VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Cuenca

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TravelingSue's Profile Photo

transfer from cruise terminal to hotel

Barcelona Feb 1, 2017 at 6:51 AM

A friend and I are coming to Barcelona and needing to get transportation from cruise terminal to hotel. I need to know of any transfer companies in Barcelona and also any recommendations for nice but not too expensive hotels that are centrally located. Also will be in Barcelona for 3 days, so would like recommendations for shopping. Thanks for the info.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Travelling for two days - itinerary help

Majorca Island Feb 1, 2017 at 7:48 AM

I am on a 3 day trip to Spain spending day 1 in Barcelona then flying to Palma. I will also rent a car to travel around. Can you please help me with places that I can choose - how to split my 2 days?

more
    • bergensanne's Profile Photo

Nice area to stay in?

Minorca Island Feb 16, 2017 at 2:59 PM

Hello fellow travellers!
      We're a family of four going to Menorca for a week in July - we've never been before and would appreciate advice on where to look for accommodation. We're looking for a quiet village/town by the sea - away from any big resorts. Any good suggestions? We found a lovely flat in Cala Morell, but we can't quite figure out if there are any restaurants/grocery shops at all, or if it's all residential. The kids are 14 and 17 so might be nice for them if it's not completely deserted :) We'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Best wishes from Anne :)

more
    • Day trip to Cuenca from Madrid

by Golpe Online Now Nov 18, 2014 at 12:31 AM

We will be in Madrid in May and would like to do a day trip to Cuenca using public transportation. What would be our options?
      Thank you.

7 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM
    • Train Trip Valencia to Cuenca

by JPlayfair Online Now Mar 29, 2014 at 8:56 PM

How do I find a train timetable from Valencia to Cuenca. I have looked at Renfe but I cannot get a timetable to come up for the 10.6.14 so as to be able to look at the times and dates

6 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    • rtpana's Profile Photo

Transportation between Cuenca and Alarcon

by rtpana Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Is there a bus or train between Cuenca and Alarcon? Thank you. Ana

1 Answer Nov 7, 2013 at 3:25 AM
    • transportation in spain

by f1alsososenna Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM

we're going to be in spain and land in madrid on 6oct we want to see the museum and a few other things in mad, then we want to go to cuenca and a few other cities before ending up in BCN for 3 days and returning home on 13th am. Weve been to spain before and are familiar with the trains..can u recommend any cities that we can go visit that might be along the way of our trip. we've been to cadiz, algerias, and seville.
      what aout toledo

1 Answer Aug 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • Bus from Madrid to Cuenca

by trissy Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I know that the bus company is Auto.res
      where do they leave Madrid?
      is it the bus station Estacion Sur de autobuses?
      thank you

2 Answers Nov 23, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    • MAUIRADISE's Profile Photo

TRANSPORTATION TO CUENCA

by MAUIRADISE Online Now Oct 14, 2009 at 10:55 PM

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET TO CUENCA FROM MADRID IN MARCH, 2010? THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO.

2 Answers Oct 15, 2009 at 6:43 AM
    • ...La ciudad Encantada...

by susiekanderson Online Now Mar 21, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Hi!
      I am living in Aranjuez.. without a car... and i was wondering if anyone knows whether I can catch a bus from Cuenca to this "La ciudad Encatada"... so that i can go for a hike around and enjoy the nature...
      thanks for you time...

3 Answers Mar 21, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    • lodging on Sept 20

by haloimages Online Now Mar 3, 2008 at 4:33 AM

Help, please. I cannot find accommodations on Thursday, September 20 for 2 adults and our 16 year old son. Any ideas? We will not have a car.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 3, 2008 at 9:26 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Transportation to Cuenca and after arriving there

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 6:21 PM

In my earlier post I overlooked checking the VT page for Cuenca first, and noticed there was a bus. Couple of questions:

- Is the bus still available?

- Once the bus, or train arrives in Cuenca, is it easy to find a taxi into the Parador?

- Everyone states it's very safe - I will be traveling by myself this time - so will Wonder Woman without special powers be OK there walking thru streets?

- Is it a little busier during the weekends?

Nomad

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

Transportation after 17 May

by nomad7890 Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 5:52 PM

I am trying to find transportation from Madrid to Cuenca in mid-June, however the Renfe site only shows availability thru mid-May.

Any idea if the new schedule is just pending?

Is there a way to reach the Parador and Hanging Houses by bus?

Nomad

1 Answer Apr 22, 2007 at 1:17 PM
    • help please!!

by bootsyxx Online Now Mar 19, 2006 at 10:15 AM

I am travelling to cuenca from malaga, and I'm not sure how to go about it. I have thought about taking a plane to Madrid from malaga, and then get a bus or train to cuenca. is this the best way to do it, or does anyone else have any other ideas????? I could really do with a little help on this one!! thanks xx