VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Cape Breton Island Travel Answers

change location

Camping- Chéticamp vs Broad Cove / Ingonish

by stillbrewing Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM

My wife & I are planning to camp 2 nights in Cape Breton Highlands National Park in early August and are trying to decide which of the 2 areas above would be best.

We would prefer to stay on the west coast (Cheticamp), but want a campsite on/near the coastline (Ingonish).

We want the best location for stunning scenery & a good selection of hiking trails. A good beach would be a bonus. Also, would the water be warmer on the Gulf side rather than the Atlantic side ?

Can anyone suggest one "side" over the other ?

Thanks !

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Camping- Chéticamp vs Broad Cove / Ingonish

by susanglou Online Now Sep 26, 2009 at 4:55 AM

Hi... I noticed your posting got no response so was wondering if you proceeded with your plans and had any suggestions for others. I am planning a visit summer 2010 and would be looking for similar camping then. Any suggestions?
    Thank you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Camping- Chéticamp vs Broad Cove / Ingonish

by stillbrewing Online Now Sep 26, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Hello, thanks for the reply...

We ended up changing our plans & stayed more "local" (went to Charlevoix instead).

But we are considering trying to make the trek our to CBI and area next year as well.

Cheers !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Cape Breton Island