Capetown

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• The wonder years's house

Los Angeles Nov 22, 2016 at 6:31 PM

How could I go to the Family savage's House ( The Wonder years) from the Hollywood walk of fame by Bus?. Thanks

more
    • Accommodation

Yosemite National Park Nov 6, 2016 at 4:28 AM

Can anyone advise two Brits in their late 50s, who love camping, where to stay for a three-night stay next November '17?
      I have camped there before in 1980, but no longer being the young buck I never was, we would like to stay in a more convenient location.
      Alas, the logistics of packing all of our camping stuff is already leading to WW3 as we shall be driving there from San Francisco, before going back to Napa Valley.
      Many thanks for your suggestions and advice.
      Jim

more
    • Looking for travel companion from Los Angeles to San Francisco Road trip

California Nov 25, 2016 at 6:08 AM

28 Male, software engineer from india.
      Im doing a solo road trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco on december last week of this year.
      Im looking for a companion or 2, so we can save our expenses on car rent, food and stay, and enjoy all the way till SF, on the pure heavenly coast line, worst best road to drive.

If you are someone who is up for it, you may tag along with me.
      Message me to get in touch asap, as my tickets are already booked, only hotel/motel booking is left.

We can discuss on google hangout or Skype or WhatsApp , if you need.

more
    • Money Exchange

San Diego Nov 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM

We are spending a few days in San Diego before flying to Hong Kong and doing a cruise to China.
      Is there someplace in San Diego we can exchange US dollars for Hong Kong Dollars, and Chinese Renminbi?

Thanks so much in advance for any help!
      Greg Bouillon

more
    • Echo00's Profile Photo

Will be in SFO for 3 full days

San Francisco Nov 23, 2016 at 11:11 AM

Hi Guys,

I will be going for the first time in SFO on the third week of December before I head to LA. I was going to go with my sibling but ended up now going solo.

I just thought if anyone of you who lives in SFO, and is free, could show me around? Nothing better than having a good company by a local. I decided not to take any summer classes at Uni (currently studying Law) - so I am looking forward to a memorable summer holiday in the USA. 

Will be in SFO from 16-19 December 2016. Please let me know :) 32yo; male; traveller; sensible person here. 

Regards from the Land Down Under :)

more
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

What Transfer time needed at LAX?

Los Angeles Nov 25, 2016 at 5:49 AM

I am planning flights and found one with Alaska Airlines arriving at Terminal 6 - with a 90 minute wait for another flight with QANTAS departing from Tom Bradley Terminal - do you think this is doable? or should more time be allowed between flights
      Are Alaska Airlines usually on time?
      Both flights will be international flights
      Many thanks,

more
    • US-Roadtrip to California in 2017

California Nov 14, 2016 at 6:54 AM

Hello :)

Me (Jennifer, 19) and my best friend (Lea, 18) want to do a road trip in fall 2016 by car.
      - We plan to rent a car, since i work for a big company, we can rent a car through our company rental card. So our age will not be a problem. A normal sedan car would be fine for us.
      - We like to / can stay up to 20days
      - We like to stay in hotels. Not 5 Stars, but the hotels should be good!

We want to start in Los Angeles, and visit the city for a few days. Then maybe drive to Las Vegas and see the city. From Las Vegas we want to see something of the desert, maybe DeathValley, Monument National Park, Grand Canyon? :) And then it would be nice to go from Las Vegas to San Francisco and visit the city. After that we like to drive the coastal highway one down to either Los Angeles or San Diego (if the drive from LA to San Diego is nice?).

Soo... my questions:
      Do you think its a good idea? What should we see visit? How many days do you advice, and where? Any idea how much it will cost? We saw that hotels in LA are around (200-400$/night per room for a double room). Are the other cities similar to that price? What should we definitely do and what definitely avoid? :)

Thank yo for your answers,
      - Jennifer :)

more
    • Road travel Capetown to Johannesburg

by lionspride Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

We plan to drive a rental car from Capetown to Johannesburg in early June. Being new to South Africa, we have these questions:
      1. Is this route safe for tourists?
      2. Are there notable attractions along this route?

5 Answers Jan 30, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Prepaid SIM and mobile web

by schmechi Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Which prepaid SIM you'd recommend? I'll be in Cape town and Kriger park... Will you get the SIM card in supermarkets?

And is there a cheap opportunity for using the internet on my laptop? Some mobile web provider who sells MBs without contract?

1 Answer Jun 21, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    • Capetown and Safari

by Safari2010 Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 8:53 PM

We will be traveling to Capetown for the first time and would like to know what top things we MUST do and SEE in Capetown. Also, I know a lot of people have mentioned that Capetown is not a safari destination but I REALLY want to see a safari before I leave South Africa. Would you please recommend a few good safari tours that we can take? We would not mind flying to that destination, or what we prefer is a tour that will include airfare to that safari destination and lodging then back to CPT which is where we will depart CPT. Please help! WE heard that Kruger is a good place to see Big 5. Is it true? Are there any tours leaving from CPT TO Kruger?

16 Answers Jun 11, 2010 at 10:15 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Where to stay? Waterfront or Long Street?

by schmechi Online Now Jun 19, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Where should we book our hotel? Around Long street or near V & A Waterfront? It is important, that we can go out at night, but we will also visit all major sights and do excursions by a hired car.

Btw, we will arrive during the WC 2010, so will there be Fanfest like in Germany 2006? Does anybody know, where this area is planned?

2 Answers Jun 20, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    • gizzer1's Profile Photo

Robben Island & misc-booking a tour

by gizzer1 Online Now May 4, 2007 at 2:46 PM

First time visit to Capetown, SA. Want to see Robben Island. Prefer to buy tickets when I arrive. If so, where at?
      If best to buy ahead online, can someone provide URL?

Have a full free day, perhaps see wine country. Is it worth it?
      If yes, please recommend tour companies in Capetown to book tour. Help if their URL is given.

thanks,
      gizzer1

2 Answers May 5, 2007 at 9:49 AM
    • sillymidon

by sillymidon Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 9:19 AM

My wife, 2 boys, ages 13 and 10, and myself are going to S. Africa around the 1st of February, 07. We want to get up into Namibia and Botswana as well. We will be flying in from SE Asia to either Johannesberg or Capetown or visa versa, which ever makes the most sense. We have around 2 to 2 and a half months for this leg of our RTW trip. We are on a pretty tight budget, but understand that going to these areas won't necessarily be inexpensive. Problem is, we don't quite know how to approach travel there. Do we try to just get onto an overland safari for 21 days (they don't want kids on these)? Do we try to rent a car? Do we try local trasportation to get from country to country? Do we do a combination of these? We are open for anything. We also don't want to do a typical "family" safari, since our kids have shown they can handle pretty much any tough traveling, but will want to do a budget safari at some point. We would also be interested in helping out at an orphanage or school for a time. Is there someone to call in S. Africa that can answer most of these questioins? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
      Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 7, 2007 at 12:00 PM
    • spirit8665's Profile Photo

In need of a last minute flight deal

by spirit8665 Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 7:51 PM

Hello new travel family!

I have the amazing opportunity to participate in a 45 day tour covering Capetown, Namibia, Kenya and Tanzania. The catch is that I have to be in Capetown by Nov 25th...yeah, just 30 days away. Does anyone know of any last minute flight deals at really, really good prices? I've checked some airlines already and the fares are hefty. I'll even settle (if I must) as being a piece of luggage on a private jet...again, if I must :). Open for suggetions. THANKS!!

4 Answers Oct 24, 2006 at 1:47 PM
    • darrensunley's Profile Photo

Transfers and currency

by darrensunley Online Now Dec 29, 2004 at 3:21 AM

Hi, I was hoping someone could tell me what the best way to get from the airport to near the V&A waterfront (to the Capetonian hotel actually) would be on arriving ... are there any transfer buses ?? Should I just get a taxi ?? Is there an underground ?? Also, does anyone have any recommendations as to whether to exchange money within Capetown or just do it in England before leaving ... do I get better rates when I'm there ?? Cheers, Darren

1 Answer Dec 29, 2004 at 7:37 AM