Cocos (Keeling) Islands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Itinerary help

Myanmar (Burma) 2 hours ago

Here is what I am plannig so far. Any suggestions are welcome, only arrival and departure is set.

Day 1: Arriving to Yangon at 11:30am. See Yangon. Night in Yangon

Day 2: Fly to Heho at 8am. Drive to Pindaya – Kalaw. Light trek in Kalaw for a few hours (if not time, do it next morning). Any advice on how to arrange a car from the airport?

Day 3: Drive to Inle. Boat trip on Inle

Day 4: take a boat to Indein

Day 5: take 9:25am flight to Mandalay, arriving at 10am. Right from the airport get a car (taxi?) and go to Innwa, Sagaing, Amapura, if have time to Mingun - can someone recommend a driver/guide? Not sure where to find one in the airport.

Day 6: Mingun (if not the day before), Mandalay (Mahamuni Pagoda , Mandalay Hill , Kuthodaw Pagoda , Shwenandaw Monastery). Take afternoon bus to Bagan

Day 7: Bagan

Day 8: Bagan (Mt.Popa? read negative reviews about it. If not, then what?)

Day 9: morning flight out of Bagan to Sittwe (Mrauk U part is already set).

I am not so sure about 2 days in Bagan. All agents are saying that one full day in Bagan itself is more than enough. If not going to Mt.Popa I can spend this day somewhere else, but where? Third day on the lake seems like too much and I would have seen everything in Mandalay. Or, maybe use that day to go to Pyin Oo Lwyn instead?

Another option is to skip Mandalay surroundings and go from Mandalay to Pyin Oo Lwyn and Hsipaw. Not sure if it makes any sense.

• last 2 night splurge

Lombok 2 hours ago

Looking for a beautiful hotel on the beach for our last 2 nights on Lombok celebrating birthdays and anniversary. I am looking at Tugu and Qunci villas. I love a beautiful beach and the beach at Tugu looks nicer than Qunci Villa. Advice and any other suggestions would be great. Thanks

• Places and resorts in Wayanad

State of Kerala 4 hours ago

I like to explore Wayanad next month with my friends(a team of 5 members). Can anybody suggest me the best places to see? Also like to know about the activities like hiking & trekking in Wayanad. Kindly suggest me a good budget resort to stay as well. I prefer a plantation resort or a guest house in forest. Please help.

• Behi's Profile Photo

a sacred place

Uzbekistan Oct 26, 2016 at 7:20 AM

I have a off topic question from Followers from Central Asian countries, west China, or Afghanistan or Pakistan.
      would you please help me to find any myth, legend etc. about a lady who disappeared/ swallowed/ devoured in/by earth/mountain in mentioned regions?
      that lady might be a young religious lady who run away from enemies and take refuge in a mountain where yet might be religious place or not

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Time taken to travel by car from Hyderabad airport to Wall Street Plaza, Begumpet

Hyderabad Oct 25, 2016 at 11:33 PM

Can anyone please advise the estimated time taken to travel by taxi or car from Hyderabad airport to Begumpet? Is it one hour? I arrive at Hyderabad airport at 3.25 pm and want to go to Trujet Head Office at Wall Street Plaza on 9 December before 5 pm.

• sneakersnstilettos's Profile Photo

Van rental (with driver)

Bacolod Oct 3, 2016 at 2:44 AM

Hi, any idea how much would van rental (with driver) cost? Details as follows:
      1. Date: Oct 10 (Mon)

-One (1) day rental , within Bacolod city only

2. 6-10pax

3. Package inclusive of fuel/gas? meals of driver? If not, kindly advise how much should we budget for these.

Naga van rental (with driver)

Naga Oct 3, 2016 at 2:39 AM

1. Naga-Manila-Naga

Depart Naga: Nov 3 (Thu), 12nn
      Depart Manila: Nov 6 (Sun), 12nn

2. 6-10pax

3. Package inclusive of fuel/gas? meals, and accommodation for driver? If not, kindly advise how much should we budget for these.

Van Rental (Baguio-Manila-Baguio)

Baguio Oct 3, 2016 at 2:24 AM

1. Baguio-Manila-Baguio

Depart Baguio: Nov 3 (Thu), 12nn

Depart Manila: Nov 6 (Sun), 12nn

2. 6-10pax

3. Package inclusive of fuel/gas? meals, and accommodation for driver? If not, kindly advise how much should we budget for these.

• price for a car + driver

India Oct 2, 2016 at 7:36 AM

We want to go from Aurangabad to Bijapur with a car + driver and drop.
      Which price could we expect for a normal car (2 or 3 persons)

Many thanks

• Tailor for suit

Hong Kong Oct 25, 2016 at 11:52 AM

We will be staying at the Ritz Carlton and would like to have a suit made for my husband. Any suggestions for a tailor nearby?

• El Nido to Coron private tour in mid-November 2016

El Nido Oct 24, 2016 at 5:33 AM

Hi there!

Together with my wife (both 28 years old) we are coming to Palawan to spend a little time there and do some islandhopping tours. There are many public offers, however my dream is to make a private tour, as it is much more exciting and can be just the same price if you form a group.

We are staying in El Nido town until more or less 14th November 2016 and then wanted to take a tour to Coron Town as we have a flight from Busuanga airport on 18th in the morning. We plan making a 3-4 days trip around 14-17 November from El Nido to Coron, visiting Linapacan etc. Price depends on the number of people, but even in two couples it could cost like 5000 PHP per person, so not so much for spending so much time at the sea (bearing in mind ferry El Nido - Coron costs 1800 PHP).

The idea arise from the site islandhoppinginthephilippine... where you can get many information about such private tours (you will see my request there).

If you fancy such tour let's get together and go for adventure!

Michal from Poland

• safety to kalam and naran

Bad Swat Oct 22, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Dear I wish to travel to Naran but i also have choice to visit Kalam so if somebody can help me with the answer for the following question i would really appreciate..
      1) Which area is more beautiful Kalam or Naran?
      2) Which place has unsafe roads going to Naran or going to Kalam in term of road conditions, heavy traffic, land sliding, slippery roads and opposite side rush driving, and how is road safety?
      3) Is Mid of April ok to visit these places will there be heavy rain or snow i want to go when roads are mostly dry?
      4) How are hotels in both places, quality wise, expensive wise?
      5) Very important question normal driver having experience on plane road can drive on these curved roads?
      6) Automatic corolla will be enough to drive on these roads?
      7) How much in KM is kalam from Pesh and are there petrol pumps available on normal interval?

Please answer these question i hope you people will help me

• Goa places to stay

India Oct 21, 2016 at 2:38 AM

Hi everyone, I will be going with my partner to goa on the 2nd of January for around a week. Any places you recommend to sleep at?

• HelenR31's Profile Photo

Visa and emergency passport advice for Brit travelling on an ETD

India Oct 20, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Visa from Indian Embassy in HCMC
      by HelenR31

21 minutes ago
      Hi there, I'm a UK citizen and I had my passport and wallet stolen in HCMC. I've now got an emergency passport and am in the process of getting all the visas I need for my onward journey.

However I'm a bit confused... My flight back to the UK involves a one and a half hour stop over in Delhi to change planes. On the UK gov site it says that people travelling on an ETD ( emergency passport) need a visa and TWO ETD's - one to enter Delhi and one to leave Delhi. I'm having trouble finding out if this is true as I've had no reply to my emails and can't get through on the phone to the Indian Embassy. Can anyone help?

• Catering for wedding

Bali Oct 19, 2016 at 2:06 PM

Hi all I am looking for recommendations for catering companies for my Bali wedding next July .. I am looking for great quality food cheers Lisa

• Drifting ice

Sapporo Oct 19, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Is it worth to plan walking on drifting ice or is it just a tourist trap?

• VOA to shenzhen

Shenzhen Oct 18, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Hi, I am Indonesian. I will go to Shenzhen via Hongkong in December 2016 with my family,
      is Visa On Arrival (VOA) still available?
      Please kindly advise . Thanks.

• How many days to spend in Senaru

Senaru Oct 18, 2016 at 8:06 AM

We are not climbing and want to hike the waterfall and visit local villages. We have a reservation at Rinjani Lodge for 1 night but wondered if I should stay 2 nights. Is there enough to do if you are not a climber?

• travel to Luang Namtha

Kunming Oct 18, 2016 at 3:22 AM

In December we would like to travel from Kunming to Luang Namtha. To save time, we would like to hire a car and driver. Does anybody know approximate cost, time of travel and possible companies to contact please.
      Many thanks

Bandung Oct 18, 2016 at 2:56 AM

• Cheap Quiet Meditation Retreat Place ?

Asia Oct 16, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Hi, I would like to do a personal meditation retreat somewhere inexpensive.
      Would prefer not to go to anything organised like ashram as I have my own practice.
      Perhaps somebody knows of a particular guest house somewhere which is reasonably clean and not expensive.
      Doesn't need to be near any parties, people, crowds or bars, or anywhere popular.
      Somewhere rural or coastal for some nice walking or forests without tigers would be great.
      Countries with reasonable 3 month visas would be good and not in freezing mountains.
      Budget as cheap as possible, but a clean single room.
      Up to £7 / $8.5 a day including food etc...
      If anyone has stumbled upon a place I would be grateful to know it.

• danishtraveller's Profile Photo

TCM or Healer in Bali

Bali Oct 13, 2016 at 7:59 AM

Can anyone recommend a very good healer or TCM practitioner in Bali. I have an old injury that continues to seriously bother me.

• job visa process

Malaysia Oct 13, 2016 at 3:17 AM

I got an offer letter from a Malaysian employer and its 2 year contract

Now I am waiting for work pass approval from Malaysia
      How long is the process time?
      Does we need to do medical examination for these type of visa?

Technical engineering role job

• Yorrajiv's Profile Photo

Reaching McLeodgunj

McLeod Ganj Oct 11, 2016 at 4:53 AM

Is it safe to start from Pathankot for McLeodgunj late in the evening? I'm taking Himgiri Express, which often reaches Pathankot very late.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

type of power outlets/plugs

Vietnam Oct 9, 2016 at 11:32 PM

I have read that the most common one is the two pin flat or round but also three pins are used to. In North Vietnam guest houses which ones would be the most common?