Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cafe in Tula named: "Sun"

Tula Oct 19, 2016 at 5:27 AM

Have you heard of this place in Tula? Food & drinks?

Thanks, if you know address, please post!

• DBS ferry Japan to russia.

Vladivostok Oct 1, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Hi Im planning to take a trip to russia on the ferry from Japan but I have a prettt heavy concern. Im lgbt and will be entering through vladivotok. Im wonderinf what immigration is like there and if Ill be able to get by with out issues or if theres some new fangled body scanner waiting for me at the port.

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

All border crossings between Russia and Belarus closed to third-country citizens?

Russia Oct 15, 2016 at 6:19 PM

It sounds like a complete nonsense - but it seem to be the case.

I am unsure, what is the situation in the reality.
      I was able to cross the border near Smolensk (I did not know about these news and simply crossed the border on a secondary road through villages). At this moment my car is near Moscow, in the garden of our friends.
      I am in the States, going back end of October.

I did not experience any issues leaving Russia.

The news are confusing. On one hand they say that the new problem affects EU citizens only (I used American passport). On the other hand some sources mention all third-country citizens.

I do not know the truth. Only that so far no one did care less about me crossing into Russia "illegally".

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Peterhof and Catherine's Palace

Saint Petersburg Oct 5, 2016 at 1:01 AM

Would love to visit both Peterhof and Catherine's Palace in December. I realize winter is not ideal, especially for Peterhof, but would still like to go.
      To save time, is reserving a tour a more time-effective way of doing it compared to using public transport? Is it possible to request a tour, visiting Catherine's Palace early in the morning and visiting Peterhof later in the day before returning to St Petersburg?
      Which is the best tour company to go with?

• DIY/Hardware store in Cheboksary

by Moonmonkey71 Online Now May 17, 2015 at 2:59 AM

Hi All. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a reliable hardware/DIY supplier in Cheboksary? I will be working at an event there in June however the goods we are shipping over from the UK are being sent on a carnet document meaning that we can't send consumables with the main transport. We will need things like screws, nails, adhesive tapes etc.

Many Thanks in advance!

• fishing trips in cheboksary

by h2guide Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 11:00 AM

are there guided fishing trips offered in Cheboksary?
      I am staying there several weeks and the river wolga seems to be a perfect place for fishing.
      Thanks for any hint.

• Boat trips to/from Cheboksary

by NCBill Online Now Feb 22, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Does anyone know whether it is possible to travel by boat from/to Cheboksary from either Ulyanovsk or Nizhny Novgorod? If you have any information I would greatly appreciate it. I would particularly like to know the duration and cost of such a trip.

1 Answer Feb 23, 2007 at 5:08 AM
    • paptai's Profile Photo

First Time Travel to Russia

by paptai Online Now Apr 24, 2004 at 5:01 PM

Anyone have any suggestions on visiting Russia and taking the train from Moscow to Cheboksary. I have a new penpal friend from there and would like to visit him. Any travel suggestions, or warning would be appreciated. This is my first visit to Russia. Going in 2005. Thanks.

11 Answers Aug 16, 2005 at 9:33 AM