VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Chernivtsi Travel Answers

change location

Travel to Chernivtsi

by Canaan Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 10:03 AM

Hello,
I am flying into Bucharest on May 3rd. In Ukraine I'm going to Lviv and Chernivtsi. Does anyone know how to get to Chernivtsi from Romania? Is it possible to take a train from Chernivtsi to Lviv, or just a bus. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Leosh's Profile Photo

RE: Travel to Chernivtsi

by Leosh Online Now May 2, 2005 at 2:50 AM

At 7:40 AM the international train departs from Bucuresti Nord station (the destionations are Moscow, Kiev, Lvov, Minsk) and arrive to Chernovtsy at 8:10 PM the same day. The train Chernovtsy-Lvov departs at 8:48 PM (arr. to Lvov at 8:03 AM next day). Or you can get the day train (dep. 8:08 AM, dep. to Lvov 13:32). Ukrainian train are very-very cheap, ticket Chernovtsy-Lvov costs 1-3 euro. Try to buy the most expensive ticket, you will have more comfortable trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Travel to Chernivtsi

by JKarunesh Online Now Jun 30, 2005 at 7:52 AM

I recently travelled to chernivtsi and found an apartment on on VT website www.tasteukraine.com I contacted the owner and she guided me through all of my travel arrangements. Great apartment! English speaking and very helpful with all local information. Have a look at the site or search for apartments on the VT website under Chernivtsi. Good Luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Chernivtsi