change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SherryM16's Profile Photo

Get Nerdio Uber - Free ride?

Chicago Aug 24, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Has anyone here tried the free Uber ride from Nerdio here in Chicago? Heard from a pal that they also offer door-to-door Uber (with IT consultation, etc.) all for free. Has anyone tried it? Is it really free? Thanks!

more
    • Trailhead to trailhead shuttle

Glacier National Park Aug 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Is it possible to arrange a shuttle from trailhead to trailhead to close the loop on a backpacking trip? Thinking I want a ride for two from Kintla Lake back to Waterton Park trailhead.

more
    • Gyms/health clubs in Princeville

Kauai Aug 7, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic, but I plan on going to the gym during my Kauai vacation. Will be staying in a condo in Princeville. A google search turns up gyms in Kapaa, but none in Princeville. The nearby hotels require the purchase of a day pass to use their gyms, but it isn't worth the money ($50 - $250/day) considering all I want to do is use the gym. Does anyone know of any gyms in Princeville/Hanalei? Thank you!

more
    • Anything to do in Pt. Kent?

Port Kent Aug 3, 2016 at 6:01 AM

We're in Burlington, VT and thinking of taking the ferry to Pt. Kent without our car. Is there anything to do or see just walking around there that would be worth the trip? Thanks!

more
    • Bridge jumping spots?

Florida Keys Aug 1, 2016 at 9:50 AM

Hello,

I am planning a visit to the Keys soon and was wondering if there are any good/safe spots to do some bridge jumping from? I was told by a friend about the Sugarloaf Key 'Jumping Bridge' location which looks like a great spot, is anyone aware of similar locations, perhaps parts of the old 7-mile bridge?

more
    • Vehicle crossing into US

Laredo Aug 25, 2016 at 9:04 PM

I would like to take a Mexican car into the US at the Laredo border crossing. What paperwork do I need to complete? Any handy hints? The car is not currently registered and is for export from Galveston within 30 days of crossing into the US, which I think is OK under the US temporary import rules.

Also, can I hire a trailer and car in the US and cross into Mexico and back out again to the US, or is this just asking for a world of hurt? I'm not even sure US hire companies would even allow their cars to exit the country, even temporarily!

Cheers

Geoff

more
    • Morgandy14's Profile Photo

National Parks in Alabama

United States of America Aug 15, 2016 at 2:35 AM

Hi all,

Can you give me a few Nat'l Parks, very nice ones, for Alabama? I will be camping the gulf coast this winter.

I like to stick along the shores as much as possible, but don't have to. I am looking for something diverse with marshes, good birding, a lot of beauty. If the are inland, that will have to do.

I understand it will be cold most likely.

Thanks for the help..

more
    • to pier 91 in seattle

Poulsbo Aug 11, 2016 at 1:22 PM

does route 90 go all the way to pier 91?

more
    • Which Dive Site is better

Florida Aug 7, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Looking for some advice.... For snuba and snorkling, which is better? Duck Key or Sombrero Reef

I was looking at doing a charter..

(1) http://www.diveduckkey.com/

Dive Duck Key has their own sites they go to and apparently dont have another dive shop within 10 miles of their shop. Seems the wild life is kinda slack and you mostly see sand and rock.. not much coral and fish etc. I at least gather this info by watching youtube videos of dives at this site. Am I wrong? Is it worth it?

(2) http://www.tildensscubacenter.com/

I was looking at this charter as well which goes to Sombrero Reef. Sombrero Reef seems more lively but is also more packed.

Which one do yall recommend. Thank you

Also we were looking at snorkeling with http://keysdiver.com/index.htm ... the 3 stop trip. Does anyone have any experience with this trip? Thank you

more
    • Places to stay in Destin

Destin Aug 7, 2016 at 6:14 AM

Hi, we're going to Destin next year and I need some suggestions on great places to stay that are walking distance to attractions. Thanks!

more
    • Cheap Designer shoes

New York City 7 hours ago

Hi

Flying over from UK with 17 year old daughter in October. She wants to go Shoe shopping! Can anyone recommend best discount stores for designer shoes (Jimmy Choo's etc). Pref in New York or surrounding boroughs?

Thanks

more
    • New york trip suggestion

New York City Yesterday

Hi Planning a 10 day trip with 18yr old daughter next April. Planning on going to 6 flags. A few questions.
      1. Wud you need two days to do 6 flags ? If so suggestions on hotels beside it.
      2. We have been to nyc before but would like to travel around a bit as in 3 nights Manhattan can you suggest other neighbouring cities to visit.
      Thanks in advance. 

more
    • aortser's Profile Photo

Budget accommodation in Midtown East at New York for one month

New York City Yesterday

Hi,

Does anybody know of any accommodation (not shared bedroom) in Midtown East for the whole month of September 2016

for maximum USD 3,000 besides the ones that can be found at booking.com, tripadvisor.com and airbnb.com?

Thanks

more
    • Ferry from Victoria, VI to Seattle and immigration/customs

Seattle Aug 29, 2016 at 6:13 AM

Hi

Hope someone can advise please? We are travelling from UK to Vancouver Island then want to travel on to Seattle. It looks as though the Clipper Ferry to Seattle would be the most convenient but is this ok from an immigration/customs point of entry into the US?

Many thanks

more
    • Travel Insurance for Round the World Trip

United States of America Aug 23, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good value for money travel insurance which will cover us for 3 days of skiing? Most companies I've found will only do snow sports cover for the whole trip which makes it insanely expensive, especially given we only need the cover for three days out of our 4 week trip.

Any suggestions??

We are based in Australia in case that makes a difference.

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Restaurant near 54th & 6th

New York City Aug 22, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Looking for a recommendation for a restaurant for dinner with clients on Wednesday. Looking for someplace a bit quiet and not packed/rushing with the theater crowd. They will be at the Hilton (54th & 6th) so something near by would be great. Prefer "neutral" food - American, Italian? Thanks!

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

Toll roads?

Portland Aug 17, 2016 at 5:51 PM

We are renting a car in Portland and the car rental agency wants us to rent a PlatePass to pay for tolls where there are no cashiers in the booths. Apparently this is a national trend. Can you tell me if there are many tollroads in the Portland area ?

more
    • Downtown Pittsburgh - for a stay and family time for a weekend.

Pittsburgh Aug 17, 2016 at 8:49 AM

Hi,

Would you have any opinion for a visitor with young adult family members to stay in downtown Pittsburgh to have good time for a weekend vacation? Any comments from frequent travelers or natives of downtown area much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tarun

more
    • Alamitos Beach, between Orange avenue and Cherry

Long Beach Aug 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Is it safe to live in Alamitos between Orange avenue and Cherry street, south of Broadway? I am trying to find a place to live and I was just wondering if this area is safe to live in. I have heard conflicting information on the area and would like to know from someone who lives in Long Beach and knows the area. Thank you!

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

is 5 days too long in Yellowknife in December?

Hawaii (State of) Aug 14, 2016 at 4:15 AM

Hi. My my mom and I will be going to Yellowknife in December hoping to see the northern lights. Initially, we are planning a 5 day trip to maximise our chance to see the lights but now I am having second thoughts if that 5 days is too long especially with -30 to -40 C weather. We will be renting the full winter outfit during our whole stay but I am worried that it won't still be enough to go out for a long period of time even with proper layering. What do you think? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • aortser's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Manhattan for one month from 15 August 2016

New York City Aug 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Hi,

I need to stay for one month in Manhattan from 15 August 2016, preferably at walking distance from UN Plaza.

Do you know about any young workers residence or studios or one bed-room apartments for maximum USD 2,700 for one month stay all expenses included?

Cheers,

Antonio

more
    • to pier 91 in seattle

Poulsbo Aug 11, 2016 at 1:23 PM

does bus route 90 go all the way to pier 91?

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

Need update on the Steel Pier.

Atlantic City Aug 7, 2016 at 7:18 AM

We have $100 worth of ride tickets for the Steel Pier. Can you tell me if there are any rides appropriate for a 2 1/2 yo and a 3 1/2 year old? I just wonder if it's mostly a venue for teens and adults. Also, I have heard that the Pier is in a very run-down condition. Any comments on that?

more
    • Travel Agency for Hawaii

Hawaii (Big Island) Aug 4, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Is Tropicaltravel.net reliable in terms of customer service?

more
    • Drive from Seattle to Glacier National Park

Glacier National Park Aug 1, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Driving from Seattle to GNP in November. Wondering what the road conditions and weather will be like. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • Driving to Cincinnati

by Sharonrites Online Now Dec 28, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Any advice on driving to Cincinnati from CT?

2 Answers Dec 29, 2015 at 5:39 PM
    • am&pm's Profile Photo

Outdoor activities around Cincinnati

by am&pm Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 3:40 PM

If you wanted to do something outdoors in or near Cincinnati involving hiking or walking, where would you go?

3 Answers Mar 30, 2016 at 11:17 AM
    • nightclub in cin

by jolynx3 Online Now Mar 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM

what is a good urban nightclub to go to

• Transportation downtown to King's Island

by rsorley Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM

My son is traveling via megabus to cincinnati, then needs to get to King's Island on a Sunday morning. Is there a bus route to Mason?

1 Answer Jul 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    • Stephanie65's Profile Photo

over night trip

by Stephanie65 Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 9:24 AM

looking for idea for a 50th birthday night special for my husband. Close to Cincinnati to relax and enjoy a night ANY SUGESTIONS

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM
    • Tickets for Eagles concert

by cmarlene Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Is It better to be close to stage seating, but high or back section on floor? I want to purchase tickets for 2 sons and spouses for Christmas presents.

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    • driving choices

by westbird Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

hi, going to cincy this weekend, coming in east on i 74 to go to holiday inn eastgate around 5pm and is south 275 or north 275 or driving into downtow and picking up the road to batavia , which way of those 3 choices is the best way to go , looking at a map it looks like all ways to eastgate from the west look similar, thanks

2 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • Tour guide--Relocating

by marylander36 Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM

My husband and I are considering relocating to Cincinnati.

We are looking for a tour-guide for both a sightseeing and neighborhoods type tour?

Thank you for your help!
      Kim

1 Answer Jun 25, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    • Newport, KY to Cincinnatti

by rgiddings54 Online Now Aug 21, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I'm looking for cheapest transportation from Newport riverfront to greyhound station in Cincinnatti

1 Answer Aug 21, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Help for a weekend - central without car, taxi ok

by nomad7890 Online Now May 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I am meeting a friend in Cincinnati and need to plan a few activites but without a car. Objective is to have some place to chat, while doing a little sight seeing. Would also enjoy attending mass at the St. Peter in Chains Cathedral ... so - please keep in mind distance- taxi ok, public transp. ok too.

- what is a good place to stay (I saw the Marriott, is this in an OK neighborhood?) - or a similar place

- What is a good breakfast/brunch place? I think a big lunch would be good.

- Looked at Eden park for a stroll - are there nice quiet places but not too secluded places to sit there?

- What about Carew Tower?

- How far is the ball park from there - and is it open daily for tours?

- How far is the Union Terminal from there - I just want to see the building.

- What would be a nice but inexpensive place for dinner? American food, steak OK - nice, not stuffy, and most of all, fairly quiet - need to be able to have a good conversation.

- What would you recommend after dinner?

ok, too many questions. Don't want to make it too busy, mainly have a little activity, lots of opportunity to sit down and chat with as little heat and as much peace and quiet as possible, and a nice inexpensive meal at the end.

• New -ish to area

by Cokie Online Now Oct 10, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Would this be a conducive place to conduct an early business dinner meeting
      with my boss of 3.5 years?
      I am a work-aholic and tend not to get out much. I want to have the
      meeting on my terms in a neutral place. My boss and I are on good terms.
      But want to have a quiet thoughtful conversation about business
      in more than the usual mid-chain setting.

• Breakfast with the Characters at Kings Island

by jekyllandhans Online Now Jun 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hello, what do you guys think about Kings Island at Mason? My family and I are planning to go there and we have little kids with us. I went to their website and saw Breakfast with the Characters. The cost for Adult meal is13.9 and7.99 for Jr/Sr. It runs from 9:00am until 10:30am. There is also one complimentary photo with the characters. Considering park food is more expensive than food outside of the park, isn't this a good deal?

1 Answer Jun 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    • ladymd's Profile Photo

cincinnati to columbus

by ladymd Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Hi. It's gonna be my first time in cincinnati, will be staying at motel 6 near the Jewish Hospital. What is the most affordable way to travel from there to columbus airport on a weekday? Will be travelling to Philadelphia via Southwest air. Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 4, 2009 at 8:38 PM
    • State parks and hill stations near Cincinnati

by tintin99 Online Now May 8, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Hi:

I would like to know if there are any good state parks or hill stations near Cincinnati. I would be staying for a week in Cincinnati and i can make only day trips. I need to return back to Cincinnati by late evening. I had visited all the museums in Cincinnati when i visited last time and i'm more keen on visiting scenic places this time. Any suggestions in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM
    • Accomodations with good pool

by baberuth Online Now May 7, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Visiting Cincinnat in June and looking for a hotel with a good pool - We are visiting friends who live in Milford as well as Silverton so that side of town is best.

Has anyone been to the Great Wolf Suites and Waterpark in Mason? What is it like? Also, how far is Mason from Milford?

Thanks! Ruth

1 Answer Jul 28, 2008 at 10:07 AM
    • roco_mx's Profile Photo

1 week in Cincinnati...advise on fun things to do

by roco_mx Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Hi VTs, I work for GE in Mexico and will be spending one week in mid april (19-27) in Cincinnati, visiting GE's plant in Evendale with two other workmates. This will be our first time in OH, and I wanted to ask for a couple of things:

- What are some cool pubs/bars to get an after-work drink?
      - Do you know of any salsa club in the Cinci area?
      - What malls would you recommend for a visit (looking for A&F, AE, GAP, kind of stores)?
      - Is there any amusement park within driving distance?
      - What other tips could you give to 3 late-20s mexican engineers to have a good time while in Cincinnati?

thanks a lot.

Rodrigo.

2 Answers Mar 19, 2008 at 5:40 AM
    • What is up with the flying pigs in Cincinatti?

by blackft Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 7:49 AM

I get why there are pigs everywhere; Cincinatti was very heavily involved in the pork industry. But why are they flying pigs?

I was told by someone that way back when, there was a barge floating through Cincinatti with a load of pigs going toward the slaughterhouse. There was substancial fog that day and it made it look as if the pigs were flying through the city. My Aunt said it was a nice story, but probably untrue and I cannot find anything on line to corroborate what I've heard.

3 Answers Jul 10, 2008 at 4:53 PM
    • siovino's Profile Photo

Firsti time in Cincinnati! Help!

by siovino Online Now Sep 4, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Hi, next August I'll be for two months in cinci to work at University.
      It's my first experience in US. Can you tell me all about the city life? for example what about bus/subway, house price, night fun, day fun, trips, parks to have fitness, sports and everything you think It's important to know?
      Thank's very much!
      pleaSE help!

10 Answers Jan 30, 2008 at 4:09 PM
    • luv2laughlots's Profile Photo

Need Suggestions!

by luv2laughlots Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 4:45 PM

We've got a group of about 15 women for a Bachelorette Party heading to Cinci and trying to find a good place to eat that would be versatile for all the different taste buds and wouldn't be too abrasive to the pocketbooks. I've been checking out all the tips and the more I look the more indecisive I become. Any suggestions??

3 Answers Aug 23, 2007 at 5:57 AM
    • silantra.Z's Profile Photo

From Malaysia to Cincinnati need advise

by silantra.Z Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 7:26 PM

hi there..
      i will be going to cincinnati this april. i have a 5 days course which will be paid by the company. i plan to extend my stay .. this is my first time in the USA. i plan to visit patton musuem kentucky.
      i have 2 options to go there generally speaking. I can rent a car and drive my self with a print out map from google map. This option requires me to have a valid driving licence. I have a valid driving licience issued by malaysia but i dont know the requirement over there. A friend of mine told me i dont need an international driving permit to drive in the USA (some states will require..) he had drove in the USA during his collegue years .. but i still havent sure if i still need a special permit in Ohio and to Kentucky.
      Second options is public transport. I just search google and cannot find a bus service from cinci to fort knox. can somebody tell me which bus service (connecting bus ) that i can take. My course will end friday evening and i think i will start to move friday evening to kentucky, get a cheap motel somewhere in fort knox and saturday i can have a few hours in the museum before heading back to cincin, to my hotel and i will leave on sunday.
      Pls advise me..
      thanks
      cheers,
      zaidi

• dlandt's Profile Photo

Accomodations with a jacuzzi

by dlandt Online Now Nov 16, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Does anyone know where I can book a room with a jacuzzi? (Not a modified bath tub)It doesn't have to be ultra ultra but it should be at least ***. Regular internet search options don't seem to work well for finding something of this nature. I'm also looking for good brew pubs that not only brew beer but serve great food.

Dave (Nov 24-26)

4 Answers Sep 20, 2007 at 2:39 PM
    • Tropicana

by BlondieB0259 Online Now Nov 14, 2006 at 7:21 AM

New to Cincinnati, heard it was a good place to go to but is it 18+, or 21+?

1 Answer Dec 4, 2006 at 1:28 PM
    • jennwerner's Profile Photo

Need good Sports Bar to Watch Buckeyes this week

by jennwerner Online Now Sep 25, 2006 at 9:42 AM

I bought my hubby tickets to see the Bengals/Pats game on Sunday for his birthday and we will be staying at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati at 150 West 5th Street and we need to find a good fun Sports Bar to watch the Buckeye Game from on Saturday night? Please tell me there are some Buckeye Fans in Cincinnati? After we whopped on them two weeks ago I know it may be tough to find!! j/k but hubby and I are die hard fans who will miss not being here in Columbus to Party, So where is a good Sports Bar in downtown????

Thanks,
      Jennifer

1 Answer Sep 29, 2006 at 11:33 AM
    • Oktoberfest

by mnewman Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 5:07 PM

Were are the local Oktoberfest held? One-Two or Three places? Also what are the scheduled dates?
      TKS, Ms Mildred

1 Answer Sep 7, 2006 at 9:25 AM
    • Fireworks Sept 3rd

by pathros Online Now Aug 30, 2006 at 7:05 PM

What are the hours for this event?

• Loykeri's Profile Photo

CINCI June of 2006

by Loykeri Online Now May 20, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Hello!
      > Me and a buddy are taking a weekend to visit cinci June 2 thru the 4th.
      >
      >
      > Problem - she hasn't been there in about a 5 years and I am assuming
      > things have changed.
      >
      > Any advice on the following:
      > 1. cool night club that's fun and comforatble - as opposed to crammed n'
      > sweaty or uptight n' snobby.
      >
      > 2. Great local restuarant the can't be found outside of Cinci - don't
      > want to be forced to eat at the local Applebee's if you know what I
      > mean.
      >
      > 3. Cool (and cheap) day tripper activities. I plan on blowing most of my
      > money on food and drink - so I don't want to blow 30+ bucks on Kings
      > Island for example.
      >
      > Any help appreciated!

1 Answer May 21, 2006 at 4:00 PM
    • West Cincinnati - Indiana

by heyyou67 Online Now Feb 14, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Howdy,

I’ll be attending a vocational training course in Lawrenceburg, Indiana during the month of March.

Can anyone recommend a decent budget hotel for this long term stay? I don’t need a pool or fitness center or anything like that; just a clean room in a safe area within a 30 minute commute of Lawrenceburg. Also, I just need a table for my homework and possibly a refrigerator for some munchies.

I posted on craigslist.com but only got shared room responses. Not really interested in that but a short term studio apartment rental would be great.

Thanks

1 Answer Feb 15, 2006 at 6:00 AM
    • How far is the dometic airport from the International airport?

by bgates Online Now Nov 17, 2005 at 8:34 PM

Hi, My flight from Paris transits at Cincinnati and I have to catch another flight to Minneapolis. Is the domestic airport different from the international airport? If yes, how far is it? Is there arrangement for airport transfers?

Thanks.

6 Answers Nov 21, 2005 at 2:10 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

35 minutes for transfer at Cincinnati Airport

by christine.j Online Now Sep 7, 2005 at 6:53 AM

My son needs to go to the US for a short trip to the East and West coast. The travel agency made him a offer which sounds good, but:
      The last leg of his trip will be from San Francisco to Cincinnati, then to Frankfurt. Both flights are with Delta, but there are just 35 minutes between landing and take off again. I don't know Cincinnati Airport, but to me that seems to be impossible. He can check his bags through, but usually the gates close 30 minutes before take off. Do you think there's a reliable chance for him top catch his flight? He has to decide by tomorrow if he books the flights.
      Thanks for any help.
      Christine

6 Answers Sep 8, 2005 at 12:03 AM
    • Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

How about meeting us and CoAir13 (Jen and Ethan) for dinner, Thursday, August 4.

by Stephen-KarenConn Online Now Jul 18, 2005 at 5:04 AM

CoAir13 (Jen and Ethan) will be visiting with us for a couple of days the first week in August, so we are inviting other Cincinnati/Dayton area VTers to meet us for dinner on Thursday evening, August 4, 6:00 p.m. at El Rancho Grande in Sharonville. It's easy to find, at 11765 Lebanon Road, just south of the Sharonville exit off i-275, between I-75 and I-71. You can sign up at the posting I have made in the VT meetings section. I know it's a week night, but many of you should still be able to make it. Let's get together, meet, and welcome Jen and Ethan to our corner of Ohio. The more the merrier.