Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• silab's Profile Photo

One day in Magog

Magog Jul 28, 2016 at 12:12 PM

What ca we do in one day Magog?

more
    • See all on the Icefields Parkway going North in one day?

Province of Alberta Aug 19, 2016 at 2:41 PM

Two youngish senior couples driving from Lake Louise to Jasper on September 12 and planning to stay 2 nights in Jasper before doubling back on the Icefields Parkway and on to (Banff) Canmore. Can you help us plan our stops along the way going North and returning South. (We can also spend some Jasper time on the Parkway if needed.) Obviously want to see the usual top spots, but no need to add hiking. In your recommendations, please tell us if we need to make advanced reservations.

Thanks so much in advance.

more
    • Trans-Labrador Hwy 2016

Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Aug 11, 2016 at 5:07 AM

For anyone heading to the Trans-Labrador Hwy this summer 2016 I have a weird and desperate request....

My bf and I just completed the drive (awesome experience) and we found these fantastic "I survived the Trans Lab Hwy" stickers on the ferry at Blanc Sablon. However as we were heading east-west and this was the start of our trip, we didn't want to tempt fate and, assuming we would be able to buy one at the other end, we didn't get one.

Big mistake. I don't think you can purchase them anywhere else.

I know it sounds dumb but I'm so disappointed I can't get a sticker for our camper as it was such a huge part of our trip.....

If anyone is driving this route and can pick me up a sticker on the ferry I will be forever indebted! Of course we can figure out a way to send payment; check, cash, etransfer whatever.... I can't tell you how much it would mean to me.

Many thanks in advance!

more
    • henry14's Profile Photo

Raptors game alone?

Toronto Aug 21, 2016 at 2:42 PM

ok, strange question I suppose but here goes.... would a woman alone at a Raptors game look out of place/attract attention? I will have a spare evening when the Raptors are at home and my hotel is 5 mins walk from the ACC so seems mad to watch it on tv when I could be in there but don't want to feel uncomfortable if it isn't the norm. Hopefully I'm overthinking this and no-one would bat an eyelid.

Thanks.

more
    • Fisherman's Cove, Nova Scotia

Halifax Aug 21, 2016 at 2:22 PM

What public transportation should I use to get from the Halifax Cruise Port to Fisherman's Cove. And, is it worth the trip?

more
    • pr card photos resend request

Canada Aug 12, 2016 at 3:42 AM

I landed in Canada as permanent resident on 31st May,2016.The permanent resident cards are supposed to be received within 2 months time span.But then we received a letter from department, requesting photos for pr again.Is this normal for photos to be resent?And in how many days we can receive our pr cards?Pl.members help me out with your expert opinion.

more
    • shellysu's Profile Photo

Driving form Toronto to Montreal, what is there to do?

Toronto Aug 4, 2016 at 6:22 AM

We will be driving for 5-6 hours. Is there anywhere to stop that's interesting?

more
    • Alicewonder's Profile Photo

Apartment rental for a month in Toronto

Toronto Aug 19, 2016 at 2:27 AM

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Thanks for accepting me. I need some help.

I live in Toronto. I moved here for studies last year. I have my two cousins coming to Toronto. I want to arrange them a good stay. They will be here for 5 weeks and they asked me to check for a furnished apartment for rent. Apparently, I don't know much about the stays in Toronto. I have seen furnished apartment rentals of Mac SuitesFurnished ResidencesDowntown and North York. I'm staying near York University so, we'd prefer a place near there. I know Downtown area is expensive, so, that's not a viable option. Has anyone stayed at their rentals? I'd appreciate other suggestions too. 

Thanks. 

more
    • YvonneD8's Profile Photo

Transfer in Montreal

Montreal Aug 18, 2016 at 6:43 AM

I am flying into Montreal on an internal flight then getting a megabus for the continuation of my journey. Does anyone out there know how long it is likely to take me to travel from the airport to the bus station?

more
    • layover in Canada

Toronto Aug 13, 2016 at 9:38 AM

I have a 15 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Cancun,and i would like to visit at the niagara falls, is that ample time to make my connecting flight?
      If so, what is the cheapest way to do this?
      tnx very much :)

more
    • visiting Whistler from Vancover

Vancouver Aug 8, 2016 at 3:56 AM

Hi is it as easy as it looks to do a day trip to Whistler on the bus? from my research it looks like a 2 hour bus ride there and 2 hours back and i can have about 8 hours in the township. The main interest i have is doing the peak to peak gondala. Is the WAVE transport (the bus system) easy to get around on while i am there?

thanks in advance

more
    • silab's Profile Photo

Venise en quebec

Quebec Aug 1, 2016 at 7:52 AM

Hi.
      I think i'll take the croisiere boat tour.
      Coming from Montreal.
      The tour is about 90 min. Need to know what can i do , see on my way to venise in quebec. And things to do close by.
      Thanks.

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Any suggestion regarding accommodation in Jasper in late October

Jasper National Park Yesterday

Hi. I will be visiting Banff-Jasper for 7 days in late October. I was planning to do split the days between the two. Should I spend more time in Banff or Jasper? I will be renting a car from Calgary and drive all the way to Banff and Jasper.

Also, I was looking at accommodation options in Jasper and there is not much choices. is there any nearby town which is worth staying at? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Which SUV Rental Car will be perfect for Family

Vancouver Jul 28, 2016 at 4:17 AM

Hi, I am Harry i like to travel with my Family so Can you please suggest me Which SUV Car will be suitable for Family travel. Thanks

more

Lake Louise in late October

Banff National Park 5 hours ago

Hi. I have finally booked my trip to the rockies on Oct16-Oct22. My bf and I will arrive and depart from Calgary and rent a car from there. We are planning to stay in Banff fro 4 days and 3 days in Jasper. I just saw in some reviews that Lake Louise doesn't look as beautiful as it is during summer time. Is this true? Does it really lose it's beautiful turquoise colour in this months? If yes, is there any alternatives or other sceneries that we might enjoy?

Also, from Jasper, what is the quickest route back to Calgary. Our flight from Calgary leaves at 1230pm so we are wondering what time should we leave Jasper? Is it safe to drive at night? Thanks in advance.

more
    • One week in Rockies for youngish Seniors

Province of Alberta Aug 17, 2016 at 9:09 AM

Folks,

Two youngish senior couples (non-hikers) driving the Rockies in mid Sept (9-17). After driving to Salmon Arm from Vancouver, based on some online input several months ago, we head to Lake Louise, go to Jasper and then double back to Banff (Canmore) and fly home from Calgary. Itinerary and places for us to stop is as follows:
      Lake Louise (2 nights)
      Trails around Lake
      Chateau Lake Louise Hotel
      Lake Louise Gondola
      Moraine Lake
      Emerald Lake and Takkakaw Falls

Icefields Parkway to Jasper
      Peyto Lake
      Bow Lake
      Mistaya Canyon
      Wilcox Pass Hike-
      Athabasca Falls
      Snowcoach to Glacier –
      Sunwapta Falls

Jasper (3nights)
      Tramway
      Malign Lake
      Malign Canyon
      Medicine Lake
      Bow Valley (Highway 1A to Banff)
      Johnson Canyon
      Castle Mtn.

Banff
      Banff Gondola
      Bow Falls
      Tunnel Mtn.
      Minnewanka boat tour

Canmore for lodging (2 nights)

Comments on itinerary appreciated, but specific question about the drive from Lake Louise to Jasper and back. Must we (and should we) take the Icefields to and from Jasper? Anything missing? Also, is the Annual Park pass advisable? Does not seem so for our group of 4.
      Thanks!!

more

Banff-Jasper in late October

Banff Aug 23, 2016 at 1:38 PM

Hi. I'm planning to go to Banff-jasper in late October for a week but as I was checking the tours. Most of them only operates until mid October and most of the attractions are also only open until mid Octobee. I will be travelling alone so hiring a car is not an option for me. Is it still worth going at this time? Badly need advice. Thank you in advance.

more
    • Summer Clothing

by cudlowman Online Now Jan 22, 2015 at 4:32 AM

Any ideas what to take/wear for a summer trip would be appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 8:51 AM
    • Prime Tourism Times

by Loeppky Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Is there anything to see in Churchill the first week of April? Are all the tours open and running?

1 Answer May 17, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    • cost of hiring snow clothing and boots

by Travellingalways Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Can anyone tell me what the cost is of hiring snow clothing & boots as I live in Australia and want to do a Polar Bear guided trip in October 2014. Any advise would be great Thanks

4 Answers May 17, 2014 at 7:31 PM
    • date when the snow/ bears arrive

by michelleava Online Now Feb 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I was in churchill last year October 11 -16 and there was no snow/ ice and few bears. I am planning to go again this year but want to optimize the chances of seeing bears in a white landscape. I know the timing is tricky: too early and there is no snow/ice yet. Too late and the bears are gone. I can either go oct 26 for 6 days or Nov 11 for 6 days. What would you suggest? Do you remember what date the snow arrived and bears arrived last year?

4 Answers May 17, 2014 at 8:13 PM
    • Polar Bears and Aurora Borealis in Churchill

by ranjan.niyogi Online Now May 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM

My wife and plan to take a polar bear tour in Churchill around mid-November this year. Would it be possible to see the Northern Lights ( Aurora Borealis ) at this time or do we have to make a separate trip later in the winter? Any tips / suggestions on how to make the trips?
      Thanks

2 Answers May 13, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    • Babzz's Profile Photo

Tours

by Babzz Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Does anyone know of any tour operators who offer simple day trips to see the bears? I don't want a multiple-day package, just one day of viewing the bears. I found one operator that offered this, but they only had a couple of days in October avalable for 2008, and I'd prefer November. Thanks!

• JAN53's Profile Photo

AUTUMN TRIP TO CHURCHILL

by JAN53 Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 11:46 AM

We are coming over to see the polar bears this Oct/Nov and wondered if anyone has been recently and could give us any tips on whether its better to stay on a tundra buggy or in a hotel in Churchill. If its possible to hire parkas to wear as we don't really want to buy big items like this for the extreme weather conditions. Do you see the northern lights at this time of year and do you need to stay out on the tundra in order to see them. Many thanks.

2 Answers Apr 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Churchill & Polar Bears

by SandiM Online Now Dec 31, 2007 at 1:31 PM

I've read the previous posting on Polar Bears and Churchill and have a few questions. Recently, there has been increasing exposure of Churchill and it's Polar Bear Tour packages. I'm interested in going up there and snapping photos of the PB's and other wildlife up north (I'm from Edmonton). However, I've looked at some of the tours and most of them specify me having to arrange my own transport to Churchill. Ok, expedia can't help me, and AirCanada apparently doesn't go there, so WHO DOES? How does one get from Edm to Churchill? I can guess I have to get to Winnipeg first, then take off from there. Any help? My travel agent buddy is on holidays so he can't help me! Also, has anyone had any experience with these tours in Churchill? Any recommendations? Expected pricing? Length of stay required? thanks!

3 Answers Mar 7, 2008 at 3:34 PM
    • Babzz's Profile Photo

Churchill in February?

by Babzz Online Now Oct 11, 2007 at 8:05 AM

Hi all,
      what can I realistically expect/hope to see in February? From my readings, I understand that this is the best time to see the northern lights, but will I see any polar bears? I don't really have the opportunity to go at any other time of year unfortunately (to see belugas, wildflowers, birds).
      Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 21, 2007 at 10:02 AM