VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Costa Rica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best day to visit Teotihuacán

Teotihuacán Feb 14, 2017 at 2:29 PM

Hello! Is there a preferred day to visit Teotihuacan? Our family will be visiting Mexico City during Holy Week from 8-17 April. We are interested in arranging a sky balloon tour above Teotihuacán and furthermore a tour to the pyramids.
      Thank you!

more
    • How is Cancun?

Cancún Feb 4, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Thinking of going to Cancun with my boyfriend in March. How is it there? Is there a lot of college spring breakers? How safe is it? Any advice would be great! And let me know of any good excursions to try. Thank you! :)

more
    • simiritch's Profile Photo

Cancun Airport to Cozumel transportation?

Isla Cozumel Feb 8, 2017 at 11:09 PM

Hi.
      Got a free flight to Cancun, booked it and realized that I really want to be in Cozumel! Now I have a hotel booked in Cozumel (Iberostar) and need to figure out how to get there and back.
      I see a flight with r.t. for only $150, but the times are real bad and I hope to get something that fits my flights in/out of Cancun. Cheaper would be nice if possible.

Any busses that do the whole thing? What are the ferry routes? I guess I can just taxi to the ferry ports.

Thanks. And I hope this hits someone before the site closes. Very sad about that too! Anyone know why VT is closing?

Richard.

more
    • Need advice for travel in Costa Rica

by Kura8465 Online Now Mar 11, 2009 at 12:34 AM

My partner and I (we are both mid twenties) and heading to Costa Rica after Mexico at the end of this month but i am stumped as to where to go! Does anyone know the best places to go there?
      Has anyone been to JACO? I heard this was good?
      Also the accommodation looks a little weak, i would like somewhere nice on a beach or something, any advice there too??
      Any advice would be appreciated.
      Thanks!

6 Answers May 17, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    • Flying in late, then what?

by bike10 Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 9:37 AM

We are flying into San Jose late at night. We don't want to rent a car and drive from San Jose to Querpos late at night. I know we can use the bus system or plane the next morning. Can we just stay in the terminal for the night?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2007 at 3:00 PM
    • GillianWhirled's Profile Photo

I want a costa rica adventure!

by GillianWhirled Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 11:44 PM

Can someone tell me some lodging options for a stay in Costa Rica? From what I have read I would like to stay on the Carribean side, but any information about accomodations would be helpful...

2 Answers Apr 26, 2006 at 10:06 AM
    • Panned holiday in Costa Rica

by lasher Online Now Nov 5, 2005 at 2:45 AM

We are a 62 year old married couple planning a holiday to see Costa Rica. CAn anyone give us suggestions as to if we can do this as a self-guided tour, or is it advisable to take a guided holiday?

1 Answer Aug 20, 2007 at 6:57 PM
    • EJP773

by EJP773 Online Now Mar 30, 2005 at 6:52 AM

My girlfriend and I are staying in San Jose for several nights in between trips to the shore:
      We want to be near downtown / La Sabana area but want a nice pleasant place. A resort is not required since we will be staying at one at the shore.
      Has anyone stayed at the following two hotel options? Or do you have any other recommendations?
      - Barcelo San Jose Palacio
      - Tryp Corobici

1 Answer Jun 23, 2005 at 3:16 PM