Chin-shan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sightseeing Taiper, Taitung & Hualien

Taipei Jul 26, 2016 at 3:27 AM

Hello! I'm having a hard time figuring out our Taipei Trip due to limited time. I will be traveling with my relatives (senior aunt & uncles) from Sept 10-17
      We are flying to Taipei on Sept 10th, and we'll be arriving about noon. My relatives would like to visit Taitung (2nights) & Hualien (overnight).
      Traveling from Taipei to Taitung by train is pretty long and a waste of time. So here are my options:

Option 1
      Sept 10-12 Taipei
      Sept 12 fly to Taitung from Songsan Airport.
      Sept 12-14 Taitung
      Sept 14 train to Hualien (i dont know which train yet)
      Sept 14-15 Overnight in Hualien
      Sept 15 train from Hualien to Taipei
      Sept 15-17 Taipei

Option 2:
      Sept 10 Arrive Taipei, fly to Taitung
      Sept 10-13 Taitung
      Sept 13 train to Hualien
      Sept 13-14 Hualien overnight
      Sept 14 Train to Taipei
      Sept 14-17 Taipei

What do you think? Any recommendations? As much as possible, since i will be with 3 seniors, I want to avoid switching trains and too much walking.
      I checked domestic airlines, only Transasia fly from Hualien to Taipei & Mandarin fly from Taipei to Taitung. Are these the only local airlines available?
      As for express train, a lot say that we have to book train tickets in advance, is it really necessary? Cant we just walk in and purchase tickets at the station? Is September a peak season?

Thank you so much! Cant wait to read your comments/recommendations. :)

Cheers!

more
    • davidjo's Profile Photo

a few questions

Taiwan Aug 14, 2016 at 4:04 PM

1 I will be bringing cash $ us and $ aus. Best places to change money ?
      2 My flight arrives after midnite and i hope to get train after 6 am to Hualien. Any buses to station in the moiddle of the night?
      3. When using the internet at guest houses to enter password for websites are they in Chinese characters or English
      4 Anyone want to meet in Taipei on 9th or 10th September ?

Thanks in advance

more