change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SONG's Profile Photo

Northeast USA snow areas

Vermont Dec 2, 2016 at 6:09 PM

I want to take my two nieces, ages 18 and 13, to someplace "up north" in the USA to see snow over the Christmas break. I have skied in years past but no more. And the girls have never skied. So that is not an activity to consider. Just want to fly into a decent main stream airport and not have to drive too far to get to perhaps a ski resort where even if there is no real snow, we will still have the artificial fluff. :-) Vermont offers some darling villages with covered bridges but those are about 2 hours from any airport. Perhaps that will be the case with any of the "guaranteed" snow areas.......a bit of a drive from an airport. So, I am relying on my team of VT experts to point me in the right direction. I am thinking 3-4 nights at a hotel / resort. I don't mind driving. Just don't want to spend much of the vacation behind the wheel. Snow boarding, taking cable cars to the top of a mountain, sledding, horse drawn carriage rides........bring 'em on.

Have thought of Vermont, Maine, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, New York etc

more
    • Far behind but not forgotten

by onceuponadairy Online Now Jan 1, 2006 at 11:07 PM

Greetings,Happy New Year! Hope all is well up in The hills of VT. Just outside of Chester, I believe to the North there is a Road that you can travel which leeds to Ludlow? Yes I belive Ludlod and then on to Weston. Well at the crest of this cross road was or maybe still is a Dairy Farm, I'ts name was Hill Top Farm. The House and barn are on the right side of the road, with a 3 or 4 bay garage on the left. The Barn sits above the house and looks out over the valley. My Question, Is it still there? and is it still a dairy? I was the manager for that farm owned by the Stiaznee's Family back in 1980, 81, & 82. I never had a reason to go back, even though I left on good terms. I guess life gets in the way. So if ANYONE knows of this Farm Please let me know. I would like to say hello or at least take a road trip down memory lane.Thanks Theo

2 Answers Mar 25, 2006 at 4:18 AM