Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How good is the nightlife in Denver?

Denver Oct 7, 2016 at 5:53 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife good? & would I be right in thinking there isn't a lot of people from England in Denver? many thanks

• How good is the nightlife in Denver?

Denver Oct 7, 2016 at 5:53 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife good? & would I be right in thinking there isn't a lot of people from England in Denver? many thanks

7 Answers Oct 9, 2016 at 12:55 PM
    • Denver Nightlife

Denver Sep 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM

Hi, I'm from england - I'm of simple tastes a good nightlife scene (reasonably priced) & has a lot of pretty ladies - I'm 30. Is Denver such a place for this? many thanks

3 Answers Sep 2, 2016 at 12:09 AM
    • want to rent

Grand Junction Jul 28, 2016 at 7:23 PM

camper\rv so I can take my(who lives in Crawford CO)to visit friend & family. I Live in Mt.Please help!!!!

3 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 11:01 AM
    • Denver to Grand Canyon and back. I have my route set, did I miss anything?

Colorado Jul 21, 2016 at 12:02 AM

I now did my planning on google map, travelling from Denver to Page AZ and back. Based on what I read on the net I've done this route:
      Fron Denver to Estes park (36-34) down to winterpark (40). On to i70W pass grand junction to the Arches scenic drive as day one. Day 2, back on to i70, and go SW on 24 ->12 to pass Grover, Boulder Escalante all the way to 89. Countinue SW on 89 down to Mt Carmel Junction to take 9 thru Zionpark, then thu Hurricane, Kanab to Page AZ to See the Grand Canyon. day 3 Grand Canyon then heading to 4 corners monument, on to 491->160 to Durango. North on 550 to Montrose, then heading E on 50 to Gunnison. Day 4 Continue on E50 to Poucha Springs and head North on 285 all the way back to Denver.

Any suggentions on what to see on the way, or detours (not much time for that, since this will be done in 4 days)

5 Answers Oct 17, 2016 at 9:40 PM
    • kathymay1's Profile Photo

Something to do near I25

Colorado Springs Jul 20, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Any suggestions for something to do near I25 between Pueblo and Denver? We have Sunday afternoon to about 3 pm on Monday and can stay the night anywhere along the way. Not really interested in going into Denver.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2016 at 1:24 PM
    • Two bedroom hotel suites in downtown Denver

Denver Jul 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Flying into Denver for two nights before exploring other nearby areas. Looking for a two bedroom (not one bed, one pull out sofa) suite in a hotel downtown. We have such a room at the Staybridge Suites in Glendale, but I get the feeling we might like to stay downtown and closer to shopping/restaurants. Thanks in advance for any insight!

1 Answer Jul 14, 2016 at 11:57 AM
    • Driving a Mustang through Mesa Verde

Mesa Verde National Park Jul 13, 2016 at 8:44 AM

Is it advisable to visit Mesa Verde National Park while driving a Mustang convertible? I assume that while driving safely, there is no great security risk for passengers, I am more concerned about possible damage to the car (it is a rental). Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 13, 2016 at 1:02 PM
    • samtin's Profile Photo

Where to park near state capitol, Denver - for day out in downtown

Denver Jun 15, 2016 at 5:42 AM

hello We are visiting from UK and do not know Denver at all. We staying in Stapleton and want to spend a day in downtown doing a walk from our Lonely Planet guidebook which takes in lots of the sights (Capitol, 16th St Mall, Convention Center, Confluence Park etc and to eat downtown in the early evening (this will be a Tuesday in July). Can anyone advise where to best to head to for parking. We expect to pay but don't mind walking a bit to get into downtown. If anyone has any particular recommendations for things to see and do in downtown/Lodo, that would be great. Thanks, Sam

3 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 10:54 PM
    • avs189's Profile Photo

4th July Long Weekend in Denver

Denver Jun 5, 2016 at 9:44 PM

I would be visiting Denver around 4th July Long weekend . Mostly would stay around Cherry Creek Neighborhood through one of the airbnb accommodations

My tentative plan is as below and need inputs from some of your experts

1> Arriving by flight on 2nd midnight

2> On 3rd -Planning to explore cherry creek ,16th street mall and other downtown locations as per feasibility

All museums seem expensive :) , may be just need to click pics from outside.

3> On 4th - Planning to take half day gray-line tour of 50 bucks - red rocks , Coors breweries and standard pit stops

i do have rest of the day (after noon) at my leisure which i need to plan for.

4> On 5th - Planning to take free walking tour of 2 hours to see larimer square , capitol hill and other famous downtown attractions

5> On final day - i am inclined towards Rocky Mountain National Park tour estimated around 90 bucks by Colorado sight seeing tour folks . I am very much nature person and would even love to take their Mount Evans Summer Ultimate tour which is another 90 bucks .I am still in dilemma whether i should shell 200 bucks and do these tours . I was told that Pikes peak isn't that popular one among the folks.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2016 at 10:00 PM
    • 6 Days in Denver

Denver May 29, 2016 at 8:09 AM

Hey...My husband, daughter (6 1/2) and myself will be traveling to Denver for the first time next month. Ideally, we'd like to visit: Boulder, Ft Collins, Estes Park, Red Rock Park and Denver as well. I was hoping for some pointers on where to go specifically within these cites? As of now, we've booked a hotel in Lone Tree,but I feel the daily commute would be exhausting. Thoughts? Is Lone Tree close to thriving, lively parts of Denver? Luckily, we can amend our reservation and book a few hotels/ Air BNB in each location (if necessary) I am wondering where it would make sense to stay if we decide to stay sleep in location? If Denver is the answer, which specific neighborhood? We would like do some fun, family friendly activities as well as some adult outings for us. Any specific tours, festivals, areas to check out? We would love to go hiking and be outdoors, too. Visiting 6/28 - 7/3. If there are specific events not to be missed, please do share. Appreciate your assistance! - Edie

2 Answers May 30, 2016 at 6:55 AM
    • United flight connection

Denver May 17, 2016 at 11:38 PM

is 35 minutes enough time to connect from arriving at Gate B27 to departing at B56?

6 Answers May 21, 2016 at 3:39 PM
    • Itinerary

Colorado May 17, 2016 at 4:49 AM

6/30 Arrive Manitou Springs
      7/1 See Garden of the Gods. And drive to Salida
      7/1-7/3 Salida and maybe do 1/2 day whitewater rafting.
      7/3-7/7 Breckenridge
      7/7-7/9 Estes Park and see RMNP
      7/9 Drive home

Does this sound like a good itinerary? Any suggestions on things to see and do?

5 Answers May 17, 2016 at 6:46 PM
    • Denver or Boulder?

Denver May 17, 2016 at 2:09 AM

Hi guys,
      I'll be visiting Denver in a couple of weeks for a conference, after which I'll have a couple of days of vacation. Would you recommend I stayed in Denver or go out to Boulder? Perhaps elsewhere?

2 Answers May 17, 2016 at 10:52 PM
    • Any recommendations on a 10 hour layover?

Denver May 12, 2016 at 11:43 PM

I'll be flying into Denver on Wednesday morning and have a layover until late at night. I was hoping to experience as much of Denver as much as I can, I hear the city is not too far away.

Would love to hear of some can't miss places to experience with the short amount of time I have. Love food so suggestions always welcome as well.

3 Answers May 13, 2016 at 2:24 PM
    • Colorado Tour Route and Hotels

Colorado May 4, 2016 at 1:15 PM

We will be in Colorado in early June for 14 days and wonder if anyone could suggest a route out from and returning to Denver. We would like to take in some National Parks, the wonderful scenery and ideally do some cycling but not on mountains (are there any flat trails?).

We also need help with hotel/motels on the route - we have not booked anything yet and suggestions for inexpensive clean accommodation would be really great.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

6 Answers May 5, 2016 at 3:36 PM
    • Driving conditions

Grand Lake Apr 6, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Visiting from Queensland Australia and want information on safety of driving from Denver to Colorado around 23 December for few days.. Experienced driver but of course don't get snow or icy roads where we live.

5 Answers Apr 7, 2016 at 8:19 AM
    • 2 night trip to Ouray

Colorado Apr 6, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Am I crazy for considering traveling from Denver to Ouray for 2 nights and then returning to Denver to fly home. We are going in approx 2 weeks for 3 nights/ 4 days, first night in Denver. This is mainly to take in scenery from the car and hang out in awesome small towns. Because this time of year seems to find many of the northern roads closed- Independence Pass, Trail Ridge Road, top of Pikes Peak and overall not a good time of year for hiking I'm considering traveling to Ouray.
      My other option is traveling from Denver to Colorado Springs area, through Salida & Buena Vista and staying in Brekenridge for 2 nights, driving to local sights in that area.
      Which would be better for taking in the sights from a car and seeing some small towns?

6 Answers Apr 6, 2016 at 5:09 PM
    • Denver downtown

Denver Apr 1, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Hi, 2 girls in our late 20s staying in downtown denver for 4 days...looking for anything to do unique to denver...restaurants, bars, clubs, outdoor activities etc. Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 1, 2016 at 9:11 PM
    • paolo_t's Profile Photo

Clothes and weather

Denver Mar 27, 2016 at 10:07 AM

Hi everyone,
      me and my family (wife and a 18 month toddler) will be staying in Denver the whole month of April.
      We are from italy, so we are used to fair weather and mild temperatures.
      I was wondering if any of you might advice us about what to pack in terms of clothes, especially for our son.
      I have been looking at the weather reports and I see one day it's warm and the day after it's below zero..

4 Answers Mar 28, 2016 at 10:59 AM
    • Sienlu's Profile Photo

Best things to see/do between Los Angeles, CA and Denver, CO by car

Denver Feb 16, 2016 at 1:03 PM

We are going to Denver and Estes Park in June and want to cut off our drive (17 hours) by visiting cool places in between with our 2 kids (3 and 8). We are going to do it in 3 days. Could you give me ideas of what's worth a stop in between Los Angeles and Denver? Thanks a lot. :)

10 Answers Feb 19, 2016 at 12:54 PM
    • EmilyD157's Profile Photo

3 full days in Colorado

Colorado Jan 24, 2016 at 10:59 AM

My husband and I will be flying into Denver the beginning of April. We will have 3 full days. Suggestions on what to do because we have never been there. I would like to have a schedule to see and do as many things as possible because we have limited time. Thanks

3 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 6:25 PM
    • Stuck in house due to unplowed county roads

Pagosa Springs Dec 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Can you offer suggestions?

6 Answers Dec 23, 2015 at 2:48 PM
    • Confused on where to stay

Colorado Springs Sep 27, 2015 at 7:19 AM

We are thinking about staying at the Academy Hotel but are seeing mixed reviews. We want a room with a view in a clean hotel. Any first hand advice? Thanks!

9 Answers Sep 28, 2015 at 8:43 PM
    • mydreamquest's Profile Photo

What's the Drive Like from Denver to Durango?

Durango Sep 21, 2015 at 5:57 PM

I'll be in Colorado in early October and want to get to 4 corners from Denver. I'm considering staying in Durango. Is the drive from Denver safe? Also, are things that I should check out along the way?

3 Answers Oct 1, 2015 at 5:30 PM
    • Shuttle costs

Colorado Sep 13, 2015 at 3:01 PM

cost of a shuttle for a 1.5 hr trip from Denver international?

1 Answer Sep 13, 2015 at 5:42 PM
    • Nice neighborhoods near DIA?

Denver Sep 3, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Starting a new job at DIA soon. Need safe neighborhoods within an hours drive to look into. Looking to buy or rent a house.  Thoughts on good and bad areas? Thanks

3 Answers Sep 4, 2015 at 5:02 PM
    • elgar22's Profile Photo

Best National Parks in Colorado

Colorado Aug 9, 2015 at 8:29 AM

I'm planning a trip to Colorado and Utah in October to visit the National Parks. I'm flying to Denver and then taking an RV to tour the area for 12 days. We will definitely be going to Rocky Mountain Park in Colorado and Arches and Zion in Utah. Any tips on which are worth a visit and whether you would camp or drive through We want to do a mixture of walking, photography and activities while we are there.

Thanks, friends.

9 Answers Nov 10, 2015 at 6:32 PM
    • best place to experience a getaway and horseback riding

Colorado Springs Aug 4, 2015 at 2:31 PM

My husband and I are looking to visit Colorado. A country getaway with horseback riding... looking for suggestions. Thanks very much :)

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 6:38 AM
    • Durango or Estes Park Honeymoon

Colorado Aug 4, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Hi, we are looking at eloping to Colorado in May 15- 21st. Since this is our first trip to Colorado, I need help deciding what area we need stay and tour. What I am thinking is Durango- Mesa Verde, train ride to Silverton, Million Dollar Hwy, Black Canyon,- Any Suggestion?? Or Estes Park- RMNP, Trail Ridge Road, and would love to see Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods but not sure about their driving distances?? Maybe there is other things to do in the area? I'm also having really hard time finding a little chapel or somewhere in either area that just does just a simple bride groom elopement ceremony. Any help with this would be appreciated!!! Thanks

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 4:10 AM
    • Honeymoon in the mountains

Colorado Aug 1, 2015 at 6:41 PM

I am looking for some advice on what area would make the best wedding and honeymoon in Colorado. Durango or Estes Park? I seem to be having a hard time finding places that offer weddings at a very reasonable price for just the 2 of us in the Durango area. Any suggestion? Which area would make the best honeymoon when it comes to things to tour and get out and see? Would like suggestions to add to things to do. Durango- Mesa Verde, train ride to Silverton, Black Canyon, Million Dollar Hwy, Canon Land, Arches National Park? Or Estes Park- RMNP, Red Rocks, Trail Ridge Road, other suggestions please!!! We are thinking of traveling in April and will be staying 4 days. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

3 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 1:20 PM