change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• PyaeSone's Profile Photo

Asking for contacts

Bangkok 4 hours ago

What's the contacts for 'Thai Noodles and Food' restaurants at Sunarnabhumi Aitport?
      Many Thanks
      Pyae Sone

more
    • jkb1's Profile Photo

Alcazar Show

Pattaya 18 hours ago

what is the best timing of Alcazar show?

more
    • jkb1's Profile Photo

Alcazar Show

Pattaya 18 hours ago

what is the best timing of Alcazar show?

more
    • whodunit's Profile Photo

6-days to play

Bangkok 22 hours ago

We're a ~40-ish couple, I've traveled a lot around the globe. I've never been outside of the airport in Thailand. We have 6 full days in Bangkok (maybe 5 1/2 since we arrive very late and need some rest after 3 flights from US). I've checked many of the major travel sites (TA, LP, T&L, VisitThailand, etc), the forums here, the itinerary page here, etc. I've found a few recommended must-do's: Ayutthya, Chatuchak Weekend Market, Grand Palace, reclining Buddha/Wat Pho, floating market, Chinatown, Patpong or Suan Luum Night Bazar, and we want to do a 1/2 day cooking school (I see a lot of recommendations on this too). Now it's time to start to put it all together - an itinerary with places to stay, transportation, etc. I want to come up with a general itinerary (even restaurants though we will work with HappyCow on this as we'll both be eating vegetarian). I saw "HOT! HOT! HOT! This was BANGKOK!" - Bangkok by balhannah and I'm even more inspired to plan this better than my previous trips to other places. The trip is about 10 days away (I booked just a few days ago). We love to have local experiences when/where possible rather than just tourist stuff but I realize our time is short in Bangkok. Our trip is in early October so I believe it's not bad as far as weather is concerned.

First, from the airport, do you recommend taxi, Uber, train?
      Next, what parts of the city should I look at for hotels? I will figure out the hotel from there as my searching is complex with various variables. However, I welcome recommendations.
      Is tuk tuk/train the best way to travel around the city?
      Day 1 (Thursday) should be something light and easy since we arrive at midnight the night before.
      Day 2 (Friday) - Buddha?
      Day 3 (Saturday) - weekend market?
      Day 4 (Sunday) - other weekend market (floating?)
      Day 5 (Monday) - cooking class +
      Day 6 (Tuesday) -
      Day 7 - go home :( ...to airport via Uber?

I know there's a lot here. I welcome any and all thoughts including a single tip all the way through suggested itineraries. I'm grateful for your time - thank you.

more
    • planning a trip to Thiland with my wife

Bangkok Sep 17, 2016 at 11:13 PM

We are into a trip to Bangkok , Pattaya as couple in late fourties into spicing up in life style .would like to know like wise couples .or the right bars clubs for couples with no restrictions . Any one to give us some advise.

more
    • 5th December festivity in Bangkok - Open?

Bangkok Sep 22, 2016 at 8:22 AM

Good evening,
      We are visiting Bangkok on 5th December that seems to be a festivity day in Bangkok. It would be our first time so we ara a bit lose. We are going to stay there only 3 days so could anybody tell us if temples and shopping centers are open on 5th December? If not, perhaps we have to change our planning bacause only 2 days....
      Thank you. Best regards.

more
    • Collect luggage - Visa required?

Bangkok Sep 13, 2016 at 12:27 PM

I will be travelling from Manila to Bangkok and at Bangkok Suvarnabhoomi airport, I need to take Qatar Airways to go to Bahrain. How can I collect my luggage and re-check-in. Do I need a visa and do I need to pay any tax.

more
    • CEP1863's Profile Photo

Transfer between BKK and DMK

Bangkok Sep 10, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Would I have enough time to transfer between airports if my flight into BKK lands at 05:45 and my flight out of DMK is at 10:50. I know that deplaning, the queues at immigration are a lottery as I have flown into BKK on numerous occasions, it is really the transfer that I need advice on as I've not done this part before.

Many thanks,

Clare

more
    • kkashyap's Profile Photo

Short Term Rental in Bangkok

Bangkok Aug 27, 2016 at 3:51 AM

Hello Friends

My wife and I are planning to go to Thailand in Nov 2016 for 2 months.
      I was looking at short term rentals and came across a range of rental quotes.
      We want a 2 BR condo or apartment in a locality with easy access to transportation
      We are not looking for deluxe cottages, but something clean & wholesome, with amenities
      In a complex called Metro Park, I saw a 2 BR unit for about 30,000 Bahts a month
      I dont know if the price is right or if Pasi-Jaroen District of Bangkok is Pricey
      What is a reasonable rent for 1-2 BR apartment, with Kitchen, Gym, WiFi, Laundry etc
      Which are some of the moderate sections of Bangkok that are well connected
      I prefer to live in areas that has local flavor but which offers all modern amenities
      Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help

Regards
      Krishna

more
    • fridz's Profile Photo

first time in Bangkok

Bangkok Sep 3, 2016 at 5:22 AM

Hi guys! Would like to ask for your help/suggestion... we'll be going to Bangkok this November 4days, any suggestions on places to visit and must see and also hotel? I heard the shopping area is in Pratunam....

I really appreciate any advice you can give. thank you!

more
    • KomalA's Profile Photo

Stay & Travel

Bangkok Aug 30, 2016 at 5:30 AM

Am going to Bangkok on 14th- 16th Nov with a group of 9 members. I will be visiting Grand Palace, China town, Chao Phraya River. Please suggest any other places that I could include.
      Also I would like to know suggestions for stay, either hotels or apartments and in which area please.

Thanks Guys.

more
    • DianIU's Profile Photo

Visiting Damnoen Saduak

by DianIU Online Now Aug 10, 2005 at 2:08 AM

Hi..

I'm a new member at Virtual Tourist..
      I have a plan to visit Bangkok & surrounding areas..

Is it easy to visit Damnoen Saduak by ourselves taking a bus instead of taking an organized tour?

I've heard that to go to Damnoen Saduak we can take Bus No. 78 from Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal.

Is there anyone who can help me giving the information about ticket price from Bangkok to Damnoen Saduak?

My plan is going to Damnoen Saduak early in the morning and at noon back to Bangkok to go to Chatuchak

Thanks a lot before

7 Answers May 12, 2007 at 10:35 PM
    • manfred68's Profile Photo

visit of the floatting market

by manfred68 Online Now Jul 30, 2004 at 12:29 AM

Hi, next week I gonna move from KL to Bangkok, buy bus,I guess that's the cheapest solution. From there I intend to spend a morning in Damnoen Saduak to see the floating market, sinceI was told this was the most beautiful, right? and also,since I'll be short on time I need to be back in Bkk in the afternoon.... manageable? I welcome any advises concerning how to get there, and also if there is any other sights around.. thanks guys

2 Answers Jul 31, 2004 at 11:02 PM