VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Chester Travel Answers

change location
datapanik's Profile Photo

Somewhere to stay?

by datapanik Online Now May 12, 2006 at 5:00 AM

I am planning to visit Chester for 2 days in June. Can any one recommend a good value bed and breakfast?

I'm fed up with the ridiculous cost of hotels in the UK which are generally a complete rip-off and are geared to catering for business types. Excuse me for ranting! Any help would be very much appreciated.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • londonbabe's Profile Photo

RE: Somewhere to stay?

by londonbabe Online Now May 12, 2006 at 5:57 AM

Sorry can't actullay recommend any but if you check out the web sites for some of these you should get a good idea. Any which are also in Alastair Sawday's 'Special Places to Stay' or another book called 'Staying Off the Beaten Track' should be good.
    visitus.co.uk/list.aspx?plac...

Sarah

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now May 12, 2006 at 7:57 AM

You can also check out www.smoothhound.co.uk or www.2stay.com. Both of those usually have some fairly reasonable B&B's listed. I like that they have photos, and one can see the place ahead of time. Sometimes the cheapest lodging in a town is at a Travelodge. Even so, that can be £30-$50 or more. I understand your gripe!!

• christine.j's Profile Photo

by christine.j Online Now May 12, 2006 at 9:24 AM

When I was in Chester in May 2004 I stayed in this B&B: Mitchell's of Chester Guesthouse. It's about 25 minutes to walk from the centre, across the river Dee, but it was a very nice walk.Full English breakfst was included. I had a nice single, en suite, and two years ago I paid 30 or 35 GBP, I don't remember exactly. I do remember, however, that it was lot cheaper than many other places I had checked before.
    Most probably it is more expensive now, but I would still recommend it.

• datapanik's Profile Photo

by datapanik Online Now May 15, 2006 at 1:50 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions and weblinks. I will add them to my bookmarks and see what comes up. There's no Travelodge in Chester but that's probably a good thing! All the best.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines