VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
County Laois

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tony2phones's Profile Photo

Sad News on Closure

Ireland Jan 7, 2017 at 12:49 PM

I would like to say a big thank you to the management and staff @ VT for running a clean ship and being one of the better Irish forums over many years.
      Anyone not wishing to ask on the more Klanish parent Forum of TA might want to look at Fodor's or Ireland Yes.
      Anyone wanting to contact me can do so on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/t2pIreland/

more

Popular County Laois Travel Answer Locations

• TravelingGypsy's Profile Photo

The Irish Experience

County Laois Oct 7, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I wonder if there is a place to stay in Co Laios that incorporates a pub & accommodation, with a strong air of Irish hospitality. We intend to do some sightseeing, but would like to relax at the end of the night in a traditional pub with music, and the atmosphere only Ireland can offer. Asking a lot right?? It's our first trip over, and it's only a weekend this round. Just want to make the most of it. Any suggestions?

6 Answers Oct 15, 2008 at 4:22 PM
    • Location of Church

County Laois Mar 17, 2007 at 10:19 AM

I am going to Ireland July 2007. I have a death notice of a great uncle buried from Church of the Assumption, The Heath. Do you know where this is located? I think it is in County Laois, as that's what the newpaper clipping says. I'd like to see if I can locate any family that is still living there and I thought this would be a good place to start. His name was Joseph Dunne and he died August 27, 1955.

Thanks.

Donna Schofield
      USA

1 Answer Mar 18, 2007 at 3:07 AM
    • Birr

County Laois Mar 8, 2007 at 9:35 AM

doing some genealogy in county laois and wondered if birr or portlaoise would be good places to stay? any suggestions where to stay in each place? birr seems very historic and the castle is nearby.

2 Answers Mar 11, 2007 at 6:30 AM
    • Football / Irish music pubs

County Laois Apr 17, 2003 at 1:52 PM

Anyone know any good pubs to watch Celtic v Boavista game next week? Or good pubs for traditional irsih music mid week. Thanks J

1 Answer Apr 24, 2003 at 2:45 AM