County Dublin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Older Times in Drogheda

Drogheda Oct 9, 2016 at 5:50 PM

When I was a child my father took us to Ireland where he was from.
      he took us to see our uncle (his older brother) Patrick who lived in Drogheda but the pics I see are not how I remember it, it may be that it was on the outskirts I remember is was very quiet not many dwellings in fact my uncles home was very basic single story dwelling and it had an old stem roller outside.
      Just wondered if anyone has any clue as to where exactly this might have been long shot I know!

• coloradopair's Profile Photo

Train from Dublin to Belfast

Ireland Oct 5, 2016 at 10:09 AM

We are going to Ireland in November and will be taking Irish Rail train from Dublin to Belfast. Is it necessary or advantageous to book those tickets in advance? I am a little hesitant to do that and lock into a departure time because we will be taking a bus from Dublin Airport to the Dublin train station. While flight is sceduled to arrive at 7AM who knows when we would eventually get to the station. I am thinking it might just be easier to buy tickets at train station. Would the Dubin-Belfast train be that crowded in November? Any advice would be most welcome.

Popular County Dublin Travel Answer Locations

• Passport Control

Dublin Sep 17, 2016 at 9:55 AM

I will be travelling to Dublin via London Heathrow....Then after few days I will be travelling from Dublin to Belfast...So my travel itinerary is from Dublin to London Heathrow then to Belfast... I just want to ask if there's a passport control from dublin to belfast in london heathrow? Are they going to stamp my passport? Thank you so much....

9 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 11:32 AM
    • Long layover

Dublin Sep 7, 2016 at 8:24 AM

My husband and I have a long layover from Madrid. Arrive 10:30 pm, leave 3:50 pm next day. Just want to walk around and experience Dublin and have a good breakfast. What hotel, does airport have luggage storage?

3 Answers Sep 8, 2016 at 2:58 AM
    • Hostel for long termers

Dublin Sep 4, 2016 at 12:54 AM

Hello, I want to spend my winter in dublin, do you know a nice cheap hostel where it's possible to stay a few months ?

2 Answers Sep 4, 2016 at 3:46 AM
    • Sumair's Profile Photo

Shopping in Dublin ( for men's )

Dublin Sep 3, 2016 at 12:01 PM

How much will it cost to buy a men's long coat and jacket in Dublin market ?

3 Answers Sep 5, 2016 at 1:11 PM
    • waltso's Profile Photo

Using Aircoach from Dublin airport to Fitzpatrick Castle

Dalkey Aug 30, 2016 at 9:44 AM

I will be visiting Dublin in a couple of weeks and was wanting to possibly use the Aircoach from the airport. My wife, daughter and their luggage (a lot) will be coming...along with my carry-on. I was wondering if the Aircoach to Fitzpaterick Castle goes to the hotel lobby parking area or drops people off at the bottom of hill...if so, taxi or Uber it is...we're talking about a lot of luggage.
      Thanks, Walt

1 Answer Aug 30, 2016 at 11:17 AM
    • National Leprechaun Museum

Dublin Aug 28, 2016 at 6:21 PM

Two days in Dublin... should I go to the Leprechaun Museum?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 3:31 AM
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

best transportation from airport to Hotel

Dublin Jul 31, 2016 at 6:28 AM

Wife and I are traveling to Dublin this Aug from 9-16 and wondering the best transportation from the Dublin International Airport to The Castel Hotel.

2 Answers Jul 31, 2016 at 2:59 PM
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

dublin hop on hop off green bus vs red bus

Dublin Jul 31, 2016 at 4:55 AM

Which hop on hop off bus tour is better green or red bus?

1 Answer Jul 31, 2016 at 2:09 PM
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

Currency exchange in Ireland

Dublin Jul 27, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Traveling to Dublin, Ireland this August and wondering if we should exchange our Canadian currency before we leave or wait tell we arrive in Dublin.
      Also location to exchange currency while over in Ireland.

8 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 5:11 AM
    • Keaner's Profile Photo

Should we book our tours before we get to Dublin

Dublin Jul 25, 2016 at 6:32 PM

My wife and I are traveling from Newfoundland to Dublin form Aug 8-16 for my wife 50th birthday. We are wonder if we should book defore or when we get to Dublin. There are so many tour company's and all we want is to book with a good company and have fun.
      My wife is a big Game of Thornes fan and she like to see Ring of Kerry, Giants Causeway, Cliffs of Moher, Dark Hedges or any other things we can do. Also this is our first time in Ireland.

3 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 4:30 PM
    • 2 Nights B&B suggestions Dublin City 16-18 Aug 2016

Dublin Jul 24, 2016 at 5:20 AM

Hi There.

I'm visiting Dublin City with my 77 year old Irish Mother for 2 day's on the above dates.

We wont have a car this trip, so a central location (within a 5 mile radius) is very important.

(Don't want to do any Airbnb, Hostels or Hotels).

We're just looking for a simple affordable B&B with 2 sinlgle rooms, (if thing's could be busy, then we'd settle for 1 room with 2 single beds type of thing).

Ideally we'd be looking for something circa €50-€70 each per night

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly apprciated.

TIA :-)

1 Answer Jul 25, 2016 at 1:44 AM
    • What to do and transportation.

Dublin Jun 29, 2016 at 1:59 PM

I am gonna go to Dublin for a week in august.
      Do you you know any (not to expensive) fun things to do?
      How is public transportation in Dublin? Is there a ticket I can buy and use all week? Or how does it work?

12 Answers Jun 30, 2016 at 6:16 AM
    • Transportation to Howth

Dublin Jun 28, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Is the Howth Market only open on Sundays? And is there public transportation that I can take? Thanks for your help. Also how far is it from Dublin City Centre

2 Answers Jun 28, 2016 at 6:09 PM
    • MarvaG's Profile Photo

Bed and breakfast

Dublin Jun 17, 2016 at 9:28 AM

Would like some recommendations for Bed and Breakfast neat city centre. Will be arriving early July....Thanks

4 Answers Jun 19, 2016 at 10:27 AM
    • Apartment advice

Dublin Jun 5, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Hi all
      We are a elderly couple visiting later this year for 1 week & looking for a apartment in a quiet area with an easy walk to centre. We think the south side of the river would suit us as we are mainly visiting museums, historical sites etc. Having trouble finding anything on the usual sites. Wondered if anyone had any tips or advice etc. Also want to do a couple of easy daytrips by public transport. Any help would be great

2 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Transport Pass

Dublin May 17, 2016 at 11:29 AM

I´ll be in Dublin for 3 days(week days). Is it advisable to buy a transport pass? I Intend to take a day (half ?) trip to Howth, is the Market worth going on weekdays? Thanks!

8 Answers May 18, 2016 at 9:28 AM
    • Sherese93's Profile Photo

Dublin Public Transport

Dublin Apr 11, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Does anybody know what public transport could be used to get from Dublin Hilton Airport to Travelodge Pheonix Park? Also from Pheonix Park to Malahide? TIA

2 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 9:41 AM
    • NadineK5's Profile Photo

Immigrating to Dublin Questions

Dublin Mar 29, 2016 at 5:29 AM

Good day,

I'm Immigrating to Ireland from South Africa with my husband and 4 year old. We will be living in Dublin, and my son and I will arrive end of June.

South Africa gets really hot so my closet is filled with clothes for hot weather (30 degrees Celsius). I need to decide which of our clothes we will need to take with as we only have 2 suitcases of 23kg each to take with and need to plan according to Dublin weather.

I know winters get really cold, so my winter clothes i will definitely take, but is it worth taking summer clothes at all?

Sorry all for the strange question :)

3 Answers Mar 30, 2016 at 1:19 PM
    • NewYorktoDublin's Profile Photo

Travelling to Dublin

Dublin Mar 26, 2016 at 6:52 PM

I'm from Canada . I'm a single girl who was in Dublin last October. I am returning this May for 10'days. Then I am coming back August 14 for a week , then I am coming back the 2nd of October for another week. I fell in love,with Ireland and with the people . They treated me like family .. I would love to meet a single man for friendship . I have visited several restaurants and pubs in Dublin and the outlying fishing villages on the dart . Loved every minute of it .. This time I plan on spending a day in Cork and 2 days in Galway.. The places in Dublin imhave been to were filled with married men hitting on me .. I'm not bragging I'm just telling you what happened . All I want to know is if anyone knows of any place I could go to meet single people.. That's it . Sometime told me I should be posting this on miscellaneous , so I did, then someone told me to post it on travel so here I am again .. Just a suggestion is all I'm asking .. Thank you for your time . Sandy Doyle . Yes, I'm Irish Canadian with a bit of a temper , I'm so,sorry if I offended anyone ..

11 Answers May 17, 2016 at 7:43 AM

Business men

Dublin Mar 26, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Where do they go for lunch or after work?

14 Answers Mar 27, 2016 at 5:09 PM
    • Dublin to Glasgow

Dublin Mar 11, 2016 at 7:57 AM

What is the easiest way to travel from Dublin, Ireland to Glasgow, Scotland?

5 Answers Mar 11, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Cliffs of moher

Dun Laoghaire Feb 5, 2016 at 2:06 PM

When searching the net I'm finding I can get to Galway from Dublin on the train and to,the cliffs of moher on a bus from Galway . They're telling me it's a 7 hour bus ride from Galway .. Really??

17 Answers Apr 14, 2016 at 1:22 PM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Luggage storage facilities in Dublin

Dublin Jan 30, 2016 at 6:52 AM

I´ve found a good price for my overseas tks to Dublin, so I could start my trip there, go to Belfast spend some days, get back to Dublin and fly to London. Does anybody know if there is luggage storage facility at Dublin Airport or Train Station?

5 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 4:26 AM
    • Crazywoman's Profile Photo

Castle hotel

Dublin Jan 18, 2016 at 3:23 AM

My mother recently had an anniversary and we are planning to make a weekend (3-4 days) trip in June as a celebration. She would like to preferably stay in a castle or on a castle area not to far from Dublin. Even Edinburgh and the area around could be an option. Close proximity to a castle where it is possible to visit is the second best option. could help us narrow down would be great! Does anyone have any suggestions? From what I have seen, we are

We have started to search around on the internet, but none of the 4 of us know these areas very well and all ideas that looking at something mid to low budget.

8 Answers Feb 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM
    • CCCC33's Profile Photo

Identifying Artifacts Christ Church Cathedral

Dublin Jan 11, 2016 at 4:19 PM

I recently visited Dublin while on a European vacation. On the sidewalks outside of the Christ Church Cathedral, I noticed painted squares that contained "artifacts" embedded in the sidewalk. I took photos but I have been unable to learn what these are, what they represent or the history behind them. I loved Ireland and hopefully I will be able to visit again; everyone was so friendly and helpful. Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 12, 2016 at 8:57 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Time Spent

Dublin Oct 22, 2015 at 5:17 AM

As for Dublin itself, is 2 days (day of arrival and another day) enough to take in the city?

4 Answers Oct 22, 2015 at 6:58 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Driving north of dublin

Dublin Oct 19, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Been here 2 weeks, gave couple days scenic drive north of Dublin......also even a few nice villages......thanks, martin

2 Answers Oct 20, 2015 at 6:14 AM
    • LynnB34's Profile Photo

with 22-hour layover in early April in Dublin, where to stay and what to do?

Dublin Oct 17, 2015 at 11:02 AM

My husband and I are thinking to book a flight that will have 22-hour layover in Dublin from 1:30 pm to 11:50 am next day. Where should we stay and what could we do? We'll only have carry-on luggage.

9 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 3:23 PM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Dublin road trips

Dublin Oct 15, 2015 at 2:43 PM

We're in Killarney leaving for Dublin, we're not big city couple.....we traveled the connamara in the north, cliffs of Moyer, ring of what to do on the east coast.....need your thoughts....thanks...martin

5 Answers Oct 16, 2015 at 8:40 AM
    • Restaurant in howth ireland

Howth Oct 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM

What's the most scenic restaurant in howth ireland

3 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 4:16 PM