VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Coron Travel Answers

change location

which resort to stay?

by mizztg Online Now Jul 16, 2006 at 12:51 PM

We are debating between staying at Club Paradise or El Rio Mar. Does anyone have any suggestions on which resort would be best to stay? We're only there for 2 days and want to make the most of our stay.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: which resort to stay?

by p1a2t3 Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 9:44 AM

I stayed at Club Paradise last year. Sea trips very good. Chalet right on beach - good sea view. Lovely swimming pool. In January sea was too rough to swim (fairly big waves but a very strong undercurrant). Food not as good as most. Island is some distance out to sea (not on mainland).

Sister resort of El Rio Y Mar - I visited there and liked it very much. Can swim from beach without strong undercurrent (on the mainland but I didn't see a road leading to Coron Town - I went by Club Paradise boat). I didn't have a meal or look at accommodation. Same sea trips offered at both hotels. I will be booking a 3-night stay there in February in preference to Club Paradise. Wish me luck!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines