Chisinau

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day trip to Transistria

by AidanM Online Now Sep 20, 2016 at 9:38 AM

I will be with Irish football fans in Chisinau from Friday 7th October to Monday 10th October 2016. A number of us are hoping to visit Transistria on a day trip on Saturday 8th October.
      Could somebody advise the best way to arrange the trip.

Many thanks

• Hincesti for the day?

by Manzanas Online Now Aug 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM

I'd like to go to Hincesti as a day trip from Chisinau. I get the impression that the buses are very infrequent. Any info? Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 29, 2016 at 1:25 PM
    • Overnight train to Bucharest

by hobolinda Online Now Aug 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM

Husband and I want to take the overnight train Sept. 5, Monday. Should we buy tickets online before we leave home, or fine to go to the train station the day before?

6 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 3:31 AM
    • Kenny-O's Profile Photo

Bus Chisinau - Odessa - early morning via Palanca?

by Kenny-O Online Now Jul 27, 2016 at 2:36 AM

Hello!
      Does anybody know if the below buses from Chisinau to Odessa (leaving from Gara Nord) go via Palanca or Transnistria?

ODESA(GA) 05:50
      ODESA(GA) 06:50
      ODESA(GA) 07:45
      ODESA(GA,7km) 08:10

I have above times from here gara.com.md/orarul_rutelor.c...

for the night busses they state ODESA/PALANCA(GA), but for the day time busses there is no hint which way they go :)
      Many thanks
      Ken

3 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM
    • Yellowpages.md

by iitpp0 Online Now Jun 29, 2016 at 12:14 PM

How to find Hostels in Yellowpages.md ? Please don't tell me those international booking sites.

4 Answers Jun 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM
    • Paid Laundry

by iitpp0 Online Now Jun 28, 2016 at 2:15 AM

Please recommend places in Chisinau to use cheaper washing machine, thanks.

• Where to go in Chisinau in the evening as a solo traveller?

by PeterBelgium Online Now Apr 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Going to Chisinau next weekend. Since i will be alone, where would be a good place to go in the evening which will be freindly and I will not be sitting as the sad guy in the corner! lol ?

Thanks

7 Answers May 1, 2016 at 5:07 AM
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

English, German, Italian or Russian?

by dlandt Online Now Apr 10, 2016 at 7:31 AM

I will be in Chisinau this summer and am curious about local lingual preferences. I do know a few words of Romanian courtesy of a former girlfriend and living in a Balkan neighborhood, but not really enough to manage even simple transactions. Everyone speaks English everywhere of course, and I am fluent, so I know that is always an option, but I worry a bit about the tax on it and that speaking it can sometimes provoke animosity. German I speak well, but I am not sure if it is still widely understood and I have the same concerns about speaking German as English, possibly even stronger. Italian I am OK with but I (and most others) seldom speak it outside of Italy or within my own family. It is similar enough to Romanian that I raise it as a possibility because it allows me to read Romanian and sometimes get the gist of spoken speech. Russian is a language I only have the basics of, learned on the street and can use to get through simple transactions. My concerns are I don't speak it very well, and have found that it is only grudgingly used in other parts of the Balkans.

Which would you use to open a conversation or perform a transaction?

6 Answers Apr 10, 2016 at 11:14 AM
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

What is a good tour to see Cricova wine cellars?

by dlandt Online Now Apr 10, 2016 at 7:17 AM

I'm going to be in Chisinau (alone in July) and would like a tour of the Cricova wine cellars. Who can recommend a guide or tour? I'm willing to attach to someone else's tour.

1 Answer Apr 12, 2016 at 5:46 AM

Train Chisinau to Odessa still existing?

by Kenny-O Online Now Apr 8, 2016 at 1:01 AM

Hello hello,

Does anyone know if the trains from Chisinau to Odessa still exist ? They neither show up on the Ukrainian nor the Diebahn Webpage - the train from Odessa to Chisinau (Nr 642) seems to only run on Friday, Saturday, Sunday now...

http://booking.uz.gov.ua/en/
      https://www.bahn.de/p/view/index.shtml

If anybody knows more please let me know :)

Many thanks and happy Friday

Ken

2 Answers Apr 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM

Chisinau Flea Market?

by Kenny-O Online Now Apr 1, 2016 at 2:10 AM

Hello hello, we are planning to do Moldova trip in June/ July.

I looove flea markets and was wondering if there is one in Chisinau?
      With "flea market" I mean a market where locals sell second hand goods - no touristy antiques market or new goods market :). If anybody could help me out with: if, where, what day, what time a flea market take place in Chisinau, I would be super grateful :)

Many thanks in advance!

7 Answers Apr 3, 2016 at 5:39 AM
    • Irish Football Fans visit to Chisinau - October 2016

by AidanM Online Now Mar 29, 2016 at 6:28 AM

I am travelling with the Irish football fans to Chisinau in October 2016 when Ireland play Moldova.

Can we meet up with some people from Chisinau when we are there.

Please respond to this if you would like to meet up.

AidanM

• Hostels in Chisinau are more expensive than EU Countries ! ?

by iitpp0 Online Now Dec 4, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Why I can't find any hostels in yellowpages.md ?
      I look for monthly room renting in Chisinau, please recommend me some (non-english) cheap local hostels ?
      And which is the best non-english website for room renting advertisings in Chisinau ?
      what is the renting advertising newspaper in Chisinau ?
      (and please no need to tell me those common English international booking websites that everyone knows )

3 Answers Apr 7, 2016 at 12:12 PM
    • winery visit

by eddyverbeke Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 5:07 AM

how can i organise a b vist to Purcari winery
      how far is it from Chisinau
      tourist guide needed,?

1 Answer Aug 12, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    • ger4444's Profile Photo

Epic flatbuildings in Chisinau

by ger4444 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM

What is the name of this place, and where is it located exactly in Chisinau?
      See link:
      google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http...

9 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 2:23 PM
    • living chisinau

by eule2014 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hello,
      I will live in chisinau for one yoear and will work in a children`s home. Now I wanted to know if yoe can buy tampons in chisinau easly or not
      thanks

• Gluten free products

by hc1950 Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Any idea where I could find gluten free bread? I have found a few gluten free products such as cereals, biscuits, pasta and chocolate at the supermarket No 1 but wonder where I could find bread...

• Blacksocks's Profile Photo

Wrestling Shirts

by Blacksocks Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Hello,
      I am in Chisinau visiting/working,back home I coach wrestling and love collecting wrestling shirts from all over the world, is there a club in Chisinau where I could buy one?

3 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    • Common spoken language

by malkab7 Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 5:07 AM

How common is Russian as a spoken, street, popular language vs. Moldovan - that I understand is like Romanian? I need to send someone I don't know, from Chisinau, some informational material. I am better off going with English or Russian??

Thank you!

-MAR-
      Be'er-Sheva, ISRAEL

3 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    • Chisinau in one day

by Erragial Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Hi everybody

I'll be in Chisinau one day (arriving at 8 am and leaving at 5 pm). Any ideas how I should spend the day, what to see and where to go to get a general idea of the city?

• bertioga's Profile Photo

Which one? Olimpia, Zarea or Turist Hotel?

by bertioga Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Hello, I will be in Chisinau for the long (Western) Easter holidays. In the Internet I've found the Olimpia and the Zarea Hotels (also the Turist, but I am sure they are open). Please, which of these hotels would you recommend, I will alone, I am a 64 year old man, I need Wi-Fi and its best to be walking distance to the city center, so I do not waste time on transport. TIA Antonio

3 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    • cost of internet access

by johnmerlino Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM

If staying in moldova for a few months, how much is the internet? Note that I wouldn't have phone access or television access, but in the United States, even if you dont have phone access, internet companies still come out and install internet for 20 dollars per month. Someone was telling me that internet in moldova is 50 USD per hour. Could this be correct? It seems a bit high.

2 Answers Aug 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    • Traveling_Duck's Profile Photo

Good quality hotel

by Traveling_Duck Online Now Jul 30, 2012 at 5:14 AM

I will be in Chisinau in September this year, and I need a recommendation for a good quality hotel. It does not necessarily have to be cheap, I need comfort and good facilities - in a central area, if possible.

Calatoresc la Chisinau in septembrie anul acesta, si am nevoie de o recomandare pentru un hotel de buna calitate. Nu trebuie neaparat sa fie ieftin, am nevoie de confort si facilitati corespunzatoare - intr-o zona centrala, daca se poate.

Thanks!!

4 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Train times from Chisianu to Kiev

by littlebush Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Hi
      Am planning a trip from Chisinau to Kiev by train in June 2012.
      Anyone either know the train times of this route or where i can find them online?

Thanks in advance

Dave

2 Answers Dec 30, 2011 at 12:26 AM
    • cigarette prices

by gerl Online Now Nov 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM

can anyone tell me how much it cost for 200 red l+m cigarettes in the duty free in chisnau airport please.

2 Answers Mar 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM
    • Purchasing vitamins in Chisinau

by akjorde Online Now Jun 11, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I need some B12, iron and fish oil. Can anyone tell me where I might find these supplements and vitamin.

1 Answer Jun 11, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    • kenbac's Profile Photo

Books in English language

by kenbac Online Now Sep 30, 2010 at 4:48 AM

Can anyone tell me if there are any book shops in Chisinau that sell books about Chisinau and Moldova in English language?

Thanks in advance

• kenbac's Profile Photo

Main shopping area in Chisinau

by kenbac Online Now Sep 30, 2010 at 4:45 AM

Can anyone tell me where the main shopping area is in Chisinau?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM
    • kenbac's Profile Photo

Duty Free Cigarettes in Chisnau Airport

by kenbac Online Now Sep 30, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Can anyone tell me if Silk Cut cigarettes are on sale in the duty free shop at Chisinau airport and what the cost is?

Thanks in advance

• kenbac's Profile Photo

Brands and Cost of Cigarettes in Chisinau.

by kenbac Online Now Sep 30, 2010 at 4:42 AM

Hi,

Visiting Chisinau next week.
      Can anyone tell me if Silk Cut Cigarettes are available in Chisinau and what the price is.

Thanks in advance