Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• currency exchange

San Luis Potosí Oct 24, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Is there an exchange location on Carranza?

• How much for chichen it's a,and excursions.

Cancún Oct 8, 2016 at 9:31 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how much some of you paid for your excursions in and around Cancun like for example chicken itza,cenotes,s winning with dolphins etc.

• My itenerary

Mexico Oct 10, 2016 at 5:02 PM

I have about 7-8 days in Mexico.
      My interests are photography and historical sites.

I am thinking about spending
      4 days in Mexico city with side trips to Puebla and Teotihuacan ruins
      3-4 days in guanajuato - side trips to Morelia and San Miguel

are the side trips doable? or are they too far to enjoy for a day trip?
      Should I just stay in Mexico city and do day trips from there the whole time?
      any suggestions would be appreciated.

• schmechi's Profile Photo

Time to spend at Mayan sights?

by schmechi Online Now Jul 7, 2015 at 12:26 PM

I'm starting to plan my Mexico-trip and its difficult for me to estimate the time, which is needed for the mayan sights, particularly Chitzen Itza, Uxmal, Palenque and Tulum... How many hours an average visit will take?

I know it is a tricky question, because every visitor has its own pace, but usually I tend to make sights quicker than the average backpacker... For instance for me two (full) days were sufficient at Angkor Wat or Petra (just to give you a comparison).

5 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 3:21 AM
    • day trip from Cancun

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Oct 8, 2014 at 10:42 AM

We are staying in Cancun, and would like to visit CI. How long could one spend there (obiviously it will depend on what kind of traveller you are, but what have people found is a reasonable amount of time there?)

We are wondering if we would be able to fit in a visit to Ria Lagartos Biosphere Reserve, Celestun Wildlife Refuge, Ek Balam, and Cenote Dzitnup, in the same day as going to CI from Cancun, or is this too ambitious? Is this part of the trip a whole day trip, in and of itself?

We're staying in Cancun and don't have plans to spend overnight in the CI area.

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

taxis around chichen area?

by monicarc Online Now Aug 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM

we are thinking about possibly staying 3 nights in chichen itza--are taxis readily available to get around to restaurants? i also read the public bus was popular, how late does it run? thank you

1 Answer Aug 5, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    • Carnival Cruise excursion

by bambam39574 Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I'd like to go to Chichen Itza . Is it cheaper to get off the ship and book a tour? Or do I run the risk of it being sold out?

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    • Any Public Buses going from Playa De Carma to Chichen-Itza.

by frythedevil Online Now Nov 5, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Hi all, I'm not a big fan of hotel tours and after reading a lot of reviews I am hesistant to rent a car.

My question is I would like to see the Chichen-Itza ruins on a Sunday, and I would like to take a public bus or private bus from Playa De carmen. Does anyone know if the buses run on sunday and how much it would cost? First or 2nd class is okay and I would like to get there around 9 am when the ruins open.

P.S. I tried to look at the bus schedule located in the vacation site but it wasn't working.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Nov 10, 2006 at 8:20 PM
    • Chichén-Itzá hours

by ohillary Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 1:16 PM

What are the hours of operation and can one leave the site for lunch and return in the afternoon on the same ticket? Thanks, ohillary

3 Answers Sep 6, 2006 at 4:46 PM
    • I have a rent car, now how do I get to Chichén-Itzá from cancun?

by TXtraveler Online Now Feb 2, 2004 at 8:33 PM

We have a rental car, now how do I get there ? We are leaving from the Cancun airport. Exact turn by turn directions anyone ? Help. Thanks, The Walker Family

1 Answer Feb 3, 2004 at 5:00 AM