Travel Answers
Carlsbad

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Coronado Ferry to mainland for touring?

San Diego Dec 23, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Two young seniors spending 4 days in San Diego in February and staying on Coronado. Will have a car. Is it advisable to take the ferry back and forth to see (walk/ taxi) some of the mainland sites? Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy, perhaps, Balboa Park (Zoo), etc.? How about if we want dinner on the mainland? Or should we drive to most places? Itinerary not set yet.
      Thanks.

more
    • Specific Location

Los Angeles Jan 6, 2017 at 6:48 AM

Hi. I posted another question about where to stay but am now more specific with areas. We will be going to Universal one day, Warner Brothers tour, doing things near Hollywood Blvd area, and then exploring other tourist things.

Which area/hotel is better...near Universal City (Studio City hotel) or Hollywood Blvd (Hollywood Celebrity hotel), near but off Hollywood Blvd a bit (Days Inn) or Thai Town (Dixie Hotel)? We will have a car but am thinking one of those.
      Have narrowed it down to one of those based on budget and not being too far from Universal and Hollywood Blvd area. We have Hollywood Celebrity booked (but we can cancel).

more
    • Ginastar's Profile Photo

Good hotels near to Alcatraz just a good location ?

San Francisco Dec 31, 2016 at 1:49 PM

Hey guys I'm travelling to San Fran for four days on my own In July
      First time ever so bit nervous but excited
      Have no idea what hotel to stay in that's near to Alcatraz and other areas to see
      I'm 27 from London
      Can any one help !!??? X

more
    • Where to Stay?

Los Angeles Jan 2, 2017 at 5:45 AM

We'll be coming to Los Angeles in the summer with our kids and will have 4 days to do touristy things (Hollywood walk of fame and Hollywood Blvd area, Universal Studios, Warner Brother's Tour, Santa Monica Pier, La Brae Tar Pits, etc).

I'm having trouble deciding on a hotel. We are on a budget since we'll need to keep money for LA plus 4 days at Disney. Anyone stayed at Days Inn near Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Celebrity, Comfort Inn...or hotels in Thai Town such as Dixie Hotel, Hollywood City Inn? We will most likely be renting a car for our LA days.

more
    • Day trip from LA to Joshua Tree?

Los Angeles Jan 4, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Young senior couple staying in Santa Monica with a car for 10 days in late February and thinking of a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park. Is that feasible? And if so, can I add a stop in Palm Springs to the day trip?

Thanks.

more
    • Cheap kid friendly places to eat

by juliethomas Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 3:30 PM

I'm looking for recommendations for reasonably priced restaurants that are kid friendly. I'm not talking chicken nuggets and french fries. My 7 year old daughter and I enjoy seafood, sushi and mexican joints. We like a place with good atmosphere where the locals hang out

5 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 11:46 AM
    • wedding venues

by proudnoni Online Now May 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Please give a few suggestions for wedding venues for a very simple ceremony. Maybe a cake, few flowers, preferably ocean view or front. Pax - 10-20

Thanks

10 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • Where is the best gnocci?

by coasttocoastcampaign Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Where can we find great gnocci here in Carlsbad?

5 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM
    • jagheter's Profile Photo

Heading to Legoland - any restaurant suggestions?

by jagheter Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I'm taking my 4yo to Legoland on Aug 8-10. We'll be in the park all day on the 9th, but I could use some dining suggestions for the night before or the day after.

Thanks,
      Nate

14 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    • erichtokyo's Profile Photo

Please let me know how to go to Carlsbad from L.A

by erichtokyo Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 1:37 AM

First,I'm a Japanese,so if my English is strange,please let me know the right one.
      Though I'm planning to go Carlsbad from L.A,is it possible to take a taxi to go to Carlsbad from L.A? Schould I take a commercial airplane?
      Because I don't want to drive a car in a foreign country.

3 Answers Sep 6, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    • dogs

by ronkoka Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 6:33 PM

can dogs ride the train

2 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    • Riverside to Carlsbad

by PattiGillespie Online Now May 25, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I'm planning a trip to Legoland in Carlsbad. What trains would I catch from Riveride La Sierra to Carlsbad?

2 Answers May 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    • Discovering Carlsbad

by nino224 Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Gonna be in Carlsbad in early April with the wife and 4 y.o., probably staying at one of the Hilton resorts. I'll probably rent a car as well. I want to take my son to Legoland and Wild Animal. We like the beach, sightseeing, good food, and discovering new places. Would appreciate any suggestions, advice, and tips. And if anyone is familiar with the Hilton properties let me know what you think. Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    • accesibility

by marybethharris Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Is there lifts or ramps on the various traines and/or buses described in Carlsbad?

1 Answer Jan 8, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    • From Carlsbad to Disneyland

by rjimodg Online Now Mar 22, 2008 at 7:18 AM

Is there any safe and convenient form of transportation from Carlsbad to Disneyland avoiding having to drive myself?

6 Answers Mar 25, 2008 at 6:49 AM
    • mjqd's Profile Photo

marathon

by mjqd Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 5:01 PM

We are coming from NH so my husband can run the marathon on his 60th birthday!
      We are thinking of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. I am hoping to be able to see him running a few times during the marathon. Does anyone know the course? We do have the map from the marathon page but being unfamiliar with roads, it's hard to get a handle on the area. Will I be able to walk or drive to points to view him from that hotel? I'm sure some of the roads will be closed for the race, does anyone have any suggestions for getting around to the start, finish and a couple of points along the route that I would be able to see him?
      Also, how is the weather there then? Long pants, shorts, sweaters, jackets?
      We got over a foot of snow in the past week here so we are definitely looking for a warmer place soon! Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 2, 2008 at 7:16 PM
    • housing

by davisrh Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 12:38 AM

looking for people in carlsbad, or oceanside who need someone to house sit
      Please email me, how would I go about finding this information?
      Thank You! Roberta email address: roberta8039@sbcglobal.net

• Carlsbad Spa

by Karma9 Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 6:02 AM

I have been to Carlsbad Spa web-page, I will be there in April, is the water really all it is cracked up to be ie. worth the money

Thank you for any responses positive as well as negative

1 Answer Nov 18, 2006 at 1:22 PM