Cuba

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Places to stay

Camagüey Yesterday

Hotels are booked. Are there any other places to stay?

more
    • dsgw25's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Cuba Nov 11, 2016 at 7:11 AM

I will be travelling to Cuba for 9 days with 5 other girls the 3rd week in February. I would love to get some feedback/suggestions about our trip. We are planning on maybe renting a place through Air BnB since there are 6 of us but am not sure what area of Havana? We love the nightlife, street dancing, jazz clubs, good food. We also want to stay one other area for 2-3 nights but am not sure what city?

more
    • Strad's Profile Photo

Booking with National Hotel de cuba

Havana Nov 29, 2016 at 7:18 AM

Do we have any locals there to help this?

We would like to stay the famous National Hotel de Cuba for a couple of nights in the Beginning of February, however the quotes was 936.00 CUC! ((964.08 EUR)! Personal friends who had spent nights there saying it shouldn't be that expensive, they paid around $100-$150 USD/per night.

There are saying that if one shows up there in person to the hotel's counter directly, one maybe can get a better rate.

Can someone verify this for us? Really appreciate this!

Strad

more
    • Strad's Profile Photo

From Havana to Santiago de Cuba

Santiago de Cuba Nov 26, 2016 at 7:13 AM

What is the public traveling methods do we have options for?

Thank you!

Strad

more
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Transport from Varadero to Havana

Cuba Nov 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Will be traveling to Varadero and staying in a resort there for 8 days. Now I want to include trip to Havana with overnight stay. How easy and convenient is the trip to Havana, and do I use bus or train?

Any info apriciated. Leaving day after tomorrow
      Many thanks

more
    • dsgw25's Profile Photo

What City to spend 2 nights in besides Havana?

Cuba Nov 14, 2016 at 2:39 PM

We are spending 6 nights in Havana and would like to spend 2 nights at another location. Does anyone have any good suggestions? We prefer and area that has a busier night life.

more
    • Strad's Profile Photo

How do I explain to the U.S. Customes upon returning from Cuba Nowadays?

Cuba Nov 26, 2016 at 8:44 AM

U. S. Citizenship, I am planning to go to Cuba, flying out of JFK for a 10-day trip touring in Cuba.

Thank you!

Strad

more
    • Places to stay

Camagüey Yesterday

Hotels are booked. Are there any other places to stay?

1 Answer 14 hours ago
    • Strad's Profile Photo

Booking with National Hotel de cuba

Havana Nov 29, 2016 at 7:18 AM

Do we have any locals there to help this?

We would like to stay the famous National Hotel de Cuba for a couple of nights in the Beginning of February, however the quotes was 936.00 CUC! ((964.08 EUR)! Personal friends who had spent nights there saying it shouldn't be that expensive, they paid around $100-$150 USD/per night.

There are saying that if one shows up there in person to the hotel's counter directly, one maybe can get a better rate.

Can someone verify this for us? Really appreciate this!

Strad

4 Answers Nov 30, 2016 at 2:37 AM
    • Strad's Profile Photo

How do I explain to the U.S. Customes upon returning from Cuba Nowadays?

Cuba Nov 26, 2016 at 8:44 AM

U. S. Citizenship, I am planning to go to Cuba, flying out of JFK for a 10-day trip touring in Cuba.

Thank you!

Strad

14 Answers Dec 1, 2016 at 7:31 AM
    • Strad's Profile Photo

From Havana to Santiago de Cuba

Santiago de Cuba Nov 26, 2016 at 7:13 AM

What is the public traveling methods do we have options for?

Thank you!

Strad

4 Answers Nov 26, 2016 at 11:19 AM
    • dsgw25's Profile Photo

What City to spend 2 nights in besides Havana?

Cuba Nov 14, 2016 at 2:39 PM

We are spending 6 nights in Havana and would like to spend 2 nights at another location. Does anyone have any good suggestions? We prefer and area that has a busier night life.

8 Answers Nov 15, 2016 at 11:51 AM
    • dsgw25's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Cuba Nov 11, 2016 at 7:11 AM

I will be travelling to Cuba for 9 days with 5 other girls the 3rd week in February. I would love to get some feedback/suggestions about our trip. We are planning on maybe renting a place through Air BnB since there are 6 of us but am not sure what area of Havana? We love the nightlife, street dancing, jazz clubs, good food. We also want to stay one other area for 2-3 nights but am not sure what city?

2 Answers Nov 25, 2016 at 6:22 AM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Transport from Varadero to Havana

Cuba Nov 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Will be traveling to Varadero and staying in a resort there for 8 days. Now I want to include trip to Havana with overnight stay. How easy and convenient is the trip to Havana, and do I use bus or train?

Any info apriciated. Leaving day after tomorrow
      Many thanks

4 Answers Nov 5, 2016 at 7:23 PM
    • Havana Flea Market

Havana Oct 31, 2016 at 11:27 AM

Hi, what days of the week is the flea market open in Havana? Going to Cuba (Varadero) this December & planning a day trip to Havana but trying to work out the best day to go. Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Oct 31, 2016 at 7:03 PM
    • Recommendations - day trip POI's in Zapata Peninsula & Topes de Callantes?

Cuba Oct 25, 2016 at 11:35 PM

Will be staying near at Casa Particulares in Playa Larga next to Zapata Pen. & in Trinidad near Topes.

Was wondering if anyone can recommend great POI's that u particularly enjoyed (or didn't enjoy) in those two areas and preferable access / tour methods.

I am a backpacker type but don't desire to back back in those areas.

Day horseback ride, hiking, jeep or boat tour etc is what I had in mind.

Anyone have some particular fav recommendations or advice in these two areas?

Thnx,

db

• Where to stay in Havana for 3 days

Havana Oct 24, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Hello VT! I'm visiting Havana for 3 days next month and am looking to stay in old town Havana. My budget is not to exceed $40 / night and should be a good central location easily accessible to all there is to see in the city. Any recommendations on where to stay would be greatly appreciated! I'm traveling solo and am open to home stays as well. Thank you!

9 Answers Oct 30, 2016 at 6:23 PM
    • jwhitehouse's Profile Photo

Exchange money

Cuba Oct 20, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Hello,

Will be in Cuba 16 day starting Nov 1.
      Have you been able to use ATMs? What about credit cards? Debit Cards?

Thank you
      Joe Whitehouse

8 Answers Oct 23, 2016 at 11:20 AM
    • CarlaCarvalho's Profile Photo

The best cayo

Cuba Oct 10, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Hi, I would like to know which one is considered the best Cayo? Which one would you recommend?
      Thanks in advance :)

1 Answer Oct 10, 2016 at 4:15 PM
    • contact info

Cuba Oct 10, 2016 at 8:22 AM

Hi all im looking for contact info for Villa Vittorio outskirts of Havana.
      Thanks in advance.
      Sean

2 Answers Oct 10, 2016 at 10:18 AM
    • CarlaCarvalho's Profile Photo

Cuba in late January

Cuba Oct 9, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Hi everyone

I am having a two week break earlier next year, around the end of January, and I have been thinking of visiting Cuba. I am interested in travelling around, getting to know Havana but also other cities. Sticking only to a beach resort is not really on my plans, even though I do like beaches very much and I want to include at least one of the Cayos.

I've been doing some research butt I would like your opinion, is it a good time of the year considering the weather, reasonable prices (hotels, food, transport). Would any particular reason, for example a festivity or something else, be worth it to change and go at another time??

Thanks in advance! :)

2 Answers Oct 9, 2016 at 12:08 PM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Tour from Havana to Vinales and Pinar del Rio

Cuba Sep 21, 2016 at 12:32 PM

I am hoping to take a short tour of around 3 days from Havana to Vinales and Pinar del Rio. I hope to make the arrangements with a Cuban company, either when I get to Havana or preferably before I arrive. I am looking for a tour which includes the transport, the hotel or hotels and entry into the main attractions such as cigar factories and rum distilleries or whatever there is to see.

I was wondering if someone could help me with a few important questions:

1) are there travel agencies, etc, in Havana which can offer these trips? If so, can anyone give me some names or contact details of recommended companies?
      2) is it possible to arrange something like this at short notice, or do the agencies normally require several weeks notice?
      3) is anything like this also available going in the opposite direction to Trinidad and Santa Clara?

Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

13 Answers Oct 23, 2016 at 11:49 AM
    • gabynicolae's Profile Photo

How to spend 3-4 days in Santiago?

Santiago de Cuba Sep 18, 2016 at 1:23 AM

Dear all,
      For 3-4 days stay in Santiago (January 2017), what do you recommend to see and to do?
      What can we visit outside Santiago? Some national parcs, nice beaches, etc.
      All info will be highly appreciated.
      Thank you in advance for your kind replies.

6 Answers Sep 30, 2016 at 2:00 AM
    • Tourist Visa

Cuba Sep 5, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Do Indian citizens with an Indian passport currently in the USA on a tourist visa need a visa to visit Cuba for tourism purposes? If yes, what are the requirements, how do you go about it and how long does it take? Thank you very much!

10 Answers Oct 27, 2016 at 5:23 AM
    • Accessing money in Cuba

Cuba Aug 28, 2016 at 7:49 PM

I'm departing for Cuba in a few weeks and I've been reading up on ways to access money and despite reading quite a few posts on various websites and forums I'm still having trouble getting a clear understanding of what I should do. Since I'm going for 10 days I don't really want to take enough cash to cover me as that would mean carrying >$1000 on me. So I have an Australian debit Mastercard from Bankwest which I understand might not work in ATMs but might work if I go inside a bank to withdraw cash. Obviously that would be a better option but I don't want to rely on it if it's not true. Has anyone had any recent experience about this issue?

19 Answers Oct 10, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Domestic flights in Cuba

Cuba Aug 25, 2016 at 3:37 AM

Dear All,
      How can I book some domestic flights in Cuba? I need some info about booking air tickets online, if it is possible.
      I want to fly from Cienfuegos to Santiago de Cuba (or from Havana to Santiago), after from Santiago to Cayo Coco and from Cayo Coco to Havana.
      How are the planes and the flight conditions? What are the estimated prices?
      Any other info will be highly appreciated!
      Thank you in advance for any kind reply! Gabriel

5 Answers Sep 10, 2016 at 6:42 PM
    • Is there a problem yet with Cassa particular lot is getting overbooked?

Cuba Aug 24, 2016 at 10:33 PM

Last year I went and reserved my first Casa from abroad. From that point on, each Casa just hooked me up with the next as I traveled for two weeks. It was great and very flexible.

Is this still possible or will I have to pre-book all my casas in advance from abroad in order to be sure I'll have a place to sleep?

3 Answers Aug 24, 2016 at 11:51 PM

New Year Eve in Havana

Havana Aug 24, 2016 at 7:21 AM

Dear VT's members,
      I want to ask you how to celebrate New Year Eve 2017 in Havana. Some recommendations or advices?
      Thank you in advance for your kind replies!
      Gabriel

2 Answers Aug 24, 2016 at 11:20 PM

Recommendations need for traveling in Cuba for 2 weeks

Cuba Aug 18, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Dear VT’s friends & members,

I need your help to organize a trip in Cuba for 2 weeks, in January 2017.
      We’re a group that want to travel around Cuba and to see the most spectacular things: old cities, historical monuments, local customs, restaurants, beaches, culture.
      So we need some recommendations about what to see and don’t miss, how to travel around, which places are good for staying more than 1-2 days, where to have accommodation (hotels or local house rent), etc.
      1. Is it possible and safe to rent a car and drive in Cuba?
      2. Are the roads in good conditions?
      3. It is better to take local transport buses between cities or to ask to the local tourist companies?
      4. What places do you recommend to don’t miss?
      5. Famous locations and monuments in Havana?
      Any other info will be highly appreciated!
      Thank you in advance for your kind answers.
      Best Regards! Gabriel

5 Answers Aug 24, 2016 at 11:39 PM
    • Beach for kids

Cuba Aug 15, 2016 at 2:35 PM

We are a family of four, kids 3 and 6. We are planning a two week trip to Cuba in February. At least one of these weeks we would like to stay at a really nice beach. However we are having trouble finding something that matches our taste. Varadero seems too touristy for us with too many resorts. We would prefer a small hotel close to or by the beach and with a choice of local restaurants at walking distance. We are not looking for an all inclusive. We have looked at Cayo Largo, Cayo Santa Maria and Cayo Saetia. Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 10, 2016 at 6:50 PM
    • Sol Palmeras or Sol Cayo Guillermo for my family?

Cuba Aug 11, 2016 at 9:26 AM

Hi,
      This August, I'm planning a vacation for my family (husband, myself and 2 kids 15 and 8) and I'm wondering which hotel would be more suitable for my family? I realize that Sol Palmeras and Sol Cayo Guillermo are totally different in terms of locations and layouts but any suggestions, please? Thank you!

1 Answer Aug 11, 2016 at 10:23 AM
    • trip to Havana

Cayo Coco Jul 15, 2016 at 2:13 AM

Is there anyone else looking to drive to Havana from Cayo Coco between 27th sept 2016 and 7th Oct 2016
      email me if you would like to share transportaion
      Mazinka@op.pl

1 Answer Jul 15, 2016 at 2:21 PM
    • married to cuban

Cuba Jul 8, 2016 at 1:12 PM

bello everybody. I got married to a cuban in greece with all the legal documenta in greece. my husband already left to cuba and I have a one way ticket because we are not sure for the excact date. On the website of the airline was saying clearly that check-in will be denied if there is no return ticket. will it be a problem?

13 Answers Jul 12, 2016 at 1:22 AM
    • amazonaNne's Profile Photo

Handicap / Wheelchair

Cuba Jul 7, 2016 at 4:18 AM

Hey everybody,

my mother has a dream: She would love to visit Havanna/ Cuba. The tricky part is, she is very sick and her handicap ties her to a wheelchair.
      A nurse and myself would accompany her, but I am actually concerned, that Havanna might be full of steep stairs... Also I was told that it is quite difficult to find barrierfree hotels and restaurants.
      If anyone could offer some information, insights or links I would be thrilled!! We are not in a hurry, but I expect the planning will take a bit longer than usual...

Thanx in advance, happy travels and cheers from Berlin!

14 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 6:26 PM
    • Can I purchase a Cuba Visa in the USA prior to departure?

Cuba Jun 22, 2016 at 11:29 AM

We found a good flight to Havana from MIA and also from JFK. Is it possible to advance purchase our Cuban Visas at either airport and where is the location to do so? Or do we have to force a layover to purchase our visas from a foreign country? Thank you in advance for your advice. I am havng a hard time finding a direct answer to this question online. 

6 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 7:46 PM
    • Bicycle hire

Cuba Jun 20, 2016 at 5:52 AM

Is it possible to hire decent (with 7+ gears) in Cuba? ansd if so where are the main hire places? We are travelling next Spring & could take our own bikes if hiring is difficult.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 6:38 AM
    • Weather in Cuba

Cuba Jun 18, 2016 at 7:49 AM

Could somebody tell me what the weather is like late August please?

Many thanks

5 Answers Jun 18, 2016 at 5:45 PM