Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hvar public transport

Croatia Oct 21, 2016 at 2:32 AM

Does Hvar island operate public transport to explore the island? Info. welcome. Is motor scooter hire a viable alternative €/day. Travel mid May 2017. Thks.

• Best local currency exchange in Split

Croatia Oct 17, 2016 at 6:36 AM

I'm planning my first visit to Split, Croatia. Where's the best place for local currency exchange and for comparison purposes, what is the current exchange rate being offered for Kuna to the British pound. In UK, this about 8.3.
      Many thanks

Popular Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region Travel Answer Locations

• alisononthego's Profile Photo

Private boat from Gruz to Kolocep Island

Dubrovnik Sep 26, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Sorry.....another question re boat to Kolocep Island...... I think we would rather take a private boat as the ferry does not have enough sailings on Sundays.... would it be easy enough to get a private water taxi and any idea of the cost please?...... Thanks a million.....we arrive Saturday 1st Oct!!!

5 Answers Sep 27, 2016 at 10:41 AM

ferry to Kolocep Island

Otok Kolocep Sep 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM

How often does the ferry from Gruz go to Kolocep Island on Sundays please...?

2 Answers Sep 27, 2016 at 12:54 AM

boat/ferry to Kolocep Island from Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Sep 26, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Hello, please can anyone tell me where we get the boat for Kolocep Island,in Dubrovnik? Is it near the cruise port? I believe the hotel on the island has its own boat for residents and there is a separate one for foot passengers just visiting. I have found one ferry but it only seems to go four times each day...... is this the only one does anyone know please? Many thanks in advance

• Irina_Blyumina's Profile Photo

Where to buy fish and seafood

Dubrovnik Sep 7, 2016 at 6:37 AM

Hello. I'm in Dubrovnik now. I live in a room with a stove. When I booked it I expected to cook fresh fish and sea food but I don't understand where I can buy it. There is nothing in the nearest stores. May be there are local people who will explane me how to find this secret place. ;-)
      Thanks. Irina

5 Answers Sep 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM
    • Is there a Knitting Wool & Yarn Shop in Dubrovnik?

Dubrovnik Aug 27, 2016 at 3:04 AM

Is there a Knitting Wool & Yarn Shop in Dubrovnik?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2016 at 3:46 AM
    • Food shopping

Cavtat Aug 23, 2016 at 2:34 AM

Where is it possible to buy fresh fish in Cavtat?

1 Answer Aug 23, 2016 at 3:16 AM
    • From Dubrovnik to Skopje by bus

Dubrovnik Aug 20, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Is there a bus from Dubrovnik to Skopje during the day? I can't find it on the web... maybe there, on the bus station?

4 Answers Sep 9, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    • zebedee39's Profile Photo

Best place to exchange money

Dubrovnik Aug 17, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Hi, we're going to Dubrovnik in September I get the impression you get a better rate if you take £ and exchange for Kuna at a bank in Dubrovnik. Best rate I've seen here so far is 8 Kuna to the £. Any advice welcome!

1 Answer Aug 17, 2016 at 11:30 PM
    • One night only

Dubrovnik Aug 4, 2016 at 1:58 PM

Where should I stay for one night only - moderate budget September 6,2016

2 Answers Aug 6, 2016 at 3:20 PM

Overnight in Dubrovnik on cruise ship October 1st and 2nd

Dubrovnik Jul 31, 2016 at 8:47 AM

Hello, We have an overnight stopover in Dubrovnik on our cruise in October and we wanted to know if there is a bus service/shuttle from the cruise port to the old town. Also, where is Dubrovnik main town in relation to this please? Any suggestions as to other half day trips we could take that would be worthwhile please? We are meeting up with our daughter and boyfriend while we are there as they are staying on Kolocep island just off the mainland.

6 Answers Sep 21, 2016 at 5:28 AM
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any one want to meet for a meal or drink?

Dubrovnik Jul 21, 2016 at 5:43 PM

We will be in Dubrovnik from Monday afternoon, August 8 and leaving Thursday morning, August 11. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal.  Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

• Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar (and Kotor)

Dubrovnik Jun 26, 2016 at 12:10 PM

Friday next week (1/7) my friend and I want to be on the 08.00 bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar, and return with the bus at 17.40 the nest day. We would like to buy the tickets in advance, is that possible?

The day after we want to take the 15.30 bus to Kotor. Also there we would like to buy tickets in advance, since we then will be four people. Any suggestions?

If it is not possible to buy tickets in advance; do the buses get full?

Also, is it possible to store luggage at the bus station?

Thanks from Lena

2 Answers Jun 26, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    • exchange money

Cavtat Jun 25, 2016 at 7:51 AM

In my home country I can get 7 kuna for 1 euro. Next week I'm going to Cavtat. Is it better to change euro for this price, or can I change it locally in Cavtat for better price in the exchange offices (mjenacnica)? Thank you for your help!

2 Answers Jun 27, 2016 at 5:39 AM
    • Bus from Dubrovnik to Budva

Dubrovnik Jun 21, 2016 at 3:50 AM

What time at night do buses from Dubrovnik to Budva stop running ?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2016 at 6:24 AM
    • Dubroknik Airport yo Budva

Dubrovnik Jun 14, 2016 at 3:30 AM

Is there a direct bus from Dubrovnik Airport to Budva ?
      If so , is there an online timetable ?
      If not , what are the alternatives ?

2 Answers Jun 14, 2016 at 6:54 AM

Dubrovnik Jun 12, 2016 at 1:12 PM

I lost my weeding ring in the Hotel Argosy in Dubrovnik this morning. Its a simple golden ring of big size with the inscription inside "ROCIO SIEMPRE CONTIGO 5-7-2014". As you can imagine, it has an big sentimental value, so if you find it please contact with David 0034678797379. We offer a high reward for it. Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 13, 2016 at 4:24 AM
    • Parking in Lapad, Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Jun 6, 2016 at 5:50 PM

We have driven to our accommodation in the centre of Lapad, Dubrovnik and can only find expensive metre parking 10 kn an hour. We don't wish to use the car for 3/4 days can anyone suggest a cheaper place to leave the car? Thank you

2 Answers Jun 8, 2016 at 2:22 PM
    • BlueLlama's Profile Photo

May - crowds?

Dubrovnik May 24, 2016 at 2:00 AM

I'm in Montenegro (near kotor) for a week and considering a day in Dubrovnik. Having seen the streets of kotor choked with cruise ship passengers yesterday, am not so sure! I know Dubrovnik is renowned for getting extremely crowded, so my question is how bad is this likely to be at this time of year? Keen to go, and think this may be my best chance since it is the crowds that would put me off staying in the city itself, but now thinking staying local may be more enjoyable. Thank you!

11 Answers May 26, 2016 at 8:50 AM
    • Travel from Dubrovnik Croatia

Dubrovnik Apr 20, 2016 at 3:24 AM

What is the quickest way to get from Dubrovnik to Montpellier France? Any help gratefully appreciated

5 Answers Apr 21, 2016 at 3:27 AM
    • Early morning walk

Dubrovnik Apr 17, 2016 at 1:40 PM

I always like to take a walk just after sunrise around any place I visit. I'm particularly interested in finding somewhere with a view over the whole city. I understand you get such views from the walls; however, access to the walls is not available until 8am.

Any suggestions?

2 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 9:22 PM
    • Travelling in Crotia

Dubrovnik Apr 14, 2016 at 12:35 PM

What is the best and safe mode of transport in Crotia.
      Is it safe for women travellers to travel in group of 4.
      What is safety meassures.

7 Answers Apr 16, 2016 at 6:21 AM
    • Is tap water safe to drink

Dubrovnik Mar 4, 2016 at 2:45 AM

Is the water safe to drink? If not is bottled water readily available and cheap?

4 Answers Mar 4, 2016 at 7:50 AM
    • Places closeby dubronvik

Dubrovnik Mar 3, 2016 at 7:47 AM

Hello folks,I am visiting dubronvic in May-June for a week with family. I don't want to go places like zadar or zagreb as they are far from the dubronvic. Please suggest me nearby places where I can visit with family like one day excursion etc..

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    • Cycling and bike hire

Mlini Jan 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Are there any good cycle paths from Mlini to Dubrovnik and is it easy? I do ride a bike but nothing too strenuous! I assume bike hire is available. Thanbks

1 Answer Feb 4, 2016 at 3:47 PM
    • titotherio's Profile Photo

car rental company

Dubrovnik Jan 21, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Hi guys,
      any recommendations on a good, reliable car rental company in Dubrovnik? Just for a one-day rental?

1 Answer Jan 22, 2016 at 1:30 AM
    • lenght of stay

Dubrovnik Jan 17, 2016 at 9:43 AM

we are flying to Dubrovnik for 10 days in July. Should we split you holiday and stay in some other area reachable by bus?

4 Answers Jan 18, 2016 at 1:44 AM

What's the best way to get from Dubrovnik Airport to Ploce/Lapad

Dubrovnik Jan 10, 2016 at 6:05 AM

Looking at apartments in Ploce and Lapad and wondering which is easier to reach from the airport - we won't have a car. Alternatively is it worth spending the extra money and getting a private transfer? Thanks.

4 Answers Jan 10, 2016 at 2:31 PM

Dubrovnik Jan 9, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Hi I'm off to Dubrovnik in September and a bit confused about the best place to stay. Is it best to stay in the Old Town or is Ploce/Lapad a better choice? Any recommendations appreciated - need a 2 bedroom apartment preferably. Thanks :)

5 Answers Feb 27, 2016 at 3:54 PM
    • Ian28's Profile Photo

Courtyard and Fountain to the left of Pile Gate outside the walls.

Dubrovnik Nov 24, 2015 at 10:33 PM

There is a beautiful fountain in a courtyard to the left of the Pile Gate bridge before you enter the old town on the outside of the walls. It can be accessed either from steps before you cross the bridge or from an archway halfway down the steps once you have passed through Pile Gate. Nowhere can I find any reference to this fountain or courtyard and cannot even find a picture of it . Can anyone tell me what it's name is and whether it has any historical significance.

9 Answers Nov 25, 2015 at 5:48 AM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

in winter..

Dubrovnik Oct 13, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Do many of the museums and visitable summer palaces close out of season? From when exactly?Also, is early November a nicer time to visit than early December (with the olive harvest?), more reliable weather etc.
      Thanks for any replies,

3 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 5:32 PM