Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel to Montefalco

Rome Oct 18, 2016 at 5:17 AM

We will be staying in Rome for a couple of days without a car. We will then be renting a car to drive to Montefalco. Is it easier to rent and drive from Tuburtina rail station or the airport?

• What to do in a day and a half and restaurant suggestions....

Pisa 2 hours ago

Our family of four, 2 adults and 2 - 13 year olds, have just snapped up cheap tickets for a weekend in Pisa. We will be there from Dec 16-18 and technically on the ground for a half day and one full day. I see there is a free city tour, which we are big fans of doing and of course we will check out the tower. Can anyone recommend some other things to do? Is there a market area? Also looking for some good restaurant suggestions, not take away, but nice budget family friendly restaurants with some nice Italian food, which we all love. Since we have so little time on the ground we want to make the most of it. Thanks!

• dinner party for 80

Venice Oct 21, 2016 at 2:25 AM

I need to arrange a dinner for 80 people during the Venice Biennale next year and would like a modern upmarket restaurant preferable with views, any suggestions?

• Bus schedule

Florence Oct 8, 2016 at 12:49 AM

How late at night does bus number 17 run from the city center? I need to get from there to a hostel at midnight

• santanesia's Profile Photo

Soccer game in the first days of November.

Rome Oct 7, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Interested in going to see a soccer game in Rome between Oct. 31 and Nov. 4. Doesn't have to be First Division game; we'd just like to get the flavor of the local fans.

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Blue Grotto

Capri Oct 2, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Is it possible to visit Blue Grotto in January?

• Recommendations for restaurant (evening)

Italy Oct 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM

I'd like to receive suggestions for an italian-style restaurant in Rome near "the Termini" for the evening of Tuesday November 1st; price range 20-25Euros per person. Thank you for your help

• Travelling to Cinque Terre

Riomaggiore Oct 18, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Me and my 2 friends are travelling to Cinque Terre from 28th Oct till 31st Oct 2016. We are using Riomaggiore as our home base. Since all our bookings are done, I would like to be prepared for our stay. Do you think Cinque Terre (Restaurants, Hotels, Pubs, hiking trails etc.) will be partially closed during our stay given its an off season? also, will it rain a lot or will I face bad weather? I would really love to enjoy the sea view but I am Little worried about the weather. I understand none can predict climatic changes but your answers would really help me.

• Florence at Christmas

Florence Oct 15, 2016 at 8:23 AM

We are considering a visit to Florence from December 26 to Jan 1. This wil not be our first visit, but the first time spending a full week there. Any suggestions for activities? Any special holiday events? Should the weather be good enough for touring?

• Bride salon

Gaeta Oct 20, 2016 at 2:24 PM

Hello everybody!!
      Are there some bride salons in Gaeta? And where are they?

• Night taxi milan

Milan Oct 15, 2016 at 2:57 AM

Staying on Corso Buenos Aires 30, i want to get to central station at 4:00 am and been advised that walking at that time is not safe. Any night taxi stands, or online taxi booking ? ( I don't have local phone, but have Wifi) . Thank you.

• latanacio's Profile Photo

Bus to Salerno

Positano Oct 4, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Have booked a 9:52am train from Salerno and am staying in Positano. Should we be able to make it using the buses or would it be wiser to spend the night before in Salerno?

• latanacio's Profile Photo

Rome to Positano

Italy Oct 3, 2016 at 5:35 PM

What is the best way to travel to Positano from Rome? We need to leave in the afternoon in order to see Wednesday mass. Looking at high speed train to Salerno to avoid lots of changes, but not sure how difficult it will be to finish the journey on to Positano.

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Milan to Paris with TGV

Milan Oct 1, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Direct Trip from Milan to Paris with TGV in January has a nice landscape?

• buitensorg's Profile Photo

East/West Coast??

Italy Oct 23, 2016 at 5:32 AM

Where would you suggest we could stay for a month Jan/Feb next year, in a beautiful town where we can enjoy day trips out .....and soak up the Italian culture! Must be on the coastline.....where it will be a milder winter! Kind thanks, appreciated.

• David Tomorrow?

Florence Oct 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM

We only have tomorrow afternoon (Oct. 21) and night in Florence before we fly out Saturday morning. I really want to see the statue David but I hear that the lines are always long unless you're on a tour. Will I be able to get into a tour that lasts just an hour or 2 if I don't get there until noon or shortly after tomorrow? What is the best way to set something up? (We do not have a phone here....)

We plan to stay in an Airbnb apartment in Pont Vecchio. I would really appreciate your help with this as I don't want to spend our limited time waiting in line to see the exhibit. Also, do you have any other things that are nearby that would be quick and easy to see?

Many thanks in advance!

• Venice to San gim to Rome

San Gimignano Oct 8, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Hi, trying to figure out best way to do the rental car...should I train to Florence and rent a car there, or pick up the car in Venice and drive to s gim? Sounds like the drive isn't particularly scenic. And at the end of the week in San gim, we will be heading to Rome. I know not to drive there, so should I return the car in Florence, Siena, Orvieto, or Rome airport? We could take train from Florence, Siena or Orvieto. Thanks in advance,

• meeson's Profile Photo

im thinking of going to Treviso

Treviso Oct 14, 2016 at 3:49 AM

I might go to Treviso for new year as there is a rockabilly show on. how far is venice Treviso airport from Treviso and what are the costs of hotels etc.
      thank you fellow vt'ers in advance

• toreskobba's Profile Photo

Via Francigena San Gimignano to Siena

Tuscany Oct 5, 2016 at 2:16 PM

I have 4 days in Tuscanny in mid october and I was thinking about doing part of the Via Francigena, more specifically San Gimignano to Siena, or Ponte d'arbia to San Quirico. I like to take photos so which one of these would be nicest in fall. Or any other 3 day walks recommended in fall in that area? From what I have read its quite feasible to do it alone as it is quite well marked and with signs, but I find very little information about doing it alone, mostly tours. I am planning on taking the bus to San Gimignano and starting the next morning, does that sounds ok?

Warm regards
      Tore Skobba

• Amalfi base in early April

Sorrento Oct 18, 2016 at 4:57 PM

My fiance and I are planning out the details of our honeymoon, and will have 4 nights (2 full days, 2 partial days) to spend in the Amalfi region in the beginning of April. We will head there from Rome, and need to go back to Rome at the end of our last day for our flight home.

I've done a lot of research and I can't decide on the best city in the region to base ourselves; I'd appreciate some help in making that decisions. I am aware that it is low season and some hotels will be closed and the buses/ferries will be more limited.

Things that we want to do/see (hopefully with fairly easy transport from our base) -
      - Pompeii
      - coastal views, hiking, +/- horseback riding if we can find somewhere reasonably priced and the weather cooperates
      - possibly Paestum (both ruins and mozzarella) - if we have time, not super high on the priority list
      - not sure about Capri, leaning against it

Things we are less interested in -
      - shopping, souvenir shops
      - beach time (not the time of a year, not a priority)
      - high-end tourism/restaurants/bars
      - Naples

Any pointers on where we should use as a homebase and how to spend our days with these things in mind? Sorrento is what I've heard is the easiest base, but I've also been reading about some of the smaller towns being potential options (Vietri Sul Mare near Salerno, others) - what is the best choice given time of year and ease of transport?

• Advice on must see places of Sardinia?

Sardegna Oct 9, 2016 at 7:42 AM

We've booked 5 nights on the island of Sardinia and hoping to get some ideas on recommended areas to stay/visit? I feel that the island itself might be too large to choose anywhere to stay and then venture out each day. Thanks!

• Trenitalia Question

Italy Oct 19, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to book a trip from Venice to Malpansa Airport on 13th January but cant seem to book on the Trenitalia website.. The furthest in advance I can get tickets for this trip is early December. Does anyone know why this is or when tickets might be released for my date?

I have been able to book other train trips through Italy in January just not this one...

• saturation

Trentino-Alto Adige Oct 12, 2016 at 3:25 AM

What's the overrunness like in the Brenta / Adamello area compared to the Tre Cime / Cortina d'Ampezzo area?
      I'd hope it to be a little bit better but it's the one area I've never been to.

• peter1965's Profile Photo

Park & Ride Naples?

Naples Sep 29, 2016 at 11:10 AM

We are planning to stay outside of Naples, and then drive part way in when we need to. Is there a good place to park where we can then easily catch a bus or metro further into the centre?

• Gebirgswandern für Kniegschädigte??

Trentino-Alto Adige Oct 4, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Wir planen den nächsten Sommerurlaub im Valsugana oder Val di Cembra, hoffentlich ohne Massentourismus. Wir kennen Südtirol ganz gut und wollen die spektakulären, überlaufenen Regionen vermeiden. Im Gegensatz zu früher machen unsere Knie bei grösseren Abstiegen leider nicht mehr mit...also:
      Wo in der Nähe gibt es Seilbahnen / Sessellifte, die auch im Sommer geöffnet sind?
      Und wo gibt es schöne Talwanderungen (an Bächen entlang)?

• eating out

by Juliejones01 Online Now Sep 3, 2015 at 12:28 PM

What's a typical price when eating out in cervia please

1 Answer Sep 3, 2015 at 12:47 PM
    • Question title

by a6316 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Help me, please, to find an appartment or part of villa in Cervia or near (-+5km). Dates - 23 june, 2 weeks.
      Family two adults and three childs (11,10,1). Idealy, 2 rooms in small house with pool, not very far from sea 100-300m.

2 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    • hotel universal

by ianandmaura Online Now Mar 17, 2011 at 2:16 AM

have been looking at staying in this hotel. as a family of 5 people, mum, dad, a 22yr old an 18 yr old & an 11 yr old we have been offered a family room ---2 adjoining rooms with 1 bathroom. i have been onto munerous web sites & even the select hotels web site but cannot find the size of these rooms. the hotel itself has said they measure approx 15 sq mts. has anyone any experience of these rooms or the hotel itself. any help would be appreciated