VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Carlsbad Travel Answers

change location

Possibly relocating from NYC to Carlsbad, NM

by DianeM Online Now May 20, 2004 at 3:11 PM

I have made a major decision for change- going from a major city where I have lived all my life to a quiet town. Could a native, or long-time resident please give me some information only you would know- how safe is it - things for the average resident to do in the evening- are there other ethnic groups besides the heavy Mexican presence represented? Please give me as much information as you can to help me finalize what I hope will be my dream move. I am looking for a much more quiet, solid life where I hope people are pleasant and cheerful and stress is not an everyday feeling (after 9-11, it's really stressful here). Thank you one and all. Diane

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Nana87106's Profile Photo

Re: Possibly relocating from NYC to Carlsbad, NM

by Nana87106 Online Now May 26, 2004 at 11:44 AM

Diane, Yes, there are many Anglos in Carlsbad too. I'm not sure about the Mexican population (I'm from Albuquerque), but the Hispanic population is probably significant down there also. It's real safe, I think they just had their first murder in 10 years (or was that Portales??). Quite a few tourists down there too, with Carlsbad Caverns. Briana

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Bonadventures's Profile Photo

Re: Possibly relocating from NYC to Carlsbad, NM

by Bonadventures Online Now Apr 11, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Did you make the move? If so, is Carlsbad what you expected?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines