VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Dauphin Island Travel Answers

change location

Tell me why?

by mgs8015 Online Now Aug 27, 2008 at 3:34 PM

I'm a mid-west person(St.Louis Mo.)who had planned on visiting Satellite Beach Florida again where my sister-i- law owns a condo right on the beach.Have been there several times which I guess makes it an easy destination since I know where everything(stores,restaurants etc).
This time a larger group of people that usual will be going which means driving instead of flying.Since it's approximately an 18hr. drive to Florida I stared looking for somewhere closer that we could go to relax and enjoy the beach with the kids.
Not being familiar with the gulf coast area which is a seven hour shorter drive to the beach.I checked out the more popular areas Gulfport etc.When I ran accross Dauphin Island Alabama.Would someone familiar with the area please tell me I'm not dreaming!Affordable housing on a beautiful white sand beach!!Is it too good to be true or is a best kept secret?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thank You

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines