Travel Answers
Davao

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Anybody available to trek or travel in the Philippines with me?

Philippines Nov 23, 2016 at 8:45 AM

Anybody available to trek or travel in the Philippines with me?
      I am a Filipino and lives here and is willing to show anyone around. Looking for a travel buddy.

more
    • jirikoo's Profile Photo

from Manila to Donsol

Philippines Nov 14, 2016 at 11:34 PM

hi guys,

we are planning to hire a car and take a journey from Manila down to Donsol. Since we dont want to make it at one go, i am thinking of stopping by at various points of interests and staying 2 nights (in total) near them along the way. I plan to have one night at Taal volcano with the obvious trip to the crater and the other night somewhere half-way before reaching Donsol. I dont wish to stretch it, so that it means maximum around a 6-hour ride at a time.

Where would you make the other overnight stopover (with solid lodging options)? Im open to make overall 3 stopovers if it will make a sense.

As for the points of interests on the way, I was considering checking the Kamay ni Hesus Healing Church and passing through the hairpin road of Quezon National Forest. Anything else...maybe more intriguing?

thank you a lot for any input,

jirikoo

more
    • Looking to join group or hire tour for El Nido to Coron Tour

El Nido Nov 13, 2016 at 8:36 PM

My wife and I are traveling to El Nido on Nov 25 and are hoping to go on an island hopping tour sometime between Nov 26 and Dec 1. We're looking to put together a group to hire a private boat for a 3 - 5 day tour of the islands from El Nido to Coron.

Booking a group can reduce the price significantly! We'll be able to create our own tour but here is a sample of what we could see/do:

islandhoppinginthephilippine...

Let me know if you're interested!!!

more
    • BritR11's Profile Photo

Do they sell Glen 20 in the Philippines?

Philippines Nov 20, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I'm travelling to the Philippines in April, for the first time. I'm a bit of a hygiene freak, and I'm wondering if they sell Glen 20 in the Philippines? If not, am I allowed to take a spray can like Glen 20 in my luggage?

more
    • Surfing in January

Siargao Island Nov 16, 2016 at 11:13 AM

Hi,

I'm going to the Philippines in January and I was wondering about surf conditions. I know it's going to rain and it should be quite windy too, but would it be possible to get good conditions in the morning for example, followed by crappy ones in the afternoon? Also, would it be better to go towards the beginning or the end of the month?

Thanks!

more
    • shisha, hubbly bubbly , hookah

Manila Nov 13, 2016 at 6:33 PM

is there shisha or hookah places in manila and boracay ?

more
    • NEAR BEACH

Philippines Nov 25, 2016 at 10:22 PM

does anyone know what would be the nearest beach resort from San fernando pampanga or Angeles City, Thanks mates

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

How to get to Bataan from Manila ?

Bataan Nov 15, 2016 at 5:55 AM

Just trying to plan where to go for a few days from Manila and found a nice hotel in the bay of Bataan. It is not a beautiful place but looks quite varied and intesting, with some sandy bays around the penisular.

Once again I am unsure how do I get there from Manila ? How long would it take roughly ?

more
    • grant1313's Profile Photo

Where to spend 2 week

Philippines Nov 28, 2016 at 3:31 AM

my wife and I are planning a 2 week visit in April and are looking to have a relaxed break only visiting 2 or 3 places, one of which will be Manila as we flying in/out of there.(we will come back again so no need to rush and try to see everything).
      I have looked at a range of sites which present so many beautiful destinations that I am finding difficulty in identifying what would work best for us.In addition when I read a number of posts they present some places as being not quite as the brochures show (eg some of the posts below relating to Palawaan.
      We are interested in being on picturesque beaches, seeing some cultural and historic sights and possibly doing some snorkelling/diving.
      I would appreciate any thoughts from those who have visited or live in the Phillippines
      THanks

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Day trips From Manila

Manila Nov 14, 2016 at 4:28 AM

I will be staying in Manila for a few days and besides exploring Manila I was wondering what day trips I could do using public transport from there. Any suggestions ?

more
    • Sinosphere's Profile Photo

Is Palawan really a paradise island?

Palawan Nov 14, 2016 at 2:51 PM

Hello!

I'm planning to go to Philippines in winter and Palawan island sounds like a major spot in the archipelago and I want to go there. Nevertheless I'm wondering more and more if the island by itself is a nice place to enjoy the typical paradise-white-sand-tropical scenery.

Because when you find pictures about Palawan and more precisely about El Nido you have amazing captures of turquoise water days, black limestome, jungle, etc... But when you check on Google Maps (Google Street View, Amateur pictures, etc...) Palawan mainland beaches look a bit disappointing.

I know I can be picky and I've very high standards when it to beaches. Is there any amazing swimming/diving spot in Palawan mailand or should I go on one of the many surrounding islands such as Cadlao, Mantiloc, Miniloc or Tapiutan Islands directly? Are there very frequent boats to go from El Nido to those places?

Thank you in advance
      XXX

more
    • anybody from US comes to Boracay?

Boracay Island 18 hours ago

Does anybody from US comes to Boracay this christmas ?

more
    • Sinosphere's Profile Photo

Best national parks in the Philippines

Philippines Nov 13, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Hello!

I'm planning to go maybe in the Philippines in winter and I'd like to visit some national parks. Of course I already thought about the nature reserves in Palawan but apart from that I've not so much ideas about the most scenic and rich national parks and reserves.

- I'm planning to go in Luzon, Palawan and probably on Mindoro, Bohol and Cebu. (Mindanao looks great but I've heard very preoccupying things about the social/religious situation there...)

- I love rainforest, hiking, mountains, volcanoes, etc... Can you suggest me some some nice natural places to have this kind of environment in the islands mentionned above.

- I saw breathtaking pictures of Apo Reef Natural Park but I can't get any information about it... How can I go there. Does it worth it? Or should I better try to stop in Coron Island from Palawan? Is there ferry between Palawan and Coron for affordable prices?

Thank you in advance :)
      XXX

more

Near Davao

• How is the trip from Manila to Davao lately?

by MIreneD Online Now Sep 19, 2016 at 8:51 AM

Last post on the topic was years ago. Are the roads better now? When and where does the bus stop at certain points? I will be travelling with my 22 year old daughter, I am 51, we have been to other parts of the country but mostly by plane. Road trip seems like a good adventure. We want to travel by boat going back- pass by Cebu preferably. Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 22, 2016 at 5:58 AM
    • Rakiboom's Profile Photo

Kadayawan Festival 2016

by Rakiboom Online Now Aug 17, 2016 at 3:03 AM

Hi.. Anyone from Davao here?

Will be there from Aug 18 to 21 for the Kadayawan Festival, I saw the calendar of events from the City website http://www.davaocity.gov.ph/ and Im interested to see 3 events from their list:

1.(Aug19)Tribal Fluvial Parade, 2.(Aug20)Street Dancing and 3.(Aug21)Floral Float Parade which usually starts at 7am. unfortunately theres no night event on their list :( I just want to ask do they have night street party in Davao too? I mean same with Sinulog,Dinagyang and Masscara festival they have street party, concerts, music festival and stuffs from dusk till dawn.. I will stay in GV hotel (Poblacion District), any suggested good Pub/ Club in Davao? Thank you so much.

3 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 10:37 PM
    • Is it Safe in Davao City

by Scowhite96 Online Now Sep 26, 2015 at 8:10 AM

I was planing a trip to Davao in dec 2015 but in-light of the recent kidnappings im ot so sure now. is it safe to travel to Davao

2 Answers Sep 26, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    • hypertraveller's Profile Photo

Nice and Affordable Vacation House in Davao City?

by hypertraveller Online Now Apr 7, 2015 at 3:28 AM

Hi. I will be going to Davao City with my family and I'm looking for a vacation house. I found these two houses: flipkey.com/davao-vacation-r... and flipkey.com/davao-vacation-r.... House number 1 is very nice. It is in General Malvar Street near downtown but a little bit too expensive for my budget. House number 2 is in Nova Tierra and more in line on what I plan to spend.
      Is Nova Tierra a good area?? It seems to be close to both the beaches on Samal Island and the new malls and quite a peaceful place to stay, however it is a bit far from downtown.

8 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 8:07 AM
    • Travel mates wanted from Davao March 1-7, 2015 to share a van

by Marlenedamor_ Online Now Feb 7, 2015 at 10:21 AM

We are a group of 3 mature women arriving Davao at noon of March 1. We would like to share a van to Mangagoy, to Tinuy an Falls, Enchanted River, Britania group of islands from March 1-4, 2015, then back to Davao on March 4 to tour around Davao till March 7. Thank you very much.

9 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    • Davao beaches

by upqqv Online Now Oct 6, 2014 at 3:02 AM

In a long search of Davao I was unable to find a clean swimmable beach that is in the City.
      You have to go on Ferry to Sama and pay resort fees?

2 Answers Oct 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • travel in mindenou-for westerners mainly australians

by MervynW Online Now Sep 15, 2014 at 2:30 AM

since the rise of I.S.I.S. and the australinangovn willingness to help defeat the terrorists do you believe that the safety of myself in davao has increased????--thankyou

14 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 1:12 PM
    • FIFA World Cup

by davaodave Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Anyone know of a bar/restaurant/hotel that is showing the Live FIFA World Cup in Davao City

1 Answer Jun 21, 2014 at 8:24 PM
    • No Smoking

by davaodave Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I read a lot online about the No Smoking Policies now in Davao. Where is the nearest decent city town/city tp Davao that does not have these ridiculous policies. I will be staying there for 3 weeks and intend to travel in and out of Davao city every other day to finish some dental treatment.

3 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    • transportation davao city to general santos

by sci_mpc Online Now May 8, 2014 at 8:32 PM

how much the transportation davao city to general santos and how far

1 Answer May 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    • audspice's Profile Photo

Day Tour to Pearl Farm

by audspice Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Hi!
      Where can I book for a day tour to PF?

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM
    • Looking for Travel buddy

by damien22 Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM

If you are missing 1 person on your trip package, please count me in. Travel date Dec 11-15 2013
      Please msg me at 09435520376. thank you -Gio Bermudez

1 Answer Nov 27, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    • akosiaih's Profile Photo

crocodile belts

by akosiaih Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

how to buy online a crocodile belt here in manila?

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    • Online shopping in Davao / Aldevinco Shopping Center

by I-love-Davao Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I am looking for online contacts/addresses of the stores (shop owners) there concerning batik garments and ethnic products. Can anybody help me ?

Thanks in advance and have a good time in Davao !

• Harlyn's Profile Photo

To sasa pier

by Harlyn Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM

How to get to davao's sasa pier from davao international airport? What transport I am going to take? Please I need your reply guys..thanks.

4 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    • Exact direction

by rosemarieflores74 Online Now May 10, 2013 at 5:16 PM

How to get a roadtrip from Davao to Maranding?

1 Answer May 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    • boat rental

by serenestar Online Now Apr 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM

hello, i am thinking of renting small (2 person) boat while in davao, any ideas?

thank you

1 Answer Apr 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    • aquarius64's Profile Photo

van for hire

by aquarius64 Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Please I need recommendations for a van for hire with driver for a 2 day tour to popular tourist spots in Davao. Thank you.

5 Answers May 31, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    • risse73's Profile Photo

Mt. Apo Trek

by risse73 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Has anyone trekked Mt. Apo? If so, can you please share your experience, insight and perspective about this place and activity. Do you know the level of difficulty for this trek? Any guide/porter you can recommend?

Thank you in advance for your input!

5 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    • El Bajada Hotel

by al_z Online Now Mar 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Does anyone know the contact number of El Bajada Hotel?

Kindly post it here.

thanks

12 Answers Jul 13, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    • scarletf's Profile Photo

Pearl Farm

by scarletf Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Hello,

To those who had stayed in Pearl Farm or a resident of Davao, I need your opinion. We are planning to have an overnight stay there in July, 2012 and I have enumerated all my questions. Please see below:

1. Is it true that the staff will check your bags to make sure that there are no foods brought to the resort? As in everything out of your bag?
      2. How about water? Do they also prohibit guests to bring drinking water?
      3. Is is true also that the a la carte food is good for 2 to share?
      4. I heard that there are places were under renovation. Is it done already?
      5. We are planning to stay in one of the Samal Houses... which house has the perfect view?
      6. Lastly, how's the weather on Samal in July?

7 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM
    • Samal Island hopping

by yumburger Online Now Feb 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

how and where can i get an affordable Samal Island hopping trip? There's only 3 of us and I can't seem to find one online.

Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 11, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    • ambledorf's Profile Photo

5 days in Davao City

by ambledorf Online Now Dec 12, 2011 at 12:21 AM

My family will be in Davao from 26-30 Dec.

1. Any other option for day trip to a Samal Beach resort (other than Paradise) ? My requirements: accessible by public motorboat, decent facilities/ bathrooms, good food, not crowded and of course, clean beach and seawater.

2. Massage for the family. Clean and good massage, below P800 per person?

3. We plan to go to Crocodile Park, Museo Dabawenyo, Davao Ethnological Museum. Are there other places you can recommend?

4. Any food recommendations (not more than 300 per person)?

Thank you VTers!

1 Answer Dec 22, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    • Travel packages

by Jezangel Online Now Oct 21, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Hi guys! It will be our first time in davao on oct 28. Can anyone help is find a cheap travel package for 3days 2 nights good for 4 people?

Thanks much

3 Answers Oct 21, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    • Like to getting married

by harvey12345 Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I am coming there to get married from the US to a Davao residence what do i need paperwork wise to get a marriage license. Thanks for your reply.

1 Answer Oct 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    • Securing a Taxi for a trip to the airport

by whoseeboy Online Now Oct 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM

My friend, M's Chriza Montalbo, will need a taxi to take her to Philippine Airlines at the airport in Davao City, October 10,2011. She must be at the airport by 10.00AM for a flight departing at 12.10PM she lives in Digos City
      which I understand is about 2 hours from the airport. I will send via Western Union enough money for the taxi fare, plus P300.00 as a tip. I will also include P500.00, for M's Montalbo, so she will be able to pay the Terminal fee, of P200.00 and P300 for personal items.

PLEASE ADVISE ME ...Of a reputable taxi service in either Davao City or in Digos City that would be capable of getting her to the airport on time. I would like a mobile number, phone number and/or an e-mail address. M's Montalbo can be reached at ..0927-426-6563. Thank you for your prompt reply, Stewart Purdy

2 Answers Oct 4, 2011 at 5:17 PM
    • winzkie_d_pooh's Profile Photo

Tour

by winzkie_d_pooh Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 12:59 PM

1. How much is the estimated cost of taxi going to eden park from peoples park? or it is more appropriate if we hire an fx or van because we are in group consist of 6person?
      2. How to go to Zorb Park and Outland Adventure from Eden? and also the travel time?

Thanks in Advance!

1 Answer Sep 5, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    • ashley028's Profile Photo

What to do in davao?

by ashley028 Online Now Jun 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Me, my husband and his family going to visit davao on january 2012. what to do there? any tip/ advise? thank you! =)

6 Answers Jun 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    • Davao's What's, Where's and How's

by gentlestorm Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM

We will be visiting Davao around the 3rd week of March and is on the process of IT making. Just some questions:
      1. Would it be advisable to rent a van for the Davao City tour? If so, how much is the price range and inclusions?
      2. Is the Pearl Farm day tour still priced at 1500php? and is it worth it?
      3. What are the suggested to do's in Samal Island?

Would really really appreciate your help guys.

Thank you very much!! :)

3 Answers Mar 4, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    • xuelipie's Profile Photo

cheap hotel around marina going to pearl farm

by xuelipie Online Now Feb 25, 2011 at 9:23 AM

hello, i'm looking for a cheap hotel around marina just for an overnight.... because we will arrive around 9pm then leave at 8am the next day going to pearl farm... i hope someone can help me...

thank you..

1 Answer Mar 6, 2011 at 2:49 PM