change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• eti09's Profile Photo

Alone in december

Corralejo Dec 5, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Hi ! I m going alone in Corralejo from the 13th to 20th december. I took some kitecourses but i also want to visit or to do some activities there. Is anyone also there during this time ?

more
    • 18 year olds in Palma

Palma de Mallorca Nov 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Hi was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for things for young people to do in Palma? Preferably not too expensive. Also we are wanting to go clubbing where is the best best place to go?
      We're thinking of getting the bus to water parks or magaluf do you know how easy it is to get buses and how often they are? Thanks :)

more
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

balcony view Cabalgate 2017

Alcoy Nov 18, 2016 at 4:29 AM

I am looking to rent a place or a bedroom for one night with a balcony to see the Cabalgate . I am unable to stand to long hours and would love to see the parade. The tourist office told me to ask real estate agents . But maybe someone here knows someone who rent out there place with Airbnb. Thanks in advance
      Louise

more
    • Tinks1706's Profile Photo

Christmas Eve Church Service. Costa Adeje

Canary Islands Nov 15, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Myself and my husband are staying in Costa Adeje this Christmas. Would like to attend a Service Christmas Eve. Any recommendations? We are not Roman Catholic but are not concerned about this as long as we are genuinely welcome. An English Service would be preferable.

more
    • Tour guides - Spain

Spain 4 hours ago

Can anyone suggest some local tour operators who can arrange short trips (3-5 day) from Madrid to seville, cordoba, and grandada?

more
    • meeson's Profile Photo

24 hours bars in barcelona

Barcelona Dec 2, 2016 at 1:21 PM

Hi vt'ers
      Are there any 24 hour bars in Barcelona, hopefully easy to find. when I was last there there was one, Velodroma but I'm not sure now.
      cheers

more
    • Family Vacation Help

Spain Nov 24, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Hi, everyone,

I'm hoping to get a little help with a possible vacation to Spain this coming summer for two or three weeks. I'm pretty lost so far in terms of cities, neighborhoods, etc. It would be my husband, our kids (6 and 4), and me. In an ideal world, I'd love a trip that:

-allows us to spend time with locals (I have read that kids often play outside until late at night, and I'd love my kids to experience that, especially since my son goes to a Spanish immersion school)
      -is close to the beach for at least part of the trip
      -does not require renting a car
      -is close to kid-friendly activities

If you have any advice for me (the more specific, the better!), I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!

more
    • Disability travel in Seville

Sevilla Nov 19, 2016 at 10:24 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Seville in April. We have been to Catalonia many times and know the are well.
      Now we want to branch out and see more of Spain! Craig has difficulty walking and uses a scooter for any distances.
      We are working with a travel agency that works with disability travel. However, I am wondering if anyone has an
      Insights they might share for Seville and seeing the sights there.
      Thanks!!

more
    • things to on Sunday

Spain Nov 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Suggestions for what to do on Sunday. Have hire car dont mind travelling a couple of hours or so each way

more
    • Shops selling walking poles

Puerto de la Cruz Nov 9, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Are there any shops in Puerto de la Cruz where I may buy walking poles?

more
    • Easy travel via spain/Portugal

Spain Nov 28, 2016 at 1:20 AM

I'm wanting to travel from Oriheula to Granda to Córdoba to Seville to Faro to Lisbon to Madrid.

Would love advice on easiest way to travel ? And ideally the cheapest!

If trains which ones are best? Is there a Spain/Portugal train pass you can get for two weeks?

If rental cars are there any recommended companies for one way drop off?

Are there any 1 day or short multi day tours that go to these places or some of them?

Are there any restrictions traveling between to two countries?

Any help is kindly appreciated :)

more
    • things to do on Sundays

Fuengirola Nov 15, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Currently in fuengirola have a car don't mind travelling a couple of hours or so each way. Been told everything is closed as from Saturday mid day any suggestions please

more
    • Best hotel to stay at with rooftop bar

Barcelona Nov 26, 2016 at 11:31 PM

I am trying to stay at an affordable hotel with a nice rooftop bar in Barcelona. I would prefer something closer to Las Ramblas or Placa Cataluna, I believe. I really wanted to stay at Villa Emilia, however, it is sold out for my visit in September. Any advice for a hotel that would be in a $150-$200/night price range would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

more
    • Best place to stop for a night between San Sebastian & Granada?

Spain Nov 13, 2016 at 8:26 AM

Hello,

I will be driving from San Sebastian to Granada at the end of June and would like to stop somewhat half way. It looks like Madrid is about half way, but I have never been there so I don't know what driving there is like. Can you recommend a place maybe just outside that city that would still make it easy to get into with public transportation or maybe another city that would be worth visiting for a day?

We will also be going to Valencia for about a week in early June. Any recommendations for good neighborhoods to stay in? We will have our small dog, and love to be able to walk to markets and restaurants. Not really big nightlife people,

Thanks so much!
      Nicole

more
    • Car rentals Cadiz

Cadiz Nov 21, 2016 at 9:10 PM

On the various websites I can't seem to find a car rental firm in Cadiz. Particularly near the cruise port terminal.
      Do I have to travel to Sevilla to hire a car. I wish to travel to Sevilla,Malaga,Cartagena and finish in Valencia. I believe car is the only way to travel.

more
    • johnincornwall's Profile Photo

Is it worth the trip?

by johnincornwall Online Now Oct 30, 2014 at 6:56 AM

For regular posters/Spain dwellers etc:

Regulars will know we visit Spain twice a year and have covered much of the south and east plus a bit more! I'm thinking of staying somewhere near Malaga next Spring - not a problem where to stay there, loads of cheap villas/houses nowadays.

But I'm researching us taking in a trip to Ceuta, as it's only an hour by ferry. We could either go across in the morning and come back on the last ferry, or stay overnight at somewhere like the Ulises and come back next day at leisure - the trip isn't a problem.

The dilemma is that I am reading 2 versions of Ceuta across different sites - one where it's delightful, charming and historic, the other where there is nothing to see and you'd be glad to get back to mainland Spain.

I am heavily into history, speak fluent Spanish and love different places. The only cautionary note is my wife loves Spain but not North Africa - is it Spanish enough for her or a bit too influenced by Moroccan culture? We want to stroll around freely without being pestered. Help gratefully accepted as Ceuta and Melilla are a bit of a mystery.

10 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Border crossing from Ceuta to morocco in a car

by helen406 Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM

We arrive in ceuta from Algeciras with the car then need to cross into Morocco.
      What is the proceedure for crossing the border?
      Any tips please.

3 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 2:25 AM
    • Second-Hand Car Dealer in Ceuta

by hi_5 Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Hi there,

Could someone please help me? I urgently need a second-hand car dealer in Ceuta; does anyone know where I can find one and maybe even has his contact numbers? That would be a biiiggg help!

Thanks a lot if anyone could help me out.

Best wishes,

Steve

5 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    • xazy's Profile Photo

Ferry

by xazy Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM

how much the ferry from Ceuta to Algesiras for one person with a car and what is the time table?. Also how many ferry companies there? Thanks. Xazy

3 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • Luggage storage in Ceuta

by skyercyy Online Now Jan 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Is there any lugguage storage at Ceuta? I am planing to take ferry from Algeciras arriving at Ceuta in the morning and left for Tangier in the evening.

• Caravan storage in Ceuta?

by AScotsmanAbroad Online Now Jul 8, 2012 at 3:30 AM

As a resident in Agadir, Morocco, I am planning to buy & use a towing-caravan, I wonder if anyone knows if there are caravan-storage facilities or anyone privately avaialable in Ceuta? I'm looking at approx 6 months storage per year.

• Venelin's Profile Photo

Any Need to Buy a Ferry Ticket in Advance?

by Venelin Online Now Jul 29, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Hi.

I am planning to take a ferry from Ceuta to Algeciras on a Sunday evening in late September. I have no fixed schedule for the day yet, but I would still prefer a certain departure time. That is why I would like to ask you if there is any need to buy the ticket in advance, be it online or on arrival in Ceuta. Do they "run out" of tickets? I'm asking this because I saw that all companies offer a "reserved seat on board", which could theoretically mean that seats are limited in number and a Sunday evening might be a problem.
      I guess other ferries across the Strait of Gibraltar have the same tickets, so advice on these will probably guide me for the Ceuta-Algeciras line, too.

Thank you in advance
      Venelin

6 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    • 5 hours in Ceuta - any suggestions?

by herbshopgirl Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Hello,
      Our cruise ship will be docked in Ceuta for 5 hours. Would like to travel into Morocco since we are so close. Any suggestions on where we should go in Morocco given our limited time? Can anyone recommend a private tour company?
      Thank you,
      Susan

9 Answers Jul 30, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    • Hi can you tell me

by nikki37 Online Now May 23, 2008 at 5:53 AM

Hi, can anyone tell me about schools for children aged 11 nearly 12. I have been trying to find one in Ceuta now for 2 years.
      We will be moving to Ceuta soon, I am a disabled mum, and would like to know if there are any English speaking places.
      and where I can learn Spanish.
      We are in UK at the moment.

1 Answer Jul 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    • mcb's Profile Photo

Travelling Marocco from Ceuta

by mcb Online Now Mar 15, 2008 at 5:37 AM

Does anyone know if the frontier between Ceuta and Marocco closes at night? And at what hour?
      Thanks

5 Answers Apr 5, 2008 at 11:58 PM
    • Harry Potter?

by Kathv Online Now Jul 7, 2007 at 5:18 AM

Hi, does anyone know whether I can get the new Harry Potter book in English in Ceuta on the 21st (the release date)? thanks

• Boogie-Woogi's Profile Photo

Ceuta To Algeziras

by Boogie-Woogi Online Now Aug 5, 2006 at 10:53 AM

I wish to know the company,the tariffs & schedules for a crossing between Ceuta and Algésiras Outward journey the 3 or 4 Seven 2006 and Retour the 29 or 30 seven 2006.

I do not found the right inforamtion yet.

Thank you in advance

1 Answer Aug 6, 2006 at 1:21 AM
    • Car Hire in Ceuta

by chrisisbd Online Now Feb 15, 2005 at 7:46 AM

Is it possible to hire a car in Ceuta and drive into Morocco? If so can anyone suggest any car hire firms there?

1 Answer Feb 20, 2005 at 2:19 PM
    • westcaicosgirl's Profile Photo

Ceuta or Tangier

by westcaicosgirl Online Now Jun 2, 2004 at 4:15 AM

We are going to be on Holiday in Andalucia and wanted to go to North Africa for the day. But Ceuta or Tangier? I've always been fascinated by Ceuta but how like north Africa is it? Will I be disappointed that it is just like Spain? I've done plenty of travelling to tough places, so I'm not looking for an easy option - I've heard that Tangier is ghastly.....but that sort of appeals to me (!). Any comments anyone?

2 Answers Jun 2, 2004 at 11:37 AM
    • Karen10019's Profile Photo

Ceuta question restructured

by Karen10019 Online Now May 17, 2004 at 8:53 AM

Ok... maybe the question should be restructured. Why do people respond with disbelief when I mention that I am going to Ceuta? Their respone Is "Why Ceuta?" Can someone share at least one good point AND one bad point about Ceuta? I would just like to know if is worth the extra effort.. especially since I have been informed that I will be at the border crossing for a while. Thank s

2 Answers May 18, 2004 at 5:50 AM
    • Karen10019's Profile Photo

Why Ceuta?

by Karen10019 Online Now May 14, 2004 at 8:14 AM

Ok... I'm off to Morocco and I was contemplating visiting Ceuta. well... I keep getting a similiar response to this is part of my trip.... WHY are you going to Ceuta? well.. my question is... what's the issue with Ceuta? Can someone share their experiences regarding Ceuta? Thanks Karen

1 Answer May 15, 2004 at 10:42 AM