Catania

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Shopping hours

Siracusa Nov 13, 2016 at 2:00 AM

We will be in Siracusa next week and would like to do some clothes shopping. Can somebody please tell me what are the general opening hours for shops?

more
    • Sicily Adventure

Sicilia Nov 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Have today booked a holiday in Taormina to celebrate our Golden Wedding. We have been to Italy plenty of times so know the mainland reasonably well but have never been to Sicily. We are both fit and active and prefer to use public transport rather than join organised groups. During our holiday (10 days ) what is considered to be a must see/do to get the most out of our time spent in Sicily.

Canolbarth (Wales)

more
    • Catania cruise port to city center

by AndreFaucher Online Now Sep 24, 2016 at 11:26 AM

We will be in Catania in November in a cruise. Is the cruise port close to the center of Catania? Can we visit the Catania's main attractions by foot from the ship Harbour?

3 Answers Sep 25, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    • Newquay56's Profile Photo

Airport to Aci Trezza

by Newquay56 Online Now Aug 3, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Hi, I wondered how straightforward it was to catch a bus from the airport to Aci Trezza as the taxi fare seems a bit steep. Our flight comes in at approx 10am and the return flight is at approx 10.30.Thanks for help!

1 Answer Aug 3, 2016 at 1:49 PM
    • Catania to Taormina to Savoca

by juliehag Online Now Jun 20, 2016 at 5:49 AM

We are travelling to Catania from Rome for 1 night on September 27th. We land at 2pm. We are travelling by bus to Taormina (where we are staying) and are wondering if it would be possible to go to Savoca from Taormina. I think we land too late in the day to join a guided Godfather Tour, but we would still like to go up and see the Village etc. Would this be possible?

Thank you

2 Answers Jun 20, 2016 at 11:53 PM
    • Mount Etna

by malita Online Now May 18, 2016 at 11:47 PM

Hi

We will be travelling to Sicily next week and would like to go to Etna. There has been some volcanic activity in the last days. Is there a website that shows whether it's still possible to get to Etna and which areas/points are still safely accessible?

Thanks

5 Answers May 23, 2016 at 12:17 AM
    • Dimcdoo's Profile Photo

Trains or bus

by Dimcdoo Online Now Apr 6, 2016 at 7:52 AM

hi am travelling from Catania to Palermo from Tuesday to Sunday have heard Italian trains are a bit of a nightmare would a bus be a better idea ? Will have luggage 

2 Answers Apr 7, 2016 at 1:10 AM
    • Bus Catania - Trapani - Catania

by VincentM18 Online Now Oct 19, 2014 at 2:39 AM

I am Maltese and am travelling to Sicily. I would like to know how to travel Catania to Trapani and vice-versa. Vince

3 Answers Oct 19, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Shops/Supermarkets..

by philosykos Online Now Sep 27, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Would be arriving after 7 p.m. to Hotel in Catania...at Via S Michele..Till what time can I find a supermarket open? And where would be the closet one to me?? Also shops till what time?Many thanks!

7 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 4:22 AM
    • Travel between cities

by shawkins Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 7:34 AM

How to travel between Catania and Rogliano calabria

2 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Mount Etna?

by yavili Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 5:49 AM

I'll be in Catania second week of October and I wonder how to go to Mount Etna without renting a car? Do I need to sign up to an organized tour? If I catch the only daily bus, how far will it take me? Grazie.

5 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Museum of Sicilian Carts in Catania....

by philosykos Online Now Aug 24, 2014 at 2:05 AM

I see there is a Museum of Sicilia Carts in Catania..Via L Capuana38..Has anyone been?? There is only a phone number and says by reservation only....Any info welcome! Thxs!

3 Answers Aug 24, 2014 at 4:43 AM

One day bus tours from Catania...

by philosykos Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Hello I may be in Catania last week in October.Hoping to do a day to Taormina and another to Syracusa/Notos.I am having trouble finding companies in Catania that offer day group tours..everything seems to be private and very expensive! I just cannot be bothered taking a bus myself so would prefer a group bus tour..Can anyone give me info??Or help out? Many thanks!

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • catania lodging

by susangale Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 9:27 AM

taking train from Catania Sicily to mainland and looking for a safe place to stay for one night not too far from train station but with accessibility t some of the sights.

5 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM
    • Catania about 4 hours

by Travelbug123098 Online Now Aug 1, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Hi, I have about 4 hours to kill in Catania on a Saturday afternoon at the beginning of September. Anyone have an idea of the most interesting least hassle causing thing to do? Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 3:09 AM
    • transport and places to visit

by MariaD52 Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Im going on a day holiday by plane and going to stop at Catania airport. I would like to have a taxi or some guides about how im going to travel round? and please can tou suggest some interesting places to visit?
      Thanks

2 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM
    • Catania airport to Messina port

by MarcetteS Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Hi I shall be landing in Catania Airport heading to Messina port for our cruise. Can anyone please tell me whether there is a bus leaving from the airport which takes you directly to the port? Thanks

1 Answer Jun 5, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • Clearing Immigration at Catania Airport

by VT_Eileen Online Now May 26, 2014 at 4:53 AM

I arrive at 18.30 on a bank holiday at Catania Airport and have to take a bus (SAIS) to Agrigento (2hrs 40 minutes). How long will it take me to reclaim my checked bag and get through customs? If anyone has any idea that would be really helpful so I can book my onward transport. Many thanks.

1 Answer May 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • Transfer Catania Airport to Palazzolo Acreide

by steveadkins57 Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Elderly couple travelling from Catania Airport to Palazzolo Acreide 4th may 2014 returning 11th May

1 Answer Apr 19, 2014 at 1:17 AM
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

hiking day trip on mount Etna

by FlyingDutchmen Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Hi
      I am in May in Catania. Can I hike myself upon Mount Etna? Do I need a tour?
      Hope to hear from anybody.
      Tobias

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Mosquitoes - a few or alot?

by therock7 Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Are mosquitoes a problem in September? Is it a small thing or big thing?

4 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 3:09 AM
    • Catania & Siracusa

by Sandynola Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 11:31 AM

A friend and I are planning on spending several days in Catania in early June. We can't decide whether to try a day trip to Siracusa or to stay there a day or two. What would you suggest?

Sandy

11 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM
    • Shuttle from Train Station/Airport in Catania

by aldo3497 Online Now Dec 21, 2013 at 6:11 AM

how frequent is /are the buses that go from Catania Centrale train station to Catania Fontanarossa Airport and how do i get a list of departure times

3 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    • AnastasiiaB's Profile Photo

New Year Celebration

by AnastasiiaB Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Hi guys.
      we are group of 4 people who plan to celebrate new year in Catania.
      What will you recommend to do or where to go?

2 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    • bmiller39's Profile Photo

restaurant near Excelsior Hotel (Vernga piazza) Cantania Sicily

by bmiller39 Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Wondering if there are any recommended restaurants in the vicinity of our hotel. ?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 1:46 AM
    • Which bus?

by conticj Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM

which bus do I take from the central bus station to go to S.G. La Punta?

2 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    • Pallag's Profile Photo

car hire catania

by Pallag Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Do you have any reccomendation about car hire in catania airport for 13 days? Thank you.

4 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • Getting from Catania Centrale station to bus terminal for Virtu Ferries

by Scondo Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Has anyone caught the train to Catania and then the bus to Pozzollo to catch the ferry to Malta? My daughter will be arriving at Catania station with very little time to spare and I'd like to be able to offer her easy directions to take the stress out of the trip.

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 3:32 AM
    • Bus to Catania

by lackybird Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Hey guys. I am traveling from Palermo to Catania. How can I get there when my plain arrives to Palermo at 20h in the evening? Are there buses/trains available?

3 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    • thoughts

by jpolito55 Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM

going to Catania staying at crossing the rock santa maria la scala talk about the good and bad, to see and avoid

1 Answer Jun 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

Etna eruption situation

by diana_renou Online Now May 9, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Hi everybody, which is the situation of the Etna volcano eruption in Catania and Taormina. There are any problems about that? Many thanks for any advice!!

3 Answers May 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

From Catania to Taormina by bus. Which "fermata"?

by diana_renou Online Now May 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Hi everybody. I am going from Palermo to Catania on Sunday by Sais bus company. Then I would like to take the Interbus from Catania to Taormina town... And the question is: Which is a best option in orden to take the Interbus Catania-Taormina? To get off from the Sais bus in the bus stop in Fontanarrosa airport in Catania or in Catania city?I I . Thanks a lot for any advice!

7 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 7:07 AM