Dambulla

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sleeper bus/train to Tricomalee,ella&galle

Trincomalee Dec 3, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Hello! May I ask if there's any sleeper bus/train from Kandy to Trincomalee and from ella to galle?? Thanks

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Need help for itinerary for 12 days and transportation time

Sri Lanka Nov 25, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Day 1 I will be arriving late at 11pm. I plan to go Negombo (overnigh at Negombo)
      Day 2: Negombo morning by bus to Anuradhapura (overniight at Annuradhapura)
      Day 3: Anuradhapura afternoon by bus to Polonnaruwa (overnight at Polonnaruwa)
      Day 4: Polonnaruwa (overnight at Polonnaruwa)
      Day 5: Polonnaruwa by bus to Damublla (overnight at Damublla)
      Day 6: Sigiliya, Pidurangala Rock(overnight at Damublla)
      Day 7: Damublla by bus to Kandy (overnight at Kandy)
      Day 8: Kandy by train to Nuwara-Eliya old train station (overnight at 住Nuwara-Eliya)
      Day 9: Nuwara-Eliya (overnight at Nuwara-Eliya)
      Day 10: Nuwara-Eliya by bus to Delhousie (overnight at Delhousie)
      Day 11: early morning climb Adam's Peak, Delhousie by bus to Galle (overnight at Galle)
      Day 12: Galle afternoon by train to Colombo and then to Negombo (overnight at Negombo)
      Day 13: early morning flight

1. Is that arrangement workable? I can take out Adam's Peak so as to give way to a more reasonable itinerary instead of rushing.
      2. I notice that most people go Delhousie from Kandy. To fit into my friend's schedule as he will not do that, I will go from Nuwara-Eliya. Is there direct bus/transportation from Nuwara-Eliya to Delhousie?
      3. If I take out Adam's Peak, what place should I stay longer?
      4. Beside Days 8 & 12 that I am pretty sure to take train, for other days, is bus better than train?
      5. How frequent is the bus in Sri Lanka? If there is only one or two a day, is my plan feasible?
      Thank you.

more
    • Carrie197618's Profile Photo

Hotel recommendations??

Sri Lanka Nov 25, 2016 at 5:23 AM

Hi everyone,
      We are leaving on the 6 th next month and super excited
      Needed some advice on hotels
      Has anyone stayed in the Kala bongo lake resort or the oasis villa in Hikkaduwa??? They are both around 70 dollars for the night ( including breakfast) . If not, can someone recommend me another hotel around the same budget??
      In Kandy, we are planning to book villa 49 which has got good reviews in both booking and trip advisory. Has anyone stayed there before??
      Would be great to get some answers
      Thank you so much

more
    • va31045's Profile Photo

Child Friendly beaches in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Nov 21, 2016 at 3:20 AM

I will be traveling to Sri Lanka in January 2nd week. We are 2 couples with kids of about 3.5 years of age. Are the beaches safe to take the kids into (with us of course)? This means we will be playing a lot on the beach and wetting our knees in the sea. We wanted to stay either south or west coast as I believe the east coast may be rained out?

Any thoughts will be most useful.

more
    • December 2016 Holiday

Sri Lanka Nov 16, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Hi,

My partner and I are traveling around Sri Lanka for 2 weeks in December (16 December to 03 January) and we are SO excited, but very unfamiliar with the country. We need help with suggestions for accommodation that is both convenient, nice and not too expensive. We have looked online but want a more personal opinion / recommendations.

We are staying in the following places:
      1. Kandy (1 night)
      2. Sigiriya (1 night, after a day in Dambulla)
      3. Kandy (2 nights)
      4. Nuwara Eliya (2 nights)
      5. Ella (2 nights)
      6. Tangalle (3 nights)
      7. Unatawuna (3 nights, day trip to Galle)
      8. Bentota (3 nights)

We aren't sure how much time to dedicate to Ella and Nuwara Eliya, but at the moment those are our plans.

Any suggestions for decent accommodation in those cities would be much appreciated. And even suggestions for our itenerary.

Thanks so much. We are really looking forward to our holiday!

more
    • is there a dress code or anything we should not wear?

by Minoli Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Is there a dress code or are people allowed to wear shorts?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • anagarcia7's Profile Photo

Negombo to Dambulla

by anagarcia7 Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hi, I would like to know the best way to go from Negombo (airport) to Dambulla.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Bus from Dambulla to Kandy at night

by vijethbenegal Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Hi,

Does anybody know when does the last bus to Kandy leave from Dambulla?

3 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 5:10 AM
    • bus from dambulla to colombo fort

by mp.dk Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Is i possible to take a direct bus from Sigiriya or Dambulla to Colombo Fort station? I have tried to find a bus plan, but did not succeed. It looks as if we maybe can grab a bus passing through from Trincomalee ? If this is correct, what time, and how often do the bus stop in Dambulla and what is the driving time to Colombo approxemately ? (We are planning to travel to Bentota by train the same day). Hope someone can help with information

7 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    • cookb's Profile Photo

Day trip to Dambulla

by cookb Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM

What is the best way to do a day trip to Dambulla from Colombo? I will only be in the country for two days and want to spend a full day in Colombo. Is train + bus from a nearby station a good idea? Obviously, speed is a concern although I do not mind leaving Colombo early and returning in the evening. I will be there in March, if that makes a difference. Ideas and prices are much appreciated.

5 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    • Dambulla caves visit time

by gshegde Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM

How long it takes to go through all the 5 caves .is 2 hours sufficent.

4 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    • Accomodation

by chrish5177 Online Now Dec 18, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Can anyboby help us with good,clean guest house in Dambulla in february, and will we need to book a/c.
      Thank you

2 Answers Dec 18, 2007 at 7:46 PM
    • Travel to Dambulla & back

by SKMAL Online Now Sep 17, 2004 at 2:11 PM

A group of us are planning to visit Kandy and Dambulla. From Dambulla, is there a bus to Colombo – preferably AC Bus starting from Dambulla – as the transit buses are crowded and we cannot get seats. Alternatively, we could go to Dambulla first by AC Bus from Colombo and then from Dambulla travel to Kandy. Are there buses from Dambulla to Kandy - preferably AC Bus starting from Dambulla – as the transit buses are crowded and we cannot get seats. Any information on frequency of the above buses would be very useful.

5 Answers Sep 19, 2004 at 11:44 PM
    • Travel Time to Dambulla

by sona35 Online Now Jun 7, 2004 at 9:45 PM

I wanted to know the time it takes to travel to Dambulla from the International Airport. I have a baby and cant travel too long. So how many hours? Thanks!!

2 Answers Jul 1, 2004 at 5:31 AM