Cuba

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• trip to Havana

Cayo Coco Jul 15, 2016 at 2:13 AM

Is there anyone else looking to drive to Havana from Cayo Coco between 27th sept 2016 and 7th Oct 2016
      email me if you would like to share transportaion
      Mazinka@op.pl

more
    • married to cuban

Cuba Jul 8, 2016 at 1:12 PM

bello everybody. I got married to a cuban in greece with all the legal documenta in greece. my husband already left to cuba and I have a one way ticket because we are not sure for the excact date. On the website of the airline was saying clearly that check-in will be denied if there is no return ticket. will it be a problem?

more
    • amazonaNne's Profile Photo

Handicap / Wheelchair

Cuba Jul 7, 2016 at 4:18 AM

Hey everybody,

my mother has a dream: She would love to visit Havanna/ Cuba. The tricky part is, she is very sick and her handicap ties her to a wheelchair.
      A nurse and myself would accompany her, but I am actually concerned, that Havanna might be full of steep stairs... Also I was told that it is quite difficult to find barrierfree hotels and restaurants.
      If anyone could offer some information, insights or links I would be thrilled!! We are not in a hurry, but I expect the planning will take a bit longer than usual...

Thanx in advance, happy travels and cheers from Berlin!

more
    • trip to Havana

Cayo Coco Jul 15, 2016 at 2:13 AM

Is there anyone else looking to drive to Havana from Cayo Coco between 27th sept 2016 and 7th Oct 2016
      email me if you would like to share transportaion
      Mazinka@op.pl

1 Answer Jul 15, 2016 at 2:21 PM
    • married to cuban

Cuba Jul 8, 2016 at 1:12 PM

bello everybody. I got married to a cuban in greece with all the legal documenta in greece. my husband already left to cuba and I have a one way ticket because we are not sure for the excact date. On the website of the airline was saying clearly that check-in will be denied if there is no return ticket. will it be a problem?

13 Answers Jul 12, 2016 at 1:22 AM
    • amazonaNne's Profile Photo

Handicap / Wheelchair

Cuba Jul 7, 2016 at 4:18 AM

Hey everybody,

my mother has a dream: She would love to visit Havanna/ Cuba. The tricky part is, she is very sick and her handicap ties her to a wheelchair.
      A nurse and myself would accompany her, but I am actually concerned, that Havanna might be full of steep stairs... Also I was told that it is quite difficult to find barrierfree hotels and restaurants.
      If anyone could offer some information, insights or links I would be thrilled!! We are not in a hurry, but I expect the planning will take a bit longer than usual...

Thanx in advance, happy travels and cheers from Berlin!

13 Answers Jul 8, 2016 at 3:23 AM
    • Can I purchase a Cuba Visa in the USA prior to departure?

Cuba Jun 22, 2016 at 11:29 AM

We found a good flight to Havana from MIA and also from JFK. Is it possible to advance purchase our Cuban Visas at either airport and where is the location to do so? Or do we have to force a layover to purchase our visas from a foreign country? Thank you in advance for your advice. I am havng a hard time finding a direct answer to this question online. 

6 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 7:46 PM
    • Bicycle hire

Cuba Jun 20, 2016 at 5:52 AM

Is it possible to hire decent (with 7+ gears) in Cuba? ansd if so where are the main hire places? We are travelling next Spring & could take our own bikes if hiring is difficult.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 6:38 AM
    • Weather in Cuba

Cuba Jun 18, 2016 at 7:49 AM

Could somebody tell me what the weather is like late August please?

Many thanks

5 Answers Jun 18, 2016 at 5:45 PM
    • First time out of Europe - Itinerary and day to day advice please!

Cuba Jun 6, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Hi,

I am travelling to Cuba with my girlfriend in a few days and as I said in the title, this is our first time travelling outside of the usual vanilla European countries.

This is a post looking for both general and specific advice.

Specifically: We are staying in Vedado, Habana. We arrive on Sat the 11/06 and leave on Wed 29/06.

We have 2 weekends with which to travel the Island, what would you recommend for these 2 weekends?
      i) What transport would you use to do it?
      ii) How would you arrange accommodation?

How would you spend your evenings in Habana and what must see/experience spots are there in the immediate vicinity?
      i) Are there any worthwhile beaches in and around Habana?

What is the best way to communicate with the UK/Europe?
      Generally: What do you feel everyone should know/understand/be cautious of before travelling to Cuba/Habana? Is there anything/where you would avoid?

As you can tell I am a complete novice with regards to Cuba and travelling in general so huge thanks to anyone who can help me out with some advice :).

Jack

5 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 7:38 AM
    • booking flight from Cancun in advance?

Cuba May 30, 2016 at 1:56 AM

I am heading to Cancun and then Cuba this July 11-29.....is it best to book my flight from Cancun to Havana ahead of time or a couple of days/day of I plan to head to Cuba?

2 Answers May 30, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    • boltonian's Profile Photo

Varadero day trip to Havana

Cuba May 23, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Hi. Bit confused. Been quoted 140 ccp for a day trip to Havana for 3 people. I see the average taxi price one way is 90 ccp so how can this price be right?

2 Answers May 24, 2016 at 6:10 AM
    • Taxi cost in Varadero

Varadero May 15, 2016 at 6:45 AM

Please can you tell me how much the taxi fare will be from Iberostar Varadero to Memories Varadero Hotel?

2 Answers May 15, 2016 at 4:09 PM
    • Food in All Inclusives

Cuba May 8, 2016 at 3:15 AM

What are the best 4 star all inclusives in Varadero for food? I hate fried western food, need light healthy food options

4 Answers May 9, 2016 at 4:40 AM
    • seaborne's Profile Photo

Barcelo Solymar for older people?

Varadero Apr 19, 2016 at 1:36 PM

We decided on this hotel because of the excellent location of this hotel. I realize that is probably more suited for the younger generation, who like to party, and that is ok with us. However, I would like some advice on the location of the quieter rooms. We like to stay in the main building and are interested in the oceanview rooms; or should we ask maybe for a room facing the road? Any input would be appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 19, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    • GPS Devices

Cuba Apr 16, 2016 at 2:53 PM

I understand GPS devices are not allowed in Cuba...
      Has anyone had any problems bringing in their mobile devices, i.e. cell phones?

6 Answers May 20, 2016 at 2:06 PM
    • Milk and Dairy Products, Fruits and Vegetables

Cuba Apr 16, 2016 at 2:49 PM

We're on a tour and staying at the Hotel Nacional de Cuba...
      Is it safe to eat/drink dairy products at the hotel?
      What about fresh salads, fruit and juice?

Any help would be great!

Thank you!

3 Answers Apr 18, 2016 at 1:44 AM
    • Doug1943's Profile Photo

Education in Cuba

Cuba Apr 14, 2016 at 12:31 AM

This is an unlikely question, but I'll ask it anyway.

I am going to Cuba for a month this autumn, and would like to meet other Mathematics teachers, or people in the schools of education who train Mathematics teachers.

If anyone has any suggestions for how I might do this -- whom to contact -- I would be grateful.

• Exchange US$ or Can$?

Cuba Apr 11, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Hi,
      We are going to Cuba in May.
      Is the CUC exchange rate better for US$ or Can$? I realize there's a 10% fee for US$.

Thank you!

7 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM
    • cuba trip in summer

Cuba Apr 9, 2016 at 4:52 PM

My family wants to travel to Cuba in early to mid July, purely for leisure. Is this possible? What process would we have to go through to do this?

17 Answers May 20, 2016 at 11:30 AM
    • Best Party and Cheap Flight and Hotel Packages

Varadero Apr 6, 2016 at 4:27 PM

I am 19 and my girlfriend is 20. what is the best place to go with a vibrant atmosphere for a decent price.

2 Answers May 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    • Where to stay and get a more authentic (safe) Cuban experience.

Cuba Apr 6, 2016 at 9:06 AM

We are a family of 4, with teens ages, 14 & 16. We have travelled to Cuba 2x, and stayed at the Playa Pesquero in Holguin. We rented mopeds and took a trip into Guardalavaca and really enjoyed exploring. We are looking for places to stay, aside from resorts, maybe a home, a farm, or smaller hotel. We like to explore natural reserves, jungle, markets, beaches, animal sanctuaries, waterfalls and like a little (safe) adventure. We don't mind moving around a bit as far as accommodations. We appreciate any suggestions or feedback from anyone willing to share! Thank you in advance.

4 Answers May 12, 2016 at 3:20 PM
    • Car hire Cayo Coco to Havana Trinidad Vinales Bay of Pigs

Cayo Coco Mar 20, 2016 at 5:41 AM

Hi
      Travelling to Cayo coco with my wife and 15 months son to Sol Cayo Coco fro 2 weeks and wondering if anyone did car hire in Cayo coco or nearby . We are planning to drive to Havana Vinales Bay of Pigs vis National Park, Trindad and back to hotel ,with each night stayed in different place and booked casa particular . I would like to know if anyone did similar trip how much is car hire for 5 days where to booked from hotel online or other towns? Can't find flights to havana anymore , seems like ther isn't many flights in a week if any.... :) help much appreciated. Thank you in advance !!!!

3 Answers Apr 16, 2016 at 12:43 AM
    • Excursions

Cayo Coco Mar 17, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Hi,

We are looking at visiting in May 2016 but are getting conflicting information as to whether it is possible to visit Havana. Would you be able to shed any light on this please?

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 1:10 PM
    • travel to Cuba in July

Cuba Mar 14, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Hi has anyone been to Cuba in July ?is there a risk of hurricanes ?also what's the cheapest way of getting to Cuba from USA

11 Answers Mar 28, 2016 at 3:07 AM
    • Getting home

Cuba Mar 4, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Is there still a question on the US customs declaration form asking if you have visited other countries while in Mexico, e.g. Cuba? How do you handle that?

4 Answers Mar 18, 2016 at 7:52 PM
    • Arranging group transportation

Cuba Mar 1, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hello! I will be in Cuba with a group on a sailboat and need to arrange group transportation for us for a few activities, specifically within Cienfuegos to the Guanaroca Lagoon and to some local beaches, and then a longer trip from Havana to Bay of Pigs. I am having a hard time finding information online and was wondering if this was the sort of thing I could just arrange once we arrive at the dock, or if it something I should have sorted before we arrive? Also, are there large taxi-vans that can fit 8-12 people, or would we likely have to just use regular taxis and take several? Any information that could be provided would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

7 Answers Mar 2, 2016 at 3:36 PM
    • colares's Profile Photo

What money?

Cuba Feb 28, 2016 at 4:49 AM

We will go to Cuba in 2 weeks. What is the best currency to take? Euros or USDollars? What about using a credit card in restaurants and/or to withdraw cash at ATMs?
      Thanks for your help!

5 Answers Mar 4, 2016 at 7:53 PM
    • Exchanging money in Cuba

Cuba Feb 17, 2016 at 7:28 AM

We are US citizens, currently in Mexico. We'll be going to Cuba tomorrow, but have conflicting information on . exchanging money. We have Mex pesos. Simple question. Can we exchange them for Cuban currency (CUC)?

4 Answers Feb 18, 2016 at 9:51 AM
    • naanske's Profile Photo

base ball game

Varadero Feb 7, 2016 at 2:30 PM

We are staying in a Varadero hotel and we want to see a base ball game in Varadero on a saturday night. Is it possible to take a taxi to bring us to the game and afterwards bring us back to the hotel? What is the price for the rides? Where can we find a taxi? In the hotel area? thanks

7 Answers Feb 15, 2016 at 2:26 PM
    • Theater, baseball, danze and shows in august in La Habana

Cuba Feb 7, 2016 at 2:49 AM

Hi, I want to know if there are theatre, dance, and concerts shows in august in habana and if it is possible to go for tourist, also if is possible to book in advance in the main ones.
      I´m NOT talking about women with fruit in the head dancing in hotels, I mean normal theater even far from center and if they are in bad conditions.

Algo if there area baseball games in august. Thank you very much

2 Answers Feb 7, 2016 at 7:10 AM
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

trip report

Cuba Feb 4, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Did anyone travel to Cuba with go ahead tours?

6 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 11:43 AM
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

Independent travel in Cuba

Cuba Feb 1, 2016 at 4:51 AM

We are an older couple, who have travelled independently in several countries over the years, but we do NOT speak Spanish, and was wondering if we are likely to have much trouble trying to travel independently in Cuba.

25 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 2:35 PM