Chalmette

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• New orleans to Nashville car rental

New Orleans 10 minutes ago

Hi all, The misses and me are heading to New Orleans from Australia tomorow. We need to hire a car on the 17th and drop it off at Nashville on the 22nd. The cheapest i can find is $275 plus $300 one way fee (au dollars).

Surely theres a cheaper alternative, it seems excessively expensive.

Any tips on where to go or what to see on the way is also welcome. (misses wants to go via jackson then over to birmingham)

Cheers, Andrew

more
    • how is the re-structuring of Malus Beauregard doing?

by ekriechbaum Online Now Mar 30, 2007 at 10:35 PM

when I brought a students and faculty down from Mn in 2006 to the Fema site in Chalmette,(to muck homes) we stumbled one night ( out of boredom) upon the revered Civil War site and the famous Malus Beauregard Plantation house. My students (northerners) had never heard of the site except for a line or two in their history classes, and like myself had a deep concern for the house, the cemetery and the monument and wondered if all has been reconstructed to it's former grand self. I am hoping that after reading the damage that happened to it's interior that soon it will be brought back to it's glory and make it a living statement of what the US has and is in it's historical sense. Please don't let this house decay! Take a stand! Bring it back! Eileen Kriechbaum Bethlehem Academy Spanish Teacher.