Charleston

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Compass Cove Hotel, Myrtle beach

Myrtle Beach Jul 3, 2016 at 7:55 AM

Help! I am about to drive 10 hrs to Myrtle Beach for July 4th. I had previously had a reservation at the Sea Mist Hotel. Upon reading the reviews, and noticed many complaints about roaches, I quickly cancelled my reservation and searched for another place. I saw good reviews for the Compass Cove Hotel and I booked there. Today, I read reviews on Trip Adviser and while many were good, I saw numerous complaints about maid service and ROACHES. I am PETRIFIED of bugs to the point that I have an exterminator every 3 weeks including the cold PA winters. Has anyone been there and experienced this? Do people in Myrtle Beach not like cleaning or something? I'm so confused

more
    • CSS Hunley

by darts Online Now Feb 19, 2016 at 8:52 AM

I am planning a Civil War trip with my three grandsons this summer and they have expressed an interest I going to Charleston this year. We arrive on Tuesday, June 14th and depart on Friday, June 17th. One of the sites I really wanted them to see was the Hunley. However, I just found that the lab and self-guided exhibits are not open to the public during the week. They are willing to arrange a tour for private groups with a minimum of 20 people. I wonder if anyone else is going to be in Charleston on those dates and would be willing to join us for this tour. It is a very interesting exhibit. The cost is $20 per person, $8 for children, and they say to allow around 1.5 hours for the entire experience. If I could find 16 new friends, I would be happ

3 Answers Feb 20, 2016 at 12:05 PM
    • Where to stay for young seniors?

by spedprof Online Now Jan 22, 2016 at 2:35 PM

Thinking of flying with my wife to Charleston to celebrate my 70th Birthday in mid-May for 3-4 days. Is a car advisable? If so, are there interesting B&Bs outside of the main historical district or are we best off just staying in the HD? We are active and love to walk. Suggestions, please.

3 Answers Jan 22, 2016 at 8:36 PM
    • We are relocating to Charleston area.

by Paramala2us Online Now Dec 1, 2015 at 11:14 PM

What area safe neighbohoods to live with family? Are there any that we should avoid?

3 Answers Mar 2, 2016 at 9:58 AM
    • tinamarie17's Profile Photo

WHAT'S GOING ON IN NOVEMBER?

by tinamarie17 Online Now Oct 27, 2015 at 3:20 AM

WE WILL BE IN CHARLESTON/ FOLLY BEACH THE WEEKEND OF NOVEMBER 6TH - 9TH. OTHER THAN THE FILM FESTIVAL AND HOEDOWN, WHAT IS HAPPENING IN TOWN?

7 Answers Oct 28, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • tinamarie17's Profile Photo

Road conditions

by tinamarie17 Online Now Oct 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM

We are traveling to Charleston/Follly Beach, SC in two weeks. What are the road conditions and how has the weather been?

6 Answers Oct 28, 2015 at 11:13 AM
    • Train to Savannah

by Caddie9 Online Now Jun 5, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Thanks for response to previous post. Have been looking further into things and wondering if it would be interesting getting train to savannah from charleston and flying to Orlando from there. How long would it take and is station downtown in Savannah. Also would we need car in savannah

6 Answers Jun 6, 2015 at 4:30 AM
    • Charleston and savannah

by Caddie9 Online Now Jun 3, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Hi coming from Scotland in first week of November and was wondering what weather would be like we like walking along beach fronts ,shopping ,visiting small towns drinking and chilling out Were thinking of going to Savannah charleston Hilton head and Georgetown going to be there for 6 days before going to Orlando for 4 day cruise does this sound good or is it to much in short time was wondering if somebody could advise. Thanks

7 Answers Jun 4, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    • In Charleston now...3 days...things to do?

by PlanBTunes Online Now Mar 1, 2015 at 7:14 AM

We're in Charleston for a few days...arrived yesterday ... Weather is chilly and shower-y ( but still a vast improvement over the 1,000 ft of snow in frozen Boston!) ... Any suggestions of things to do while here....? We don't have a car...but happy to walk ...also...any recommendations for places to hear live music?

5 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 8:54 PM
    • Kelmacmar's Profile Photo

Hotel / Things to Do for a Short Stay

by Kelmacmar Online Now Feb 20, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Hello! I'm driving to Boston from Fort Lauderdale and will be in Charleston for a day and a half, from about 6 PM on June 20 until I have to check out of whatever hotel I stay in on June 22. My first question is about hotels. I'll be travelling with two largish dogs and don't want to spend a ton of money, so my hotel choices are limited. I found an inexpensive La Quinta in North Charleston--is this a decent area? I don't know anything about Charleston, so I have no idea about neighborhoods, but the fact that this hotel is so many fewer points in my credit card rewards program than others makes me nervous. My second questions is, if I only have one night and one full day, what should I do? I love history, food, and running if that narrows things down at all.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

4 Answers Feb 21, 2015 at 9:03 AM
    • How can I get to Tanger Outlets by public transportation from Meeting Street?

by darlings Online Now Feb 7, 2015 at 5:53 AM

While visiting Charleston & staying in the Historic area (Meeting Street) I want to go to the Tanger Outlets (North Charleston). Do you have any suggestions for public transportation other than taking a taxi?

5 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 11:27 AM
    • What is the best way to see Magnolia Plantation and Gardens?

by darlings Online Now Feb 5, 2015 at 5:22 AM

My husband is reluctant to drive a car (renting of).
      Could you recommend an excellent Tour Company for Charleston to Magnolia Plantation?
      We will get accomodation in Historic Charleston.
      I do not want a BUS TOUR although a mini-van is o'k.
      I have researched these Companies: Charleston Tours, Charleston's Finest, Adventure Sightseeing.
      Pick-up at hotel would be coonvenient. We particularly like gardens with lingering time there. Charleston Ventures does not conduct Garden Tours.

How much would a taxi cost there & back?

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. N.Grace

5 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 5:07 AM
    • airport transportation

by timewaster Online Now Dec 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

what options do i have for transporation from the charleston airport to downtown?
      my hotel is at Days Inn 155 Meeting Street, Charleston (SC), United States

I know of 2 - taxi and airport shuttle.
      anything else?

6 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    • Prairieproper's Profile Photo

Safe for solo female traveller?

by Prairieproper Online Now Dec 19, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Hello everyone,
      I'm looking into travelling to Charleston for 5 days for a mini-holiday. I'm a 27yr old female, my main concern is safety, as I will be travelling alone. Would I feel safe in Charleston & enjoy my visit, or would it be overshadowed by safety concerns? Thanks!

5 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 5:22 PM
    • transportation to plantations

by timewaster Online Now Dec 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

i will be visiting and staying in downtown charleston but won't have a car.
      what are my options for visiting some of the plantations?

Is this shuttle still running?

charlestoncvb.com/visitors/e...

3 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 6:02 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

December in Charleston

by apbeaches Online Now Dec 1, 2014 at 6:01 PM

We're spending the weekend before Christmas in Charleston as we did last year. The location and rate at the King Charles Inn couldn't be beat. We have seen the Market, slave mart, Ft. Sumpter, Magnolia Plantation, Rainbow Row, Old Exchange... it's all up on V.T.

We have enjoyed Jestines for a casual lunch, Hyman's wasn't too special. Any dining ideas?

I've gone through the V.T. websites & agree with all of your tourist traps & pushy time share hawkers. Is there anything that we've missed that we wouldn't see home in NYC? We are not interested in the tourist shows. Any southern & special restaurant recommendations?

Thanks in advance! Andrea

2 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    • Please help

by Babs65 Online Now Aug 4, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Last April I purchased a Johnathan Green print from a dealerl located in The Market.
      Does anyone know the name of that vendor? I believe that it is a permanent vendor. I want to purchase an additional print.

I hope someone can help!

Barbara

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • summer housing

by mishsish Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 5:30 AM

hi :) we are 3 girls heading to Charleston June 12... work and travel program...looking for a summer housing till early september.. any suggestions?

6 Answers Apr 9, 2016 at 5:20 AM
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Charleston SC cheap stays

by mosaka Online Now May 18, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Hey y'all
      Doing a road trip and staying in Charleston South Carolina for two nights in July.
      Anyone knows Hostel, or cheap places to stay in July somehow close to down town?

Really appreciated any advice or name of place

Cheers

3 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

GOOD LOCAL MODERATELY PRICED PLACES TO EAT.

by Homanded Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Coming to Charleston for 3 days in June.
      Big foodies here but are more into local places to sample good traditional Southern cooking.
      Doesn't have to be anything fancy, in fact, we prefer it not to be.
      Not touristy but rather somewhere the locals eat.

Hoping to hear from some people living in the area or who frequent the area often and are familiar with our requisites.

Thanking all in advance,

Homer (and Ed).

10 Answers May 19, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • clothing for Charleston

by rseipel Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 7:41 AM

We are visiting Charleston the beginning of April. What should I bring for clothing. Is white appropriate at this time. How dressy or casual. Do men need a sports coat?
      thanks
      roz

1 Answer Mar 16, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • IzabelleR's Profile Photo

best seafood????

by IzabelleR Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM

What reasonable restaurant serves the best seafood in Charleston

2 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • IzabelleR's Profile Photo

what to pack in January

by IzabelleR Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Im b going 2 Charleston on the 18 I dont have any idea what to pack I been there before but that was in summer no idea what to pack

2 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    • restaurants

by virgilm Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Are there many small locals type restaurants in the city.

6 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • October visit

by Debbievcpa Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Clothing suggestions anyone?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    • Fishing Piers

by d3brook Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Is Waterfront Park and fishing pier open to the public?

2 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 6:15 AM
    • Activities for people with disabilities

by cjhastings Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Hello, I have a good friend who is going to Charleston for the next few days who is disabled and in a wheelchair. Can you give us ideas of things she can do that are wheelchair accessible?

• Charleston birthday surprise (help)

by stanjiii Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Hi, I am going to surprise my wife with a trip to Charleston for her 50th birthday. She has always wanted go to Charleston and spend time touring a plantation, relaxing, dining out, and enjoying the atmosphere. She has always liked the spring time and being from central Maryland, this would be a welcome trip after winter. I would like to give her a voucher during dinner on her birthday for the trip next spring. Are there any recommended sites to visit that would have package deals with plantation tours, dining, including flights? Thanks

6 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    • RBGirl's Profile Photo

Charleston Place or French Quarter?

by RBGirl Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM

My family, including 2 teenage boys, will be staying in Charleston for 3 nights before heading to The Sanctuary on Kiawah Island for a week. I'm trying to decide between Charleston Place or the French Quarter Inn for our "city" stay. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Jan 29, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • Surprise trip to Charleston

by Candlebaby18 Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I am planning a surprise trip to Charleston for my best friends birthday this weekend. We will be staying on Isle of Palms. I am looking for things for us to do, he is very into craft beer so I know somehow I have to work that in. I am looking for special events or general things to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • LeahJ's Profile Photo

Wondering about transportation

by LeahJ Online Now Aug 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Hello, I'm travelling from Michigan to Raleigh NC via airline and meeting my friend. From North Carolina we are then travelling via car to Charleston (Mount Pleasant) to stay with some relatives of mine. We want to sight see in downtown Charleston, and will have my friend's car, but I've heard that parking can be scarce in downtown Charleston. I'm wondering which mode of transportation is the most enjoyable/most affordable as far as tours of the city are concerned. My friend and I are both very interested in learning as much historically about the city as we can. We don't mind the heat, she's used to it and I love it anyway.

Thanks in advance,
      Leah

5 Answers Aug 2, 2012 at 7:28 AM