VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Dandong

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aussiejen's Profile Photo

Travel agent or book myself for domestic flights and river cruise?

China Dec 25, 2016 at 8:43 PM

We will be in Shanghai in early June 2017 and would like to do a Yangtze River cruise from Yichang to Chongqin then fly to Xian for a couple of days then fly back to Shanghai again. Is it feasible to book this myself or does this need to be done through a travel agent and be on a private tour?
      I figure we don't need a tour guide while on the cruise, but is it easy enough to get from end of cruise in Chongqin to airport with maybe a quick look around or trip to the zoo if I just organise a guide/driver myself?

more
    • npg's Profile Photo

Thank you and goodbye

Shanghai Jan 8, 2017 at 3:34 AM

Sad day being told that VT will be coming to a close! I hope I have been able to help travellers to Shanghai and other destinations. Happy and safe travels to you all and to all the VT staff.

more
    • Playschools in Dandong?

by tisselle Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Hello, I am thinking of moving to Dandong, where I was offered a job as an English teacher.
      As an American with a son who will be 3, I was wondering if there are any playschools. Basically, I'm looking for a caring environment where he can learn by having fun. Not your typical Chinese kindergarten, but a place with fewer than 4 kids per teacher, where they encourage creativity rather than conformity, and give the kids a lot of love. This can be a home-based, unofficial place. It doesn't have to be fancy - no need for foreign teachers, since he learns English with me. (We have lived in Guangzhou this past year and my son speaks Mandarin like a Chinese kid his age, as well as English and French.) It just needs to have caring, smart and creative people.
      Thanks for any leads you might have!
      Best,
      Kate
      tisselle@gmail.com

1 Answer Apr 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    • China - DPRK cutural art exhibition

by Stella852 Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 9:01 PM

May I know the exact address of the exhibition being held. Thanks

• hannah187's Profile Photo

Am looking for a Travel Agent in Dandong, please

by hannah187 Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM

My understanding is that going to North Korea through travel agents based in Dandong is the cheapest. Can someone please suggest me some travel agents contacts based in Dandong please?

Reagrds

1 Answer Mar 27, 2012 at 4:58 AM
    • uhnbom's Profile Photo

Ferry from Dandong to Incheon, South Korea

by uhnbom Online Now Dec 11, 2007 at 10:59 AM

Does anybody know from where the Dandong ferry to Incheon departs and where to by the tickets, preferably directly from the ferry company?
      My chinese is very limited so I don't expect to be able to ask (and understand the answer) just anybody on the street. I´m planning on taking this trip in april 2008 and I hope there´s no trouble getting a ticket during my 4 day stay in Dandong...

4 Answers Dec 15, 2007 at 5:53 AM