County Galway

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Killarney day tour Gap of Dunloe

Ireland Jul 28, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Need some help please in planning a day sightseeing Gap of Dunloe area. Is it better to take this tour with guide or can it be done independently. I have been to Killarney a few times and am familiar with National Park and have some sightseeing tours.
      I read that there is a shuttle bus from tourist office and bus station that drops off tourists who are hiking the trails. I enjoy trails but not sure if I should join a tour or do the hiking and afterwards pick up the shuttle to get back to town or National Park. I will be in Killarney on August 17-18. Thanks for any suggestions.

more
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

dublin hop on hop off green bus vs red bus

Dublin Jul 31, 2016 at 4:55 AM

Which hop on hop off bus tour is better green or red bus?

Thanks

Keaner

more
    • Waterford Crystal

Ireland Yesterday

Is it possible to get great deals on Irish made Crystal? I'm not picky about the brand. if so, in what town/store?

more
    • karmann58's Profile Photo

Killalane Road Races September 2016

Ireland Aug 22, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Hello,

My husband and I will be on our 1st trip to Ireland in September and would love to go to the Killalane Road Races, but, we came across an article that they are cancelled.

Can anyone confirm that for me?

Thank you and much appreciated :)

Judy

more
    • karmann58's Profile Photo

Last night accomodation

Ireland Aug 7, 2016 at 12:15 PM

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some Dublin airport hotel accomodation recommendations for our last night's stay before flying home on September 22nd. Our flight leaves at 1:50pm. We will need a hotel that offers free shuttle service.

Thanks for your time! :)

more
    • mabmojo's Profile Photo

Small Engine Flight / Aerial Tour

Ireland Aug 3, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Looking for to have a flight around either Dublin area or Galway. an hour or two. Just a nice aerial tour. Any one know any small engine plane operators for hire?

more
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

best transportation from airport to Hotel

Dublin Jul 31, 2016 at 6:28 AM

Wife and I are traveling to Dublin this Aug from 9-16 and wondering the best transportation from the Dublin International Airport to The Castel Hotel.

Thanks
      Keaner

more
    • Is Ennis a good base for hiking?

Ennis Aug 16, 2016 at 6:00 AM

I'll be flying into and out of Shannon and have 3 full days. I am on foot - no car. Would like to see towns, music and hiking. Is the bus service from Ennis good enough to get to good hiking (Burrens, coasts, etc) that I can use Ennis as my base town? Thank you :)

more
    • Traveling with tour to Copenhagen, Norway, Sweden returning to Dublin/JFK

Ireland Aug 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Arriving into Ireland end of next week August and need advice on best method to purchase foreign currencies for my tour. I contacted Irish Bank today which was a waste of time. They could not place my order which I would pay for with Debit in Euros and pick up on arrival. Said I would need to visit the branch and complete order forms. Then advised the bank only handles money to use in Sweden. This did not help either as Stockholm will be the last stopover before leaving on return flight to Dublin and on to JFK.

Will travel on A/F flight to Copenhagen to join tour. I need to have some money to use in Denmark on arrival in case I take a taxi or train getting to hotel. I am arriving on a Saturday and need advice please on best way to get the currencies.

I know there are foreign exchange kiosks at most airports but not sure if one can purchase currency using Euros debit card. Some meals are included and paid for on tour. I need to have some money on arrival in Copenhagen. Is it easy to get money at airports?
      Will visit Killarney for 3 nights mid week on arrival, then Donegal Town for 2 and one night near Dublin before I begin the tour. Know that the banks in Ireland are closed on Saturday so greatlyl appreciate help with this matter please. Thank you.

more
    • glen006's Profile Photo

One week road trip!

Ireland Aug 21, 2016 at 1:35 AM

Hi,

My wife and I (mid 30's, adventurous) are heading to Ireland for a week in October, and have hired a car with the plan to road trip around the island.

I have envisaged the following itinerary, is it doable, and does anyone have any other suggestions?

Day 1: Arr Dublin, Dublin – Belfast
      Day 2: Belfast
      Day 3: Belfast – Giants Causeway – Derry – Swanlinbar (family)
      Day 4: Swanlinbar – Galway
      Day 5: Galway – Blarney/Cork
      Day 6: Cork – Dublin
      Day 7: Dublin
      Day 8: Dep Dublin

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

KINSALE FOR A WEEK

Kinsale Aug 19, 2016 at 12:47 PM

We've been to Ireland ,last year...more around Galway 8 days, and Dublin ....is a 10 days in kinsale good, or more or less.......we like walking the old streets with shops and food...not big in bar scene....can u help....I know u can. Thanks,,,Martin

more
    • wandeljp's Profile Photo

Road trip

Ireland Aug 7, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Wel, as usual, my question is in fact questions:
      We are thinking to go next year to Ireland.
      Do you think 14 days are enought for doing the tour by car of the island ?
      What are the place we we can not miss, that we must see for sure ? (city, building, nature, landscape, ... )
      Thanks !

more
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

Currency exchange in Ireland

Dublin Jul 27, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Traveling to Dublin, Ireland this August and wondering if we should exchange our Canadian currency before we leave or wait tell we arrive in Dublin.
      Also location to exchange currency while over in Ireland.

Thanks

more
    • webina's Profile Photo

Music pubs in winter

County Galway Jun 16, 2016 at 6:07 AM

Hi i would love to vistit connemara in the wintertime. is there a chance to get into some music sessions in the pubs, even in the smaller villages like cleggan?
      Thanks a lot for your help and best greetings from switzerland
      Regina

• Transit UK without visa

Galway May 16, 2016 at 6:13 AM

Going through Stansted airport from Dublin to La Rochelle in France and back the same way. i'm a Belarusian citizen but currently live in Ireland and have a D type Irish visa. Have read on the UK website the new regulations allow me to travel through UK without transit visa even when crossing the border (going through customs|). Can't get to anyone to confirm it - keep kicking me from embassy to airport to visa issuing guys. Anyone could help? don't wanna be deported or something. Thanks a mil in advance

9 Answers May 17, 2016 at 2:26 AM
    • Is it worth it to stay overnight here?

Inishmore May 3, 2016 at 4:18 PM

we are coming from Doolin- should we plan on staying on the inishmore for 1 night to enhance the experience wanted to bike ride and enjoy
      Where do we catch the ferry if coming from Doolin? I am assuming pretty chilly in May?
      thanks

2 Answers May 3, 2016 at 4:49 PM
    • NewYorktoDublin's Profile Photo

The cliffs of moher

Galway Apr 27, 2016 at 1:03 PM

I'm spending the 4th of May in Galway so I can connect to the bus on the 5th to see the cliffs of moher . Should it be raining would it still be worth going ? Hate to go all the way out there and not be able to see them as I'm staying in Dublin .

4 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 9:44 AM
    • Kylemore Abbey

Clifden Mar 23, 2016 at 1:19 PM

Good day ~ my husband and I are planning on spending a few days in Clifden. We are both in our 70's and will be using public transportation. We would like to know how to get to Kylemore Abbey and also we would like to know if anyone in town we could hire to drive us to Westport. So we won't have to that the 6 hour bus ride. Thanking you in-advance.
      Sharon
      sharon711@cox.net

4 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 10:00 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Mc Donagh a thatched bar in Oranmore by Galway, is Oranmore worth the stop?

Oranmore Jan 10, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Mc Donagh a thatched bar in Oranmore by Galway, is it worth the stop? We love Galway and the area and will be going there on our next trip and want to take in some nice old pubs. Has any one been there? We saw it pictured in a newspaper article and looks great from the outside. Can you recommend a hotel or B&B in Oranmore?

1 Answer Jan 10, 2016 at 3:23 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Car hire in Galway

Galway Jan 9, 2016 at 12:03 PM

Hello all
      I have a couple of French friends who are visiting Galway soon and they would like to know the best option for care hire in the city. Can anyone recommend the best place with the best rates?
      Also, the guys are quite young, early 20's, so is that an issue for them to hire? As long as they have full licenses for over 12 months then it should be ok, right?
      Thank you all :)

8 Answers Jan 10, 2016 at 4:25 AM
    • kiko76's Profile Photo

Connemara itinerary

Galway Jul 29, 2015 at 8:39 AM

Hi,
      I have only mid day to visit the Connemara by car starting from Galway.
      Someone can suggest me an itinerary?
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 9:05 AM
    • Takeaways in Clifden

Clifden Jul 20, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Can you please recommend a good takeaway in Clifden?

1 Answer Jul 20, 2015 at 8:08 AM
    • Nightlife on inishmore

Inishmore Jun 16, 2015 at 6:03 AM

what is the nightlife like on inishmore? would there be many people around of a sunday night we planning on going this sunday the 21st? is it true theres a nightclub on the island

8 Answers Jun 16, 2015 at 5:33 PM
    • John Riley memorial

Clifden Mar 26, 2015 at 10:40 AM

I need a picture of the memorial to John Riley that is supposedly in the Clifden town centre

6 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 10:04 PM
    • Easter Sunday and Monday

Galway Mar 4, 2015 at 9:34 AM

I will be in Galway Easter Sunday and Monday. Will there be anything open or does everything close for the holiday?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2015 at 3:57 AM
    • Fly into Dublin or Shannon when visiting Clifden?

Clifden Feb 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM

From the U.S., Should I fly into Dublin or Shannon when visiting Clifden? I'll be relying in public transportation while there.

7 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 3:03 AM
    • Shell Beach

Galway Jan 13, 2015 at 4:13 PM

A friend has told me about a fantastically beautiful shell beach located in a reserve of reclaimed land - but can't remember exactly where - any ideas please??

Many thanx

1 Answer Jan 13, 2015 at 4:39 PM
    • Activities & Nightlife

Galway Jul 22, 2014 at 12:52 PM

A group of 18 year olds going to Galway for a few days, what kind of activities could we do during the day that won't bore us ( more amusements and paintballing kinda craic than anything ) and wheres the best spots for night life ?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 7:16 AM
    • Travel Monivea,

Monivea Jul 22, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Can I travel to Monivea from Dublin by train or bus?kk

• Traveling to roundstone

Roundstone May 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I am trying to travel from the university of limerick to roundstone however I am only 18 so i can't hire a car? What would be my best option?

3 Answers May 17, 2014 at 1:48 PM
    • what do do in claregalway

Claregalway Apr 10, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Suggestions of what to do on a 4 day visit to claregalway. Staying at Claregalway Hotel but have a car. Places to eat and drink?

3 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    • shopping on Inisheer

Inisheer Apr 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM

can you buy aran sweaters on Inisheer

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

Galway in a day

Galway Mar 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM

We are on a cruise in May and one of the Ports of Call is Galway. We are there from 8-6 but Im estimating we will be off the ship maybe 10-3 or 10-4 maximum. I have been looking at the tips and hints here and various other sites and there seems so much to see and do. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what are really must do activities baring in mind we have only 5-6 hours ashore

6 Answers May 24, 2014 at 10:59 AM
    • Good Friday in Galway

Galway Jan 14, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Good afternoon! My friend and I booked a trip to Ireland, arriving Palm Sunday and leaving Easter Sunday morning of this year. We will be in Galway on Good Friday and have heard that basically, everything in the country shuts down that day. Any suggestions on what we can do that day/night?

7 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • Galway emergency holiday apartment/room

Galway Dec 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Hi, I have a very big problem here; me and my boyfriend had planned to spend the holidays together after 2 months apart (I had to move to England for study reasons), but his new housemate does not want me in their house (with very short notice). I have found a place to stay the first few days, but I am desperate to find a place in the city centre from the 26th of December to the 8th of January. It would be the best Christmas present for us. Anyone knows of a cheap comfy place that could be rented for those days? I hope Santa hears me, we have been very good all year round...

6 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    • July 2014 Galway

Galway Dec 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I am spending one week in Galway July 2014, doing the Connemara & Burren coach tours & Corrib Princess Cruise but would really like to find a 3rd coach tour (not including the open top Galway bus and not to the Islands). Also if there is an interesting manor house to visit. Any suggestions. We don't drive.

7 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    • B & Bs on inishmore

Inishmore Sep 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Best B&B on Inishmore?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    • Arran Islands travel

Aran Island Sep 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Can we take a day trip from Adare Manor to arran island? If so how?

5 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    • Transportation

Inishmore Apr 19, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Hi! I will be on the island for a night in May and want to get to Westport in County Mayo. What is the best way to do this? We have such a limited amount of time and really want to see both places, so any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

2 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 3:08 AM
    • where to travel from pa. north in less than 4 hours

Galway Mar 11, 2013 at 8:08 AM

i lilve in n e pa. state, where to go thats no further than 3 1/2 hrs.

6 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    • MalenaN's Profile Photo

Letterfrack and Connemara in February

Letterfrack Jan 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I plan to visit Letterfrack and Connemara National Park for a few days in the end of February. When I am there I would like to do some hikes and I wonder how easy it is to find good hiking trails walking out of Letterfrack.

So far I have found out that Diamond Hill is a good hike to do from Letterfrack, but then I don’t know. Are there any other good hikes starting in Letterfrack?

Kylemore Abbey is situated a few kilometers from Letterfrack. Is there a trail between Letterfrack and Kylemore Abbey?

One day it would be nice to walk along the coast, but then it must at a place I can reach by bus. Maybe the Sky Road out of Clifden. Any suggestions?

7 Answers Jan 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    • darrmont's Profile Photo

Park & ride for Motorhome

County Galway Jun 25, 2012 at 5:07 AM

We are planning on travel to galway for a few days in the next couple of weeks and wondered if there is any park and ride facility for motorhomes around the city.

2 Answers Jul 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    • Should i move to Galway

Galway May 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Hello everyone

I have been offered a job in Galway and it would be 2000euros a month.
      Is this enough to live on? How much is a nice flat per month? I've looked online and they seem to cost a bomb.
      Is the city busy.....?

Chris

3 Answers May 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM