29, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I am planning to travel on 21st July with my family from Bahrain to Mangalore via Delhi. we will reach 21nd morning 10:10 AM and our flight to Mangalore will be at 8:00AM on 22nd (22 hours layouver) Flight is Airindia and i am Indian. How i will manage the overnight stay? is airindia will provide or i have to mange my own.

6 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 3:25 PM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Animal Shelters in Delhi

by AllieK Online Now Jun 23, 2015 at 4:51 AM

Hello all

I will be traveling to India in October and would like to spend 1-2 volunteering at animal shelters in Delhi (walking animals, cleaning, feeding, giving love etc)
      Does anyone have any ideas of places that will welcome foreigners to help out? Or just any shelters you have heard about in general?

I'm in the beginning stages of planning so out for all the advice I can get.

Thank you!

3 Answers Jul 19, 2015 at 4:36 AM
    • abhinavhere's Profile Photo

Delhi-Ladakh(India) on Motorbike 27th June-14th July 2015 join as Rider or come as Pillion.

by abhinavhere Online Now Jun 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM

I am planning a motorbike trip from Delhi to leh/ladakh from 27th June-14th July 2015.If anyone is interested to come with me as rider or sit as pillion(back Seat)is most welcome. It will be a 17Day trip wherein will explore the lakes, High mountain passes, Rivers, Temple,Monasteries and the beautiful landscape around the border areas in the ladakh region of North India. Will be pitching tents in isolation close to mother nature, stay with local family's etc. I have been to the ladakh before and know the terrain well. I Am completely sound with all safety measures to be taken into consideration during the ride to high altitude as I travel raw. Anyone who wants to explore the nomadic land in an adventurous manner can join on the fix dates.

Cheese
      India is beautiful
      Keep Exploring and stay blessed

2 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 2:33 PM
    • Trains, couple of questions

by Snailman83 Online Now May 5, 2015 at 7:12 AM

I've been looking into this and as my itinerary starts to take shape for an Delhi-Agra-Varanasi trip I still can't fully understand the train system so I have a few questions.

1. Is it absolutely necessary to book in advance, some sites say 90 days in advance which is difficult because I have yet to decide exactly when I'm going and if I do, the likelyhood is that I will be making the booking a month or less before I go. I'm also hoping to stay about a month keeping my schedule flexible so having prearranged train tickets gets in the way of that.

2.Will I really not be able to get seats if I wait to book once I'm there? I know and read of the quota for tourists but from the posts I've read it seems like such a lottery.

3. Trains! There are so many of them it's confusing. How do I choose the best one, are they all the same, is it down to which has the shortest travel time?

4. I will be flying in and departing from Delhi so my plan is to take a train from Delhi to Agra and either go back to Delhi for a few days then go to Varanasi or go straight to Varanasi from Agra after spending a few days there. Any suggestions on which would be better? I read somewhere all trains from Delhi pass through Agra anyway so there is no point in going back to Delhi before going to Varanasi from Agra.

One more thing about that is I'm also planning trips to Jaipur, Lucknow and Allahabad or some other places but I haven't decided yet, and what if I decide to stay longer in one place and have to change up when I'm there, will I have room to make changes once tickets are booked?

6 Answers May 7, 2015 at 12:10 AM
    • Help needed on Renting a Car from Delhi and tips on nice hotels to stay in Dalhousie & dharmshala

by hardiksh05 Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 2:38 AM

Hi all,

I am Travelling to the north for 10 days with my family next week. I will be flying to delhi and starting my trip from there to Amritsar -> Dalhousie -> Dharmshala -> Chandigarh -> Delhi.
      I need a car on rent from Delhi for 10 days, what is the nest way to do this? As i do not have any contacts in
      Delhi?
      Also Can anyone give suggestions on nice cozy hotels in dalhousie and dharmshala that are not very expensive but comfortable and descent to stay with Family.

Awaiting reply

Thanks.

4 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 7:58 PM
    • Ranthambore National Park in Travel Tips & Trip Ideas

by Balmikipandey Online Now Mar 9, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Hi All
      I planning to visit Ranthambore National Park in march. Share some information this park and some destination near about Ranthambore National Park.
      Thanks

3 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 4:46 PM
    • Backpackers Hostels near Chandni Chowk

by choongching Online Now Mar 5, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Hi guys,

I would like to find out if there's any backpackers hostels in Chandni Chowk (or very near to the area)?

I tried Hostelbookers, but the results are mostly far away (ie New Delhi district etc)

Can someone suggest me a few names here? If you don't mind.

Thanks Teo

8 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    • Delhi to Nawalgargh

by Moulay1979 Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 10:18 AM

What is the best way to travel from Delhi to Nawalgargh?
      What is the distance?
      How long those the trip take place?
      What does it cost?

4 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    • One Day trip to New Delhi

by saeri Online Now Jan 10, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Will reach in Delhi in morning at around 9 am and in night take another train for Dehradun at 11.20 pm. We want to cover the local tourist spot in Delhi during our 12 hrs. stay at capital. Please suggest on below

1) Any budget accommodation nearby New Delhi Railway station to keep our bags and fresh up
      2) Suggest local tourist spots in and around New Delhi Railway station which we can cover till 10 pm in evening

3) Also guide us for local transport we can avail for sightseeing (any package ?) and their likely fare.

4 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 11:15 PM
    • water purification

by meelickmusic Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 4:57 PM

do I need to bring a water purification system

12 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 2:34 AM
    • pleasehelp

by TrevorM15 Online Now Nov 23, 2014 at 2:15 AM

my domestic jet airways flight arrival at delhi terminal 3 . i have a train from the railways station. ca you tell me which is faster the metro or the taxi to reach the station

3 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Buying Train Tickets in Advance Outside of India

by soundchaseruk Online Now Oct 9, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I want to book train tickets from outside India. The official website asks me to register. The details I put in are not liked by the website and I cannot sign up. If I cannot sign up how can I book train tickets in advance?

The next question is do I actually need to book in advance? I am looking to book a train from Delhi to Agra at 0710hrs Saturday 18th October

17 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM