Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Border crossing

Colombia Aug 2, 2016 at 6:07 AM

Hi, I would like some informations about the safety of the Colombia-Ecuador border crossing. Is it better to travel daytime only and is there different bus company travelling that area.

4 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 10:12 AM
    • Saturday28's Profile Photo

Colombia Info

Colombia Jul 22, 2016 at 9:55 AM

Hi I am thinking of visiting Colombia soon ( first time visitor)  I have no real solid info about Colombia just bits of chit chat, most of it negative . I would like to have a clear perspective in order to help with my decision to visit there. I am wondering about accomodation ( not hotel) if there are homestays , volunteer vacations or any similar safe clean simple and quiet form of accomodation . Which city is considered the best to visit first and safe locations within the cities. I am interested in activities such as theatre , historical sites , cultural things  , language learning and natural things . I prefer staying where the airport is esaily accessible  or where there is safe easy and reliable transport to places of interest .

Thank you very much .

6 Answers Jul 24, 2016 at 6:57 AM
    • Bogota Dangers and Colombia travel

Bogotá Jun 22, 2016 at 11:23 PM

What should a tourist be worried and/or cautious about when traveling to Bogota and Colombia in general? Also, any information on places to see, best/safest ways to transport around Colombia (especially up to cities on the North coast), good places to stay (more than likely hostels), etc?

2 Answers Jun 23, 2016 at 5:38 AM
    • Armenia to salento

Armenia Jun 7, 2016 at 7:10 AM

Best way to get from northern part of Armenia to salento

• Barranquilla

Barranquilla Apr 21, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Hi Quick Question. Ive never been to Barranquilla in Colombia. I will be going there shortly and I am looking for the best tourist areas to hang out.. I want places similar to the Colonial town in Cartagena ect with tourists shops cafes restaurants and still a tourist attraction.. Any suggestions people?

• Bus from Popayán to Pitalito (San Agustín)

Colombia Apr 11, 2016 at 6:47 AM

Hi VT

Have any of you recently done this route by bus? How long did it take and how was the road? I tend to get carsick when the roads are too winding..

• Alechter's Profile Photo

Early evening transport

Pereira Mar 27, 2016 at 3:33 PM

I plan on traveling from Pereira to Salento around 6:30pm towards my hostel. I called them because they offer a private driver service and I was told to use it would cost ~$45 USD. This seems absurdly expensive and I feel like I am being exploited since apparently the buses do not travel that late to Salento. Is there another way to reach Salento from Pereira at that hour?

Early evening transport

Salento Mar 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM

I plan on traveling from Pereira to Salento around 6:30pm towards my hostel. I called them because they offer a private driver service and I was told to use it would cost ~$45 USD. This seems absurdly expensive and I feel like I am being exploited since apparently the buses do not travel that late to Salento. Is there another way to reach Salento from Pereira at that hour?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2016 at 6:20 AM

Getting immunizations in Colombia

Medellín Mar 25, 2016 at 10:02 AM

I plan on trekking south from Medellin, Colombia all the way down to Patagonia but before I do this I wanted to get some immunizations (yellow fever, typhoid, hepatitis, malaria etc.). Is there anywhere that foreigners can go in Medellin to receive all these shots?

4 Answers Apr 7, 2016 at 5:43 AM
    • tratoria's Profile Photo

hotel in San Andres

Isla de San Andrés Feb 10, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Hi, I am looking info to fly from San Andres to Providencia? please let me know the ticket prices, flight days, schedules, airlines and where may I buy the tickets? thanks a lot for your help.

1 Answer Feb 10, 2016 at 2:04 PM
    • cochinjew's Profile Photo

Mompós Jan 16, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Any one going MOMPOS way at the end of February 2016?
      is it best to go from Cartagena or Bucuramanga? with least amount of transfers?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2016 at 1:46 PM
    • Mosquito Repellent

Colombia Jan 15, 2016 at 8:25 AM

Hi, My friend is currently in Colombia for a few months but hasn't taken enough Jungle Formula mosquito repellent with her. As there is a very nasty flu being caught from mosquito bites in Colombia right now she is using up what she took with her very fast. Can anyone recommend the best repellent which she could buy from a pharmacy in Colombia please. She is in Barranquilla at the moment. Thank you so much for any suggestions.

5 Answers Jan 25, 2016 at 8:36 AM
    • Time of arrival

Parque Tayrona Dec 26, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Until what Time would you recommend to get to Parque Tayrona. Is 6pm too late? Thanks!

1 Answer Dec 27, 2015 at 5:32 AM
    • Late night transfer Bogota - Airport to bus station

Colombia Dec 20, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Hello - For economical reasons only! I am looking at a cheap air ticket from the States that arrives at 1:15 am in Bogota. I would transfer to a bus to Cali, they leave every hour. These would be the less comfortable buses, but I do not remember the name of the company (perhaps each company has its own bus station). Is this an insane idea - aside from the incredible fatigue involved - for an older gringa traveling alone? Could one simply take a controlled taxi from the airport to the bus station, or is it more complicated and more problematic in terms of security than that? Thanks, Jean

2 Answers Dec 20, 2015 at 11:14 AM
    • Distance, transportation, lodging Medellin - Santa Fe de Antioquia Diablitos festival

Colombia Dec 20, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi. I see different opinions online, and there might be a new road that is not taken into account in previous posts. There is a nice festival the last week in December in Santa Fe. How feasible would be a day trip by public transportation to see it? Are there night buses? Sometimes the best stuff happens at night. Does anyone know of a cheap decent hotel or hostel? only has expensive places. And, to conclude, any idea of the most exuberant days? thanks, Jean

• Barranquilla safe neighbourhoods to stay

Barranquilla Dec 12, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Which parts are safe or unsafe to stay ? I am woman travelling solo. I was looking at a place that is somewhere between San Vicente, La Campina and Nuevo Horizonte. Is that safe if I was walking from there towards Via 40 (Carnaval) day and night?
      Thank you

• Cali neighborhoods

Colombia Dec 9, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Hi - Soon I should be changing Cambodia for Colombia! hah! Looking forward despite fatigue! I would like to fly in after Christmas with the family in the States for the Feria in Cali. I am looking at airbnb homestays and rentals. I have a nice choice but I do not know the town. I see neighborhoods mentioned like Miraflores and San Antonio. What would be a good location for easy access to the feria? and in general? (for the latter, San Antonio for one seems good). I am an older woman traveling alone, a bit weary but still intrepid. However I do need good public transportation access. Thanks, Jean

2 Answers Dec 10, 2015 at 7:20 AM
    • What to do in Cartgena between Christmas and New Years day.

Cartagena Oct 31, 2015 at 5:14 AM

I'll be in Cartagena alone between Dec.27 and Jan. 1.
      What events or attractions should I see?

7 Answers Nov 2, 2015 at 2:08 PM
    • Meet People in Bogota

Bogotá Oct 26, 2015 at 1:03 AM

Hi all,

I (27) will be travelling alone to Bogota on November 19th until November 21st.
      Is anybody there (maybe travelling alone as well) and wants to visit the city together?

Cheers, Louisa

• Gay nightlife

Cartagena Oct 19, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Any gay life in Cartagena during the night? Taking a cruise with Celebrity and we will stay one night in this city. Any recomendations?

1 Answer Oct 20, 2015 at 4:02 PM
    • Colombian leather

Bogotá Oct 19, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Where in Bogota can I buy a leather laptop bag

2 Answers Nov 5, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    • Popayan San Agustin

Popayán Oct 16, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Has anyone been on the road from popayan to San Agustin lately ? Is it paved ? And is it safe to drive on during the day ? And how long is the drive ? Thanks for any info !

• hang's Profile Photo

Baranqilla carnival 2016

Colombia Sep 28, 2015 at 9:26 AM

carnival 06. feb- 9. feb 2016

i will spend then only 2 days in Baranqilla...

-which days is best to see carnival?
      --on which streets of Baranqilla is main parade/ main activitys ?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2015 at 12:18 AM
    • Area to Stay

Bogotá Sep 25, 2015 at 8:36 PM

I will be staying in Bogota with my wife for two nights in December. This would be our first visit. Where should we stay? What should we do?

5 Answers Jun 17, 2016 at 6:05 AM
    • Hourly Taxi Rate

Cartagena Sep 14, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Is it safe to hire a taxi tour at the cruise port?
      Hourly rate?

Many thanks

1 Answer Sep 14, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    • Bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena

Cartagena Sep 14, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Looking for bus prices and company names from Santa Marta to Cartagena, no door to door service like marsol

1 Answer Sep 14, 2015 at 3:41 PM
    • Colombian Money

Medellín Aug 31, 2015 at 4:15 PM

do Colombian money are counterfeiting?

1 Answer Aug 31, 2015 at 4:31 PM
    • trip to armenia

Armenia Aug 30, 2015 at 12:26 PM

Hey guys I'm travelling to armenia soon
      Can someone please tell me about night life and strip clubs and about some old views or places to enjoy
      And of course some relaxing places

2 Answers Aug 30, 2015 at 12:55 PM
    • cochinjew's Profile Photo

Bogota, Colombia

Bogotá Aug 11, 2015 at 7:26 PM

I arrive at El dorado at 1 pm on Sunday and leave 9 am for Leticia.
      is it better to stay at a hotel like Aloft near the airport or at Hilton downtown? Does the time frame leave much to see or walk around? Candaleria por ejemplo?
      Thank you

3 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    • No Question Title

Cartagena Aug 11, 2015 at 2:46 PM

No Question Text

3 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 9:40 AM