Capinota

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling to Bolivia long term

Bolivia Yesterday

I would appreciate help from people with experience staying in Bolivia long term.

I plan to travel to Bolivia, as a visitor first, but with the idea of staying long term.

I know that I do not need a visitor visa, so I will travel there as a tourist, and if I decide I want to stat longer, I will apply for an extension of my visa.

How difficult is it to get a visa extension?

Is there a limit to the amount of money one can take in cash there? How much?

How difficult is it to open a bank account there, to transfer my money from home?

How easy/difficult is it to withdraw cash from your bank in your country of origin?

Thank you

more
    • Trekking partners for Cordillera Real (Transcordillera)

Bolivia Aug 5, 2016 at 1:24 AM

Hi guys,
      We are a couple of 2 and will be travelling to Bolivia from the US around end of September 2016. We want to do Transcordillera trek, a very beautiful and unique trek, for 2 weeks (or 13 days). We plan to start the trek on 4 Octorber. However, the company organising for this trek says that to do this, we need total minimum 4 people to go. You can find information about the trek here:
      andeansummits.com/content/co...
      We asked this company to modify the trek to do it from day 4 to day 16 (based on itinerary from above link) as we just want to focus on doing the trek itself. Other days like day 1 to 3 and day 17 focus on sightseeing around La Paz or transporting to airport.

If anyone is interested in this trek and want to join us, please let us know. We are a very friendly couple and love trekking and traveling :)

more

Near Capinota