Castelo de Paiva

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Help need online souvenir shop!!

Albufeira Aug 8, 2016 at 3:38 AM

I just came back from albufeira, I had bought all nice souvenirs from the shop near the escalators near Praia pescadores. Picture frames, wooden light houses. All for my kids. Please tell me there is a shop that sells it online that I could buy from?!!! This is heartbreaking! I had lost the whole bag of souvenirs.

more
    • south of the tagus

Lisbon Aug 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM

We are hoping to do a day trip to Freeport outlet centre, taking the ferry across from terreiro do paco and coming back by bus over the vasco de gama bridge. However i am having a lot of difficulty working out the TST schedule. Can anyone help. Which bus will take us from the ferry at Montijo to the beach at Samouco to see the flamingos. Which stop would it be best to get out. Then we want to get a bus on to Freeport outlet shopping and finally take a bus over the bridge to Gare Oriente. My plan is to take the 412 from the ferry to Samouco and then the 431 from Samouco to Freeport and on to Gare Oriente. Has anyone a better or simpler plan.

more
    • streetname

Lisbon Jul 30, 2016 at 6:47 AM

araspot.com/lisbon-v78m1a1er...

Could anyone help me finding the name of this street? Would really appreciate it

more
    • A day and night in Lisbon

Lisbon Aug 10, 2016 at 12:15 AM

We are flying from Seville to Lyon in mid September but the flight takes us into Lisbon from Seville, then out to Lyons. What could we/should we do to make one day/night in Lisbon memorable? We like art, food, scenery, wine, literature, people. Not really sporty. Any hotel suggestions welcome also.

more
    • ANNE930's Profile Photo

Travelling from Porto to Sintra/Cascais by train

Portugal Aug 6, 2016 at 3:30 AM

Hi All, I am planning my trip to Portugal in Oct. I want to take the train from Porto to Sintra/Cascais and stay there for 2 days. Then I will leave for Lagos or Faro by train again. I have checked the websites and find that there are no direct train from Porto to Sintra/Cascais (need to change stations), though the websites can still show the itinerary. I wonder if this route is workable or are there any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

Anne

more
    • Is Porto a good walking city?

Porto Aug 15, 2016 at 11:49 AM

I'm wondering if Porto is hilly like Lisbon or is it nice and flat making it easier for older folks to walk around in.
      Ephtaim

more
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Movie cinema

Lisbon Aug 12, 2016 at 2:28 PM

Hi
      Is there a cinema i lisbon (near Rossio) which shows movies in original laguage?
      Thank you in advance :-)

more
    • Safe to walk at night?

Lisbon Jul 27, 2016 at 11:38 PM

My wife and I who are in our 50s will be visiting Lisbon in August for 5 days. We have booked a place which is about 4 minutes walk from Martim Moniz. The place is located between the neighborhood Baixa and Mouraria. We would like to know if this area is safe to walk at night? Also any security tips to make our stay nice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

more
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

Quiet, historic and picturesque portugal

Portugal Jul 29, 2016 at 9:41 AM

I am organising a holiday in a villa for around 12 adults of retirement age but who are all very active. I do not know Portugal at all, so advice on which would be the best locations for our group would be much appreciated. One of the group would like to be in reach of Lisbon, the rest of us would like a semi rural location with walks, a nearby village, and scenery the artists amongst us can paint. Sea views, historic sights, places to cycle and nearby restaurants are on the list of attractions we are looking for.

Many thanks

Autumn9

more
    • elicomio's Profile Photo

rent a car

Lisbon Jul 27, 2016 at 2:38 PM

In view of the stories about the taxi drivers, I considered renting a car for a week
      1 Is it worth it just for our comfort, we 4 people
      2 This will save us heartache
      3 can travel out of town and will not be dependent on
      4 easy to get along driving in the city

i will Happy to receive tips from your experience
      thx

more
    • glen006's Profile Photo

Four days in Lisbon

Lisbon Aug 21, 2016 at 2:36 AM

Hi,

My wife and have booked flights for four days in Lisbon in early November.

I was wondering what are some things to do?

We are looking at some hotels, including HF Fenix, Real Palacio or Monte Belvedere - any other suggestions?

Also thinking of hiring a car, even if for a day for a day trip to Mafra - Ericeira - Sintra - Cascais. Does that seem doable? Any better day-trip ideas?

Seems like Bairro Alto is the place to be for hotel/restaurants/bars?

more