Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Catania or Palermo?

Sicilia Oct 21, 2016 at 7:05 AM

We recently obtained well priced flights to Sicily and I also had enough points to stay at the Sheraton in Catania for free for a week in Feb. My question is, is there enough to do in and around Catania for a week in Feb, given that beaches will be out of the question? are we better off in Palermo? Accomodation around Palermo seems very reasonable too so I don't mind opting out of my points booking as it is refundable and perhaps booking a place in Palermo if there is more to do and see for our family. Thanks!

• Palermo Airport to Cefalu

by osiochain Online Now Sep 15, 2015 at 8:37 AM

I am arriving at Palermo at 10.40 approx on Ryanair. Is there a Bus service to Palermo and on to Cefalu? I can get no information on the Trenitalia website. Apparently there are no trains running between the Airport and Cefalu on Sunday!!! Ronan.

P.S. I forgot to indicate that I am arriving next Sunday.

4 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 3:46 PM
    • public tranportation

by DorotheaM Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I would like to visit Messina from taormina. I would also like to go to Cefalu. From there is there any transportation to Roccoapalumba?

5 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 2:03 AM
    • OlgaE3's Profile Photo

Free car parking

by OlgaE3 Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Hello! May I kindly ask you to advise when can I find a free parking in Cefalu? Thanks a lot in advance! Olga

4 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    • Lcannar's Profile Photo

Motorcycle rental

by Lcannar Online Now Oct 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM

We would like to rent a motorcycle. Does anyone have the name/website of somewhere in Cefalu that we could rent?

1 Answer Oct 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

bus from Campofelice di Roccella to Cefalu

by Savl1 Online Now Aug 27, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Does anybody know where I can see a bus shedule between Campofelice di Roccella and Cefalu?

6 Answers Aug 29, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

Luggage Storage in Cefalu

by Savl1 Online Now Aug 9, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I read that the train station does not have any luggage storage. But I read it is possible to leave my luggage at Cefalu's Tourist Information Office (Corso Ruggero 77). Is it really possible? And when the Tourist Information Office is open?

1 Answer Aug 9, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    • Questions about Hiring Transport to Cefalu from Palermo Airport

by Footnote Online Now Feb 11, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Does anyone know how much time it takes to get from Palermo Airport to Cefalu on a Saturday afternoon in a transport hire?

I am trying to decide if it is easier to hire a driver or take the train. We will have two adult and three children with us who will have been awake for 20 hours.

Can anyone recommend a driver or company for 7 people that that they have used? Price to expect?

Foot Note

• cefalu temprature

by wonkleback Online Now Sep 14, 2008 at 7:00 AM

thinking of visiting cefalu in late october what sort of weather and air and sea tempratures would i be expecting?

1 Answer Jan 27, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    • hydrorama's Profile Photo

Where is the train station?

by hydrorama Online Now Aug 23, 2008 at 1:12 AM

Can anyone tell me where the station is at in Cefalu? I'm also looking for a good map of Cefalu, any help is appreciated.

3 Answers Feb 25, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    • Natalya2006's Profile Photo

How to get from Palermo airport to Cefalu?

by Natalya2006 Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 9:56 AM

We plan to travel to Sicily in October 2008 and stay in CEALU. Who knows the best way (and cheap!) from Palermo airport to Cefalu?
      thanks in advance

3 Answers Jul 27, 2008 at 3:12 AM
    • oreiss's Profile Photo

i want to find real places at movie "Cinema Paradiso"

by oreiss Online Now May 16, 2005 at 1:23 AM

"Cinema Paradiso" is my best movie in whole my life..
      i love that movie sooooo much..

So, i want to find real location, and i found some information about Cefalu, but i can't find that plaza~ and some place in the movie

anyone know about that? (real places in the movie Cinema Paradiso)

i know, it's funny question and it's only for movie film set.. but.. some places are real.. i believe... and i really want to go there....

plz help me and thanks for reading

5 Answers May 21, 2005 at 5:57 PM
    • stanrubin's Profile Photo

Where to stay while in Sicily for one week in March??

by stanrubin Online Now Oct 11, 2004 at 3:21 PM

Is Cefalu a central place to stay so as not to have to switch hotels, yet get to see the entire island??

4 Answers Jul 25, 2008 at 1:38 AM
    • Costs in Sardinia/Sicily

by seasidegirl Online Now Jul 25, 2004 at 9:36 AM

Please can someone give me an idea of costs in Sardinia and/or Sicily. I may have found a reaonably priced break but I don't want to blow the budget on food and transport costs.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2006 at 7:59 AM