Confolens

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• First Visit

Le Cap d'Agde Nov 28, 2016 at 3:19 AM

My wife and I are hoping to visit the naturist resort for the first time next June/July (2017) and we're wondering what's the best accommodation to book?

Many thanks in advance.

more
    • Baggage storage in Paris

Paris Dec 3, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Hi guys,
      I am heading to Paris in January. On my last day I do not need to be at the airport until about 5 o'clock to catch my plane to Sydney. I obviously want to make the most of this as a sight-seeing day(possibly Disnayland) but will have my luggage with me. Does anybody know of any storage lockers or something I would be able to take my big bag to? Does the airport have lockers for rent? Or does Disneyland have big storage cubes? Or would some hotels offer baggage holding even when you have checked out?
      Thanks

more
    • Buying a laptop

Paris Nov 28, 2016 at 5:42 AM

Hi all,

I am going to Paris from 23rd Dec till 3rd Jan for Christmas holiday,
      In Australia normally you get a good deals for laptops in stores like JB High Fi or Harvey Norman, can anyone help me where I can buy a low price portable laptop in Paris?

more
    • Gare de Lyon to Orly

Paris Dec 4, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Hi Paris expert friends - Would someone know the transportation options from the Gare de Lyon to Orly Airport? Thanks, Jean

more
    • JanuszBudd's Profile Photo

Small towns in France

France Dec 6, 2016 at 10:19 AM

I would like to explore provincial France, small towns and villages. I have about 3 weeks in May for this project. Has anybody done similar trip?. Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

more
    • Solo woman traveling in Paris on New Years Eve

Paris Nov 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM

I am a 54 year old woman who will be arriving in Paris Orly airport on Thursday, December 29 at 5 pm,
      and flying out of DeGalle airport on Sunday, January 1 at 11 am.

My questions...

1. What area in Paris should I stay in?
      Since I really only have two days I would like a great location to walk to things in the area and as a base for sightseeing. I would be so grateful for decent, hotel and restaurant suggestions in that area?

2. What is the best/easiest way to get from Orly to "that area" at that time of day?

3. Are there any good one day tours?
      I would probably book that for Friday or Saturday, and spend the other day on my own exploring the area around my hotel.

4. What is there to do on New Years Eve? I don't drink but would love to know what would be safe for me to do alone that night.

Thank you very much!

more
    • Archway's Profile Photo

Can anyone suggest a day-trip from Paris?

Paris Nov 11, 2016 at 7:32 AM

I will be visiting Paris in a few weeks. I have been to Paris numerous times and know it very well. Equally, I have taken many day-trips from Paris and have been to all the obvious places (and even beyond). Can anyone suggest a new place I might visit? I am looking for a place within a two hour radius by train.

I like quaint places, and/or places that has a old worldly feel to them. I enjoy visiting places with a riverside setting as well e.g. Moret-sur-Loing. 

Here is a short list of day-trips I have taken:

Amiens, Auxerre, Beauvais, Bourges, Châlons-en-Champagne, Chantilly, Chartres, Compiègne, Dijon, Fontainebleau, Giverny, Moret-sur-Loing, Orléans, Provins, Reims, Rouen, Senlis, Sens, Tours, Troyes, Versailles.  

I have not listed other places I have visisted that are further a way e.g. Caen, Lyon, Metz, Nancy, Nantes, Rennes etc.

At the moment I am thinking of visiting Meaux (because there is a cathedral in Meaux), but I would like to have a few other places on my list. I thought of trying to get to Avallon and/or Loches, but it appears there aren't any direct (or very few direct) trains to Avallon or Loches.

Many thanks

more