VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Datca

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• accommodation advice

by turtle666 Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Hi there everyone.
      I am a single female traveller. I am planning to visit Datça this Friday and stay for 3-4 days. I am aware that this is now the low season for tourism and the hotel prices should decrease also. However I have noticed on several hotel booking websites that the hotel prices per night in Datça are still very high. However, I have experienced in other tourist hotels along the coast that the internet price is often waivered by the hotel staff and I have paid half to one-third of the quoted internet price.

I am not sure if this can also be done in Datça. Rather than booking a hotel room online, is it possible to ask the hotel managers in person (once I arrive in Datça) for a discount? If this is possible, can you please advise me on what discount percentage of the quoted internet price would be reasonable to ask for? For example, if a hotel in Datça is charging 80TL per night for a room, is it reasonable to ask for a discount of 50% or more?

Any advice will be most greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
      Christine

5 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    • Pensions

by clarefitzyg Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM

We prefer to stay in smaller hotels and pensions to experience the 'real Turkey'. Any recommendations around Datca? Thanks

2 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM