change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alectrevor's Profile Photo

Time to walk to high force waterfall

Durham Oct 22, 2016 at 3:32 AM

Is two hours enough time to walk from main road to High Force waterfall and back,?

• Canterbury coach station to Northern France

Canterbury Oct 10, 2016 at 12:18 AM

Which places in Northern France can you get to from Canterbury coach station ?
      Which coach companies operate there ?

• heathrow to reading

London Oct 5, 2016 at 2:54 PM

1. how do I travel heathrow to reading.
      2. is there sightseeing companies from reading to london and back to Reading
      3. what hotel you would recommend in Reading. 4* +

• Travelling with expired h1b and valid i797

Heathrow Yesterday

I am planned to travel in 2 days with spouse and kid from Los Angeles to Delhi via heathrow.
      My h1b visa expired in feb16.
      I have got valid i797 approved till 2018.
      Do i need transit visa?
      Can i get it at check in at Los Angeles at the time of travel?
      What all i can do if British airways denies me entry?
      M an Indian citizen.

• Confused about bus vs heathrow connect option

Heathrow Yesterday

I have an international flight arriving at terminal 3. I will have only carry on baggage. I will need to transfer to terminal 4 to catch a flight to Malta from another carrier (no affiliations with first flight). I will have my boarding pass to go to Malta.

I am confused as to options. I have read to follow purple signs marked "flight connections" and catch a bus that will take me to terminal 4. I have also read to make my way to Heathrow Connect and take this to Terminal 4.

Questions: where do you catch the connecting bus and it that something different from the central bus station shown on the terminal 3 map?

Do I follow a different sign (not the purple flight connection sign) to take the Heathrow Connect?

For a time crunch, what is the better option?

I know that I will need to go through security at the new terminal but will I need to go through passport control?

Thank you.

• Heathrow transit

Heathrow Oct 23, 2016 at 1:15 PM

My wife is due to transit heathrow airport when she flies from Moscow to Shannon. Is there a border control between terminal 5 and terminal 2. I understand from the UK government website that a transit visa is not required if passengers do not pass through border control. However, British Airways insist that a transit visa is required. She will have bags checked to final destination in Moscow, so she expects to make a direct airside transit. Can you enlighten me please?
      Kind regards, David.

• Stansted to London, sightseeing 2-4-1, London to Luton airport

London Oct 15, 2016 at 12:58 PM

We (1 adult and another 20 year student from EU ) are staying in London for last 7 days of January 2017, hotel is near Paddington station.

Now I am looking for best transfer between airports, transportation in London city, to WB Studio London (Euston -> Watford Junction), journey to Oxford or maybe somewhere else and sightseeing (free museums and 2-4-1 offers.)

Our Ryanair flight lands to Stansted on 25th January (Wed) 7.30am, and we fly back from Luton on January 31th 16:30 (Tue). So I'd like some advice on these things:

1. How much time will we need in Stansted when we arrive to go from the plane to shuttle stop (bus or train)? Considering queues, passport checking (we are from EU), is airport very busy in these morning hours? Coach companies recommend to leave 1 hour, will it be enough? For example, in Paris Beauvais airport walking from plane to shuttle bus took us less than 10min, but France is in Schengen Area, and UK not :/.

2. And flying back, it is recommended to be in Luton airport 2 hours before flight. With construction works going on in Luton, will it be enough? I read about huge traffic congestion to enter airport teritory and people leaving vehicles and going on foot miles not to miss the flight and some missing it. Can I trust coach companies written arrival time, will traffic situation be better in January? Or shortly, what time should I be in Luton airport, if Ryanair flight is 16:30.

Now coaches and trains

3. Infamous Easybus. In their website, I even found tickets for ~ 2-3~4£ (for two persons to and back it was around 12£ - similar to single shuttle ticket price) and 60min early/late availibility to board a coach. But do there exist people who were satisfied with Easybus services (whose bus came on time or just came, not full, and didn't have to take taxi to Airport). I heard that Easybus sell tickets to National express coaches, but the price is really lower than National Express. Do National Express tickets buyers have priority or something to Easybus buyers when bus arrives? (If arrives :D). Is there someone who had good experience with easy bus?

4. National Express. I found "funny fares" from Stansted for £5 but if I correctly understand if we are late or early due to flight, we couldn't take other bus. (+£5 for ability to have flexible times makes me want to use Stansted Express train advance tickets for £8 (available 30days before). Stansted express ticket is available that day all hours?).

National Express tickets from London to Luton airport on January 31 are for 12-13 pounds which are not very tempting. And these amendable but not refundable tickets, you have to amend the hour of travelling online in the website, you can't just board other bus which arrived in the place? Or what? How is National Express reliability?

5. I saw Stansted Citylink to St. Pancras (£8) and Greenline to Luton (£10) coaches. Do they have flexible times, if we are late/early? And reliability? (Terravision resells these tickets as Easybus does with National Express :D)

6. And lastly, I'd very much like a train to Luton airport. As we'll live in Paddington neighbourhood, I think to depart from St Pancras railway station. I saw that there are different train companies (Thameslink and East Midlands). Which would be better? Will we have to be on exact hour, or will ticket be valid all day (like Stansted express train)? And there is a bus from Luton railway station parkway to Luton airport, how long does it take, I hope it won't make us late to the flight if there is traffic congestion :(. I searched for train prices in this website: https:/… It now says £15,50 for a single ticket, but 12 weeks before journey there will be cheaper advance tickets. Does anyone know how much advance train tickets to Luton will be cheaper? And will they be tied to exact hour and minute or could I choose a time to board the train myself? I couldn't find this to make comparison to other means of transport.

7. When I'll get to central London, I plan to buy 7day paper travelcard 1-2 zone from railway station to use 2-4-1 offers. But if I had Stansted express and train to Luton tickets, they would qualify for 2-4-1, right? So maybe 7day travelcard loaded on Oyster card would be better planning to go Watford Junction (WB Studio London). I guess I'll go there on Saturday to avoid peak/off peak pricing. How long before does WB announce their tickets, it's not available yet. P.S. I read about cheap decoy train tickets, but maybe I'll do without them.

8. Living near Paddington, what attractions I could reach on foot and how much time it would take in realistic thinking? We don't have problem with walking, but if raining prefer not to get much wet :D. So transport card will be needed.

9. From 2-4-1 offers my favourites are Tower of London and London Zoo. P.S. How is London Zoo in winter, are all animals available to see? What else are worth of visiting (not tourist rip-offs) from offers? I am planning to visit Natural History, British, Science, V&A, National Gallery museums and to escape possible bad weather. How queues to the museums will be in late January. :)

So my main question is: what is the best budget- wise transport from Stansted and after seven days to Luton airport? The one reliable which won't make us miss our flight . And which hour to choose according to flight times?

P.S. Sorry for such a long post, I just had to put my thoughts into written words. And thanks very much for your answers.

• Heathrow Central Station to Hoppa - disabled passenger

Heathrow Yesterday

My relative, who has limited mobility, will be travelling by coach to the Heathrow Bus Station, taking the Hotel Hoppa bus from stops 9 or 10, staying in a hotel for the night, then flying from T2 the next day. Whilst my relative is able to walk, she cannot do so for long distances or with luggage.

I am concerned that she will have difficulty getting from her coach to the Hoppa bus stop, and then from the Hoppa bus stop to T2 Departures. I emailed the Heathrow special assistance team and received an unhelpful automated response. National Express have not yet responded. There is a Help Point with a telephone inside the Central Bus Station, but I'm not sure of the kind of assistance that can be provided.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Boxing Day Travel

London Yesterday

I have a flight coming in heathrow on Boxing Day at 7am. Need to go through customs but not checking baggage. What is the fastest way to get to Stansted airport on this day?

• Sharonov's Profile Photo

Taxi from Moreton in marsh to Chipping Campden

Chipping Campden Sep 27, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Does twenty pounds sound reasonable? And yes I have the links to the taxis already but they seem to be connected.

• wmeylia75's Profile Photo

Is it allowed and possible to bring big luggage on our rail trip to Edinburgh from London?

London Oct 16, 2016 at 3:07 AM

We are planning to visit Scotland from London this coming December 2016. My itinerary will be start in London on my first arrival, then on the 3rd day, I'm planning to go to Edinburgh by train for 5-6 days and I'm just wondering if is it possible to bring my big luggage about 24" and cabin luggage with me in the train to Edinburgh? or should I just leave the big luggage in the left luggage in London station? since this is my first visit to UK and Scotland, so it would be so appreciated if anyone can give us advise or suggestion for this matter. Thank you so much for your help.

• Transport from Airport

London Oct 17, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Hi All,

Wondering the best(cheapest and easiest) way of getting from Heathrow Airport to our Hotel in London?

We will be arriving at 6pm on Boxing Day too if that effects anything..

• How does my 4 days itinerary review sound?

London Yesterday

Hi there

Me and my partner are planning to go to London next year in Feb and we have already purchased the 3 Days London pass which seems a good value given we intend to go to some attractions more than it would have costed us to pay for. This is the London Pass i.e.

We intend to go to the following attractions
      - Tower Of London
      - Hop on/hop off bus tour
      - Thames River Boat Cruise
      - Westmintser Abbey
      - London Bridge Experience
      - Tower Bridge Exhibition
      - Windsor Castle
      - Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum
      - Wimbledon Tour Experience

Will depart from HK & arrive Heathrow @ 5am and have already booked the Airbnb near Waterloo station (around 10 min walk). I assume we will arrive at place for check in at 7:30am given early in the morning (correct me if I am wrong) as I assume the waiting in the immigration may be less in early morning and that it takes an hour to arrive to the property? The host is very flexible for check in and allowed me to go as early as I wanted.

So here is my rough itinerary plan and let me know what you guys think

Day 1 (Friday) - Check in say @ 7:30am. Drop off the luggage and off we head to our first day trip

We will head for London Hop On bus tour. Now I need to get/redeem the ticket to get activated. Given I am staying in Waterloo (near Archbishop Park/Herclues street around Lambeth North train station to be precise), so therefore where is the closest place I need to get to redeem the ticket given I am not familar with the place as we have a choice on the following places:

11a Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0EP
      or bus stops @:
      Duncannon Street St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Stop G
      Park Lane Southbound Park Lane, Southbound, Coach stop at Marble Arch
      Aldwych West arm, Tourist Stop, Outside No. 1
      Kings Cross St Pancras Road, Bus Stop T
      Tooley Street Tourist stop, opposite London Bridge Experience 7 Tower Hill Tourist bus stop, opposite Tower Hill Station
      Tower Hill Tourist bus stop, opposite Tower Hill Station
      Parliament Square Stop C, HM Treasury
      York Road North of Chichley Street

As I assume the bus tour starts at 9am, will ride around and then go to as in order (please correct me if I am going in the wrong order or whatever it suits the route best!)

1) RIDE AND GET OFF @ Westminster Abbey

2) Buckingham Palace (Hopefully we can see the change of guard @ 11:30am if weather permits and if that is the time that starts)

3) Tower Of London

4) Tower Bridge

4) London Bridge Experience

5) Borough Market (as I am aware it closes at 5pm, hopefully we can get there by 4pm to stroll around). This is NOT a MUST though

I assume they will all be finished before the attraction closing time average @ 5pm?

Day 2 (Saturday) - This is where it gets challenging! We want to go to Windsor Castle, Wimbledom Museum & the Wimbledon Tour experience. I would like to ask for your suggestion. Do you think we can go half day in WC and then go to Wimbledom afterwards? Or do you think it is too rush and requires a day to tour in WC? Because if so, we might have to sacrafice the Wimbledom and can go on the next day.

As I assume that weekend is counted as OFF PEAK all day for train/tube?

Because we got a London Pass, we can get FREE travel from Paddington to Windsor Castle, so we will catch the train from Waterloo to Paddington @ around 8:30am. Then from Paddington, we show our London Pass to the train staff & then we can get free travel to WC (according to the London Pass benefit) transferring in Slough. Assuming we arrive at 9:30am. How many hours you think is required to go to the whole castle as well as having a walk in Eton and maybe take a boat ride on the French Brothers boat? Because if you tell me "well, its going to take you the whole day", then like said, we will not go to Wimbledon or otherwise feel free to advice what time is good to take the train from Windsor Eton train station?

Day 3 (Sunday) - Continuing with my London Pass, we can go:
      1) Thames River Boat Cruise starting @ 8:30am - ride for 1-2 hours round trip and I assume it finishes at Waterloo? Correct me if I am wrong.
      2) Have brunch
      3) Take train from Waterloo to Wimbledon tour & museum departing around 12pm.
      4) Finish at 3 or 4pm? Return back to London

SUGGESTION AT NIGHT for dinner?

Day 4: (Monday) Because my London Pass expires, I can go freely without any worries as in order:
      1) London Eye
      2) Big Ben
      3) St. Paul's Cathedral (not a MUST)
      4) Chinatown

PLUS ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS for the day/night?

Day 5: Leave Heathrow airport for the 12:15pm flight. PS: What is the time recommeded to travel off peak to avoid rush hour from Waterloo station? 7:30am or 8am is ok?

Sorry for the long message and would be appreciated for your comments and suggestions!

• Travelling to Welling, UK from which London airport

London Oct 7, 2016 at 2:52 AM

I am travelling to Welling, London in Jan 2017 from Dublin with family. I would like to know from which London airport, I could catch a direct train to Welling train station, if this option is available.

Otherwise what are my options?

• Matty000's Profile Photo

Car Hire UK Avis or Hertz

England Oct 23, 2016 at 9:18 PM

We are touring around the UK and plan on hiring a small car. We have narrowed our search down to either Avis or Hertz. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?
      We plan to pick up from York and drop off at Dover.
      Thank you

• HDHansen's Profile Photo

transport between Heathrow and Cornwall

England Sep 29, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Besides driving, what are some good ways to get from Heathrow to Zennor in Cornwall?

• wmeylia75's Profile Photo

Which 3 or 4 stars hotel nearby Kings Cross Station?

London Oct 19, 2016 at 6:59 AM

Hi, I need some advises for hotels nearby Kings Cross station that is clean, quite new but reasonable price and reachable by walk distance to Kings Cross station, and if possible with luggage storage facilities.
      Is The Nadler Kensington / Nadler Victoria hotel quite close to Kings Cross train station?
      Thank you beforehand for your help.

• Matty000's Profile Photo

Where to drop hire car traveling Dover to St Pancras station

England Oct 22, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Hello All, We are touring around the UK with a hire car and would like to see Dover. We will then be traveling to Paris via Eurostar from St Pancras. Can you please suggest drop off locations (outside congestion zone) for our hire car to get back to St Pancras via train. Will most likely be hiring a car with Hertz. Thanks

• Adam_uk's Profile Photo

Where to go before evening ferry from Harwich

by Adam_uk Online Now Sep 23, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Hi and thanks in advance for your time!

Towards the end of October, I'm going to be coming by car from southern England to Harwich to catch an overnight ferry to Holland. I'm going to have some time to kill from probably 1pm to around 7.30pmish, as I think check-in starts at 8pm. I'm thinking of going to Colchester zoo in the afternoon then to the Waterfront restaurant, Lower Marine Parade, Harwich then to the port to check-in.

My main concerns are the weather could turn out to be terrible, with the zoo turning out to be a bad idea, especially at this time of year. I have looked at information on Colchester itself and it looks pretty from what I can tell, but am unsure if I could spend so much time there around shops, etc.

I'm looking for options in the event of bad weather. I'm fairly open minded as to where to go, as long as it's not too far from the A12 (15-20 minutes or thereabouts) or A120.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated and sorry for the length of this!

4 Answers Sep 24, 2016 at 2:16 PM
    • buses on sundays

by tesco2172 Online Now Jul 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM

are there any buses from colchester main train station to colchester bus station on sundays

1 Answer Jul 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM
    • 2 days in Kent

by rhonambenson Online Now Apr 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM

We are travelling in a party of 4 and have 2 days to tour Whitstable and surrounds by rental car, before boarding a cruise ship to St Petersburg from Harwich. Any ideas of where we should spend the 2 nights or how and where we should spend the time
      Hope someone can give an idea or two. Also we would like to pick up a car at Heathrow Airport any suggestions which car hire company to us.

2 Answers Apr 23, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    • Colchester this weekend?

by Casdertysch Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 5:19 AM

Hi there,

Flying to Stansted with a group o' lads from Ireland from Wednesday to Sunday (basically on the beer) and was wondering if we should go for Colchester or just head down to London?

Is there enough to keep 12 lads entertained in Colchester for 4 nights or will we just follow the crowd?

3 Answers Feb 25, 2008 at 5:09 PM
    • Looking for a flat to rent near the B&Q

by cooljacky Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 5:04 PM

Hello,Im Looking for a (whole) flat to

rent in June ,it has to be near the B&Q

,Univesity, area such as

Ballantyne Drive ,Quayside

Drive,Cleveland Court or

Hesper road. we are looking

for a nice home and would like

to deal with landlord directly.

we dont mind if it is