Castilla-La Mancha

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lakes in Almogia?

Almogía Oct 18, 2016 at 1:53 AM

We are staying in Almogia in July/August 2017 we would like to know if we are close to any lakes suitable for swimming. Thanks

• Altea from Alicante

Spain Oct 14, 2016 at 12:57 AM

Does anyone know the easiest way to transfer from Alicante railway station to Altea by public transport. there looks like there is a bus or a tram but I can't find the details of stops etc

• water park

L'Estartit Oct 12, 2016 at 9:51 AM

we are staying at the roma apartments september next year is there a water park near by please

• ma3333's Profile Photo

Pyrenees in october

Pyrenees Oct 4, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Next week I'll be heading to spain for a hiking trip. were planing to hike a 5 days trek on the gr 11 trail . I don't have much experience with hiking this time of the year, so perhaps some people here can help me answer some of the following questions:

- Are the winter rooms in the huts open? how do i contact the operators?
      - If so, what is provided in the winter rooms (matress, blankets?) and what is the procedure? Do I need to get a key, where and how do I need to pay? is there a fireplace or a posibilty of lighting fire inside the huts?
      - Does anybody know about the current conditions? Is there already a lot of snow (compared to other years)? What is a good place on the web to find out about local conditions?

Any further general tips from experienced people are always welcome. Many thanks in advance!

• Taxi from Murcia to La Manga

Murcia Sep 30, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Any ideas on how long it would take to get a taxi from Murcia Bus Station to La Manga - and how much it would cost?

• Busking, Las Palmas

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Oct 15, 2016 at 4:12 AM

Do You know, is there allowed to busking like a human statue on Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (la playa de Las Canteras) and on the other cities on island. Does they requires licence?

Thanks for any help.

• Tips for Palma

Palma de Mallorca Oct 6, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Hello guys.
      My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Palma around end of October.
      We are in our mid 20's and found some really cheap tickets for 3 days in Palma.
      What would you recommend us to see, in which part to stay (cheap)?
      Looking forward to any tips, advices and answers.
      Thank you.

• Flamenco shops & Parking

Sevilla Oct 1, 2016 at 1:27 AM

Where is the nearest place on non-metered parking near the cathedral please - we parked a 20 minute walk on the outskirts of town by the metro down from the Alcatraz and saw one large church but not the cathedral and missed out on a lot of the barrie gothic

When we were walking down from the large church keeping straight we went into a large shop selling shawls and beautiful fans - they gave me a dark green carrier bag - my friend is into salsa/tango dancing and I would like to get some reasonably priced fans - any suggestions please

Really looking forward to going back to this lovely city - planning to go Mid Nov Many thanks

• dog friendly beaches / bars

Santander Sep 30, 2016 at 3:33 AM

I have never been to Santander or Spain I would like to go next September and would have to bring my pet dog via the ferry so would have a car I have found many places to stay so that's ok but what are the bars like with dogs and are the beaches dog friendly ?

• boasnovas's Profile Photo

Catalunya Oct 17, 2016 at 1:23 PM

I`ve been to Barcelona already, but never in winter time. We are going in Febuary to Barcelona for 6 days. Any suggestion in the city or maybe day trips that we could do by car? thanks

• One day in Barcelona. Nou Camp.

Barcelona Oct 13, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Hi All,

I am travelling this weekend to watch Barcelona FC match ( starts at 16:15 Local ). I am travelling with 11 year old son.
      My flight arrives in Barcelona at 09:50 and I need to go to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel. Any idea how long will it take for me from this Hotel( which I suppose is very close to airport) to get to Nou Camp. Is there any time I should target to reach Nou Camp? I am not sure if I should go to Town centre spend around an hour or so ( eat food etc) and then head to Nou Camp.

Any advise is highly appreciated?

• Best public transportation from Barcelona Airport to Grand Torre hotel Catalunya?

Barcelona Sep 30, 2016 at 10:42 PM

What is the best and easy way to go from aiport to my hotel, and from hotel to port of Barcelona?
      Can we buy a ticket for hop on hop off bus at the hotel or have to buy it online? Thanks for your advise.

• BurrenYoga's Profile Photo

Data SIM Card in Lanzarote

Isla de Lanzarote Oct 18, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Does anybody know of what deals exist to buy a Data SIM card in Lanzarote?

I am hoping to buy a 2 GB data SIM card for my unlocked MiFi device, and when it runs out, to buy a new one.

Just in case coverage of the different networks vary by location, I will be mainly using this in Costa Teguise.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

• Veltra Tour (4-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville and Granada from Madrid)

Spain Oct 9, 2016 at 6:57 AM

I am planning a trip to Spain in April 2017. Have anyone heard of Veltra Tour company? I am thinking about booking a 4 day trip (4-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville and Granada from Madrid) with the company. Or if you have any suggestions on a tour company in Spain, it would be great.

• raj11's Profile Photo

Isla de teneriffa OR Isla de Fuerteventura.. which one is better ??

Isla de Fuerteventura Oct 6, 2016 at 7:49 AM

We are a family of 3 (me , my husband and our 7 years old kid).. and wanted to know which would be a better holiay destination in your opinion among Isla de teneriffa and Isla de Fuerteventura.. We would like to have a relaxed location with beautiful surroundings and kids friendly beaches

• Best Place to go

Nerja Sep 25, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Hii Everyone, I am new to this and did post a question yesterday and now I cant find it, lol, so Im going to try husband and I will be travelling from Canada in June 2017 and thought I had found a great place to go and now am having second thoughts.....I had planned on us staying in Nerja but I have come across so much negative talk with regards to a "sewage" problem....any comments or suggestions? Ideally the location we stay in will be a smaller city/town with easy access to beaches/shops/restaurants.....preferably that allows us to experience the spanish culture with modern conveniences....

• Do most hotels in Spain have free Wi-Fi?

Spain 20 hours ago

I was just wondering if most hotels in Spain have a reliable, fast Wi-Fi connection.

• Long term rental for this winter

Cadiz Oct 6, 2016 at 8:04 AM

My husband and I are planning to spent the winter in Costa de La Luz. We are looking to rent a studio/appartment/ small house ( one bedroom, living room, kitchen) for approximatively 2 or 3 months (from December till March),what kind of a price would I be looking at? I would be curious to know if anybody could recommend sites or resources to view (cheap) rental listings and if possible to get in touch directly with owners.

• Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit

Barcelona Sep 26, 2016 at 7:44 AM

I am from the US and am studying abroad in Barcelona for 87 days. There is no way for me to get a student visa, and my program director can't extend my trip by 3 days in order for me to get a visa. I my family is planning on meeting me in Barcelona on my 87th day and we are planning to go to Italy on my 89th or 90th day. We are planning on staying in Italy for about 10 days, staying in only Italy for those 10 days, and then flying back to the US from Italy. If I get caught overstaying my 90 day limit, what are the consequences? Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this? Would it be smarter to just meet my family in Italy rather than have them meet me in Spain (saving money and already be in Italy before I reach my 90 day limit). Thank you! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Odiya's Profile Photo

where to stay

Toledo Jan 30, 2016 at 11:52 AM

My plan to visit historic places in Spain i.e. Cordoba, Toledo, Sivelle, Granada. which city I should make my base to visit one place peer day and return back? Or which cities I should stay to cover above.

Then leave for Morocco by cruise?

6 Answers Feb 4, 2016 at 4:54 AM
    • Spa in Toledo

Toledo Dec 28, 2015 at 7:33 PM

I am looking for a spa where i can get a massage in Toledo.

• Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

From Madrid to Toledo on December 31

Toledo Nov 25, 2015 at 12:16 AM

I supposed to arrive at Barajas International Airport of Madrid at 17:00. I’m going to take a taxi and reach Puerta Atocha Railway Station. There I supposed to take a train and get Toledo.
      The problem is, all this should happen on December 31 and last train from Atocha leaves for Toledo at 18:50 hours. So, if my airplane will not be late then I will have enough time to catch this last train and get Toledo. But what should I do if my airplane will be late? What is the best option to get Toledo in case I miss that last train?
      1. Should I take a taxi at Barajas International Airport and ride to Toledo? How much it will cost (approximately)?
      2. Should I take ALSA bus from T-4 Terminal in Barajas? Does ALSA have buses to Toledo from T-4? Do they provide transportation till late evening December 31?
      3. Should I take a bus at Plaza Eliptica Bus Station? Do buses leaving from this bus station provide transportation till late evening December 31?

And in case I will succeed to get Toledo by train. Will taxi available in Toledo Railway stations late evening December 31 (about 19:00)?
      Thank you in advance. Answers of people living in Madrid and Toledo will be especially appreciated.

7 Answers Jan 1, 2016 at 11:00 AM
    • Transport links to Campo de Criptana

Campo de Criptana Sep 6, 2015 at 1:41 PM

I start teaching in Campo de Criptana in October. I want to live in Alcazar de San Juan and travel in. Would I be able to get to school by 9:00am using public transport?

2 Answers Sep 7, 2015 at 1:16 AM
    • lomi's Profile Photo

Wine and food tours in Toledo

Toledo Jun 18, 2015 at 4:13 AM

I have seen tours on offer that start in Madrid for Toledo wine tasting and visits, But is there anything actually starting in Toledo to tour some of the bodegas?

Does anyone know of other tours starting in Toledo we could go on for the day and back to Toledo?

• lomi's Profile Photo

How safe is Toledo from robberies

Toledo Jun 18, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Last time i went to Madrid we were surrounded by a mob if schoolchildren and robbed on the train. How safe is Toledo?

3 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 6:15 AM
    • lomi's Profile Photo

What is near Toledo worth seeing?

Toledo May 31, 2015 at 7:36 AM

We are staying in Toledo for 4 nights. (We are not city types & Madrid would be overwhelming.). Is there anywhere near Toledo we could visit? We have 3 more nights to go before we have to catch a flight from Barajas, Madrid. We don't mind using car, bus or hire car.

2 Answers May 31, 2015 at 8:36 PM
    • Day trip to Cuenca from Madrid

Cuenca Nov 18, 2014 at 12:31 AM

We will be in Madrid in May and would like to do a day trip to Cuenca using public transportation. What would be our options?
      Thank you.

7 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Toledo escalator

Toledo Sep 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Hallo my friends. Can you tell me if the escalator of Toledo city goes up and down or only up? Thank you very much.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Tavera Hospital opening hours

Toledo Sep 4, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Dear friends. I am trying all day today to figure out what is going on with the Tavera hospital opening hours and the way one can visit the museum of the hospital.
      Before this year's anniversary of El Greco it was open 10 a 14:30, y de 15 a 18:30 and you could visit the museum only with guided tours at 10:15 - 11:00 - 11.45 - 12:30 - 13:30 - 15.15 - 16:00 - 16:45 - 17:30.
      Now they told me that it is open 10.00-20.00 but only for the exhibition (what exhibition? there is no exhibition now at the hospital) and that one can visit the museum only by quided tours at the times I mentioned before. But this way there is a blank between 18.15 that the last tour finishes and 20.00 that they say the museum closes.Their english is not so good and I can't understand what they want to say, whereas I don't speak spanish and thus we can't understand each other.
      In addition, the "El Greco 2014" foundation, informed me that the hospital will be open from 10.00-20.00 and no guided tours will be necessary for the museum.
      Could you pls help me with this mess? Thank you very much.

4 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    • Name and E-mail address of Jeweler at Calle Reyes Catolicos 2D 45002 in Toledo

Toledo Aug 18, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Senor, Senora, or Senorita,

We are looking for the name and E-mail address of a jeweler at the approximate address listed above to order a full size sword (if he has one) made like Jeanne d'Arc. We purchased a Templar sword from him in 2012 when we were there. We were unable to contact Hotel Pintor El Greco (where we always stay when we are in Toldeo) as nothing ever goes through their website. Any help would be appreciated. Gracias! My e-mail address is

1 Answer Aug 19, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Tavera Hospital opening hours

Toledo Aug 11, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Pls my friends can you help me. I've read in the "Foundacion El Greco 2014" site, at the section "Programma-Espacios Greco" that the Hospital Tavera is going to be open all days from 10.00-20.00. Whereas all the other relevant sites give the ordinary so far opening times of the hospital from 10.00-13.30 & 15.00-17.30. The hospital doesn't have an e-mail address so I can't ask them. If you can find any clue pls contact me. Thanks a lot.

1 Answer Sep 4, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Hotel Parador de Toledo

Toledo Aug 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Hallo again my friends. In order to have the "El Greco" view of Toledo I'm thinking of going up to the Parador de Toledo hotel on the hill. Do you know if one can just go and take photos from the balcony? Well, that seems hard to believe. So maybe we can sit outside and order sth. to eat. How about that? Is it possible? And how can we get to know the hours that dinner or a beer is served? Can we just appear at any time and ask for a tapa? Do you have any idea of the prices? Any hint would be mostly appreciated.

1 Answer Jan 12, 2015 at 12:29 AM
    • Wineries to visit

Valdepeñas Jul 27, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Looking for a map or guide to wineries to visit in Valdepenas area traveling from Toledo to Cordoba

• agathi's Profile Photo

Good hotel???

Toledo May 23, 2014 at 4:17 AM

Hallo, again my friends. Although I haven't statred working our plan yet, I'm just booking our hotels. We will be in Toledo for one night and we would like some suggestion of a hotel at the price of around 60-70 euros/night. If you have any idea of sth. that combines this rate with a tradional medieval old atmosphere it would be great. Thank you very much.

4 Answers May 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    • Barajas to Toledo

Toledo May 7, 2014 at 6:41 AM

HI 4 of us are having a few days in Toledo.. How much would a taxi be from Barajas to Toledo and how long would it take. We are only taking cabin luggage and though the taxi may be quicker than messing with going to Atocha and getting the train.

Regards Ian

3 Answers May 7, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • What to do or see in the neighbourhood of Casas de los Pinos?

Casas de los Pinos Apr 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM

We have a few hours to spend in the neighbourhood of Casas de los Pinos on out way down to southern Spain. Is there something "must do or see" thing?

• hi can u help me travel in places near toledo spain

Toledo Mar 30, 2014 at 5:40 AM

what is the best way to travel from toledo to andalusia and how lon does it take

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 5:58 AM
    • Train Trip Valencia to Cuenca

Cuenca Mar 29, 2014 at 8:56 PM

How do I find a train timetable from Valencia to Cuenca. I have looked at Renfe but I cannot get a timetable to come up for the 10.6.14 so as to be able to look at the times and dates

6 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

tour to La mancha from Toledo

Toledo Mar 19, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Actually we wish to make the tour Toledo-Consuegra-Puerto Lapice-Campo de Criptana-El Toboso-Toledo. The local transport is inadequate. Do you think that a taxi would cost a lot? But on the other hand we must rent the taxi for a day since we would certainly want to stop and look around in these places. Do you have any idea how can one do this spesific route? I have checked all the tours that are advertised from Toledo to La mancha but nth actually fits.
      I have also found a company named Avec of Luxury where you can rent a car with a driver. But their site is only in spanish. Do you thing it is ok?

17 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 4:56 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

A day tour to la mancha

Puerto Lápice Mar 18, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Actually we wish to make the tour Toledo-Consuegra-Puerto Lapice-Campo de Criptana-El Toboso-Toledo. The local transport is inadequate. Do you think that a taxi would cost a lot? But on the other hand we must rent the taxi for a day since we would certainly want to stop and look around in these places. Do you have any idea how can one do this spesific route? I have checked all the tours that are advertised from Toledo to La mancha but nth actually fits.

• agathi's Profile Photo

A day tour to la mancha

Campo de Criptana Mar 18, 2014 at 3:42 PM

• Alhambra tickets

Alhambra Feb 27, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Is it worthwhile to get a day and night ticket there? There is an option to do a two day "experience" one day and one evening...

2 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • Can I buy an SD memory card for my camera in Toledo?

Toledo Feb 21, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I'm coming to Toledo and need to buy a memory card for my camera. Is there a place there where I can get one?

3 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    • shunra's Profile Photo

a scenic drive from toledo southwards

Toledo Feb 11, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Hello everybody,
      could somebody recommend the most beautiful itinerary from Toledo southwards, to Andalusia?

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • Travel Toledo-Granada Easter Monday

Toledo Feb 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM

We want to travel from Toledo to Granada, preferably by train, on Easter Monday 21 April. I can't find any listings on the internet for trains (Toledo/Madrid and then Madrid/Granada) which would enable it that day. Does everything close down that day? Would a bus get us to Madrid in time for a train connection (I'm having trouble finding buses that day too)?

Is there a Tourism Office in Toledo that we could check with?

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • monday tours

Toledo Jan 16, 2014 at 2:12 AM

what is closed in madrid on mondays?

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    • ABQ_Hugh's Profile Photo

Train: Toledo>Atocha>Madrid Airport ?

Toledo Jan 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Hi, I have friends visiting Madrid for several days before flying out of Madrid Barajas airport.

Because their flight isn't until 1130am, I was going to suggest that rather than visit Toledo on a daytrip, they should spend their last night there then go to the airport the next morning. The Toledo city buses from Pl. Zodocover start running early enough to catch an early AVANT train to Atocha, then take the frequent C1 Cercanias train to the airport.

Only thing I don't know is how is the transfer between AVANT train and the Cercanias? I figure the platforms are probably close to each other but I thought I would ask. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Answer Jan 14, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    • rtpana's Profile Photo

Transportation between Cuenca and Alarcon

Cuenca Nov 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Is there a bus or train between Cuenca and Alarcon? Thank you. Ana

1 Answer Nov 7, 2013 at 3:25 AM
    • shunra's Profile Photo

an hotel in Toledo

Toledo Oct 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hello everybody,
      I am looking for a not-too-expensive hotel in the the historical center of Toledo.
      The hotel must be easily accessible by car and have a parking lot or a garage.
      (I hope I am not asking for too much).
      Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

6 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM