change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

Train between Zurich and Berne

Switzerland Oct 22, 2016 at 1:50 PM

I am arriving on a flight at 8 pm on a tuesday in Zurich (next month). How long will it take me to me to get to
      Berne from the Airport should i decide to head for Berne that night? i have swiss rail travel pass.
      thank you for any help.

• St Moritz train travel and accomodation

Switzerland Oct 25, 2016 at 3:49 AM

We are a couple of Australians who will be in Salzburg for two days and have booked a rail ticket for the 28th Oct that is not refundable to Thun via Munich, Zurich and Bern for Euro138 for both of us (1st class).
      It has now been suggested to us that we travel from Salzburg to St Moritz via Landeck and overnight in St Moritz and the next day travel to Thun via Andermatt.
      We were wondering if the suggestion should be considered and we waste the existing ticket. I tried to look at fares from Salzburg on 28th October to St Moritz on the sbb website but it was saying it was too close to travel date to quote price?
      We have lots of time to stay in Thun so don't know if St Moritz is something worth seeing from Thun later during our stay.
      If the St Moritz overnight trip is best done on the way to Thun any suggestions of hotels in St Moritz that are close to station.
      Any suggestions or help with trips from Thun as day or overnight would be appreciated.

• Mt Titlis Maintenance

Lucerne Oct 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM

May i know the maintenance period for 2016?

• MarijaStojicevic's Profile Photo

Chaplin's world

Vevey Oct 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Has anyone been yet at the Museum Chaplin's world and at his house Manoir de Ban? Because I want to go there and I need an advice how to get it, where to stay (2 nights perhaps and no so much expansive hotel for me and my family), then how it looks like and the other advices as travel guide

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

use Zurich or Bern as base city to explore?

Zürich Oct 2, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Visiting switzerland for first time. Would really like to see Lucern, Interlaken area and Bern /Zurich?  will be in the country for 5 days before flying out of Zurich to  visit Sevilla. thanks

Popular Canton du Valais Travel Answer Locations

• petelegg's Profile Photo

Travel from Zurich to Zermatt

Zermatt Jul 29, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Hi, Can you help please. I have booked an apartment in Zermatt at end of April for my wifes 60th birthday and our wedding anniversary. We have never been to Switzerland before so some things I'm not sure of.
      I've not booked the flights yet but thought we would go to Zurich as apparantely there is a very scenic railway journey from there.
      Q1 Is the railway station near the airport? Q2 How often do they run? Q3 What as a couple can we expect to pay for a return ticket? Q4 Does it go direct to Zermatt or do we have to change? Q5 Do we buy this ticket in advance or can we just pay at the station? Q6 Looking at the map our apartment is 500 yards approx from the station in Zermatt. Do we walk from there and if so how will we find our apartment? staying at the Haus Roc.

Sorry about all the questions and sorry if some sound stupid but just a little nervous that something might go wrong.

Many thanks (-:

9 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 7:32 AM
    • 2 Days in Zermatt

Zermatt May 10, 2016 at 6:50 PM

My son (18) is doing a trip to Europe this June, he will be flying from Prague to Zurich then traveling by train to Zermatt. (Having a hard time figuring out the timetables for the train), but it looks like the Swiss transfer ticket is his best option. He will be traveling solo and would like to ski while in Zermatt. Where is the best place to rent ski equipment? Best lodging options for a young adult? Should he rent ski equipment and book his hotel prior to arriving in Zermatt? He will arrive late Monday afternoon and plans on skiing Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. He has to be back in Zurich for a 6:45am flight on Thursday so he will be leaving Wednesday eafternoon. What is the latest train that runs from Zermatt to Zurich. Sorry for all the questions but I'm being a nervous Mom and this is his first trip to Europe:) so any advice/info would be appreciated! Thank you

4 Answers May 13, 2016 at 3:59 AM
    • Budget Friendly Restaurants - Zermatt

Zermatt Feb 4, 2016 at 2:14 PM

My boyfriend and I are spending 5 days in Zermatt next week. We budgeted for two or three nice dinners/lunches on the mountain but I'm also looking for some good options that won't break the bank. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Feb 6, 2016 at 1:41 PM
    • Day Trips from Zermatt

Zermatt Feb 2, 2016 at 12:12 PM

What are the best day trips from Zermatt?

3 Answers Feb 3, 2016 at 2:53 AM
    • train fares

Sion Sep 5, 2015 at 8:10 AM

I require a return ticket from basel to sion
      What is the cheapest method and cost
      Advance ticket required?
      Thank you

1 Answer Sep 5, 2015 at 10:04 AM
    • bus timetables

Sion Aug 31, 2015 at 1:42 PM

What time is last bus to villages

5 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    • Stalden Lift

Stalden Jun 19, 2015 at 6:10 AM

When is the lift between Stalden and Gspon open and how can I find the charges?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2015 at 9:49 AM
    • Taxi from Brig station

Brig Apr 10, 2015 at 5:47 AM

Arrive by train 7.15pm will thre be a taxi?

2 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 6:18 AM
    • Walk suitable for Seniors

Zermatt Apr 10, 2015 at 1:02 AM

In September We would like to walk from Sunnegga to the track steep? we are good walkers I our 70's but unsure about this walk if the ascent is steep. We want to visit the lakes. From Riffelalp we would get the train back to Zermatt. We would get to Sunneggga by the cable car.

5 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 4:37 AM
    • sunrise or sunse

Zermatt Apr 4, 2015 at 4:28 AM

3 Answers Apr 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM
    • Asian food

Brig Mar 23, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Is there a Chinese or an Indian restaurant in brig or visp

1 Answer Mar 24, 2015 at 4:36 AM
    • Driving to Tasch

Zermatt Jan 2, 2015 at 3:33 AM

need advice asap !!

i am planning to drive from Gallarate(Near Milan) to Tasch from there i will take a train to zermatt

how safe you think driving to tasch in january and tips and advices

i have Fiat Panda ( not 4/4)
      with all weather tyres
      and snow chains

my company rented this vehicle and they are nt giving snow tyres and i cant exchange the vehicle !!

please advice !

4 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    • Metal music bar in Brig

Brig Sep 27, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Hello local advisers,

Last time I visited Brig I discovered a bar that was fun, but I've forgotten its name. I think its on the ground floor of a hotel near the main square. Metal music seems to be the theme, and at the time I visited last year you could smoke in there. Any idea where this place is?

Many thanks

• JamesRHewitt's Profile Photo

Ice Pavilion entry

Saas-Fee Aug 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Do you know if the Saaspass includes entry to the Ice Pavilion, please?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • taking a car

Zermatt Jul 11, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I want to take the Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt, but we have a rental car. How can we get the car from St Moritz to Zermatt, can we send it on a train?

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    • Cable car time schedule

Riederalp Jun 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM

What time does the cable car start in the morning?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2014 at 2:07 AM
    • resevation for Materhorn etc

Zermatt May 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM

do we need to book/resreve for going to materhorn/glacier palace etc

2 Answers May 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    • night life

Sion May 10, 2014 at 12:15 PM

i'm coming on may 31th to watch the soccer game . want to know at what time the bars closes thank you.

1 Answer May 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    • where to stay near Zermatt

Zermatt Apr 16, 2014 at 2:10 AM

As we are fairly dependent on our car I would like to know of a nearby village that we could access by car and try to get some of the Zermatt atmosphere

2 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    • mara_uy's Profile Photo

Sion Mar 24, 2014 at 6:05 PM

cómo llego desde el aeropuerto de basilea a sion y cuánto sale el pasaje en tren o en bus ? gracias

6 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 3:15 AM
    • Swinging Lifestyle

Zermatt Feb 18, 2014 at 2:39 PM

We are Canadians visiting Zermatt approx. Apr 8 -10 and will be seeking a swingers type resort to visit or even stay at.
      Suggestions? Thanks!

• Late November early December

Zermatt Nov 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Is there usually enough snow in Zermatt and on the mountain to do some good skiing during late NOV and Early DEC (say NOV 30 to DEC 6th), also what is the best Hotel for the money?

3 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    • Can one hire a taxi to go from Zermatt to Brig

Zermatt Oct 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

How much does it cost for 2 people?

4 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    • Car Shuttle Train

Brig Sep 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I will be traveling in January 2014. How can I find out if the Simplon Pass is open? If not, can I drive part of the way or do I have to load my car in Brig's Car Shuttle Train station?

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    • Roanokegirl's Profile Photo

Short stay in Zurich; then trip to Zermatt

Zermatt Sep 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM

My friend and I are traveling to Zurich Dec. 21 and on to Zermatt by Dec. 23. What is a convenient place to stay near the train station and also see some of the city? Also, what clothing should I bring?

8 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 10:47 AM
    • Clothing to bring.

Zermatt Aug 28, 2013 at 5:09 AM

We are spending 1 week in Zermatt, 18th to 25th September. We will not be skiing. What type of clothes should we bring as regards the temperature we are likely to find. THANK YOU.

5 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    • Montreux to Zermatt

Zermatt Jul 24, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Hi, My daughter and son in law are driving from Montreux to Zermatt today! Can someone please help me with the best route and advice on driving to Zermatt this week... is it possible or do they have to park and take the train?
      Thanks in advance for any help

3 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    • Storage of Luggage in Zermatt when Trekking Monte Rosa

Zermatt Jul 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Is there anywhere in Zermatt were we could store our luggage while trekking ?

2 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    • travel time

Zermatt Jul 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM

How long does it take to travel from Zermatt to Geneva by train?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • Easy, short, scenic, not isolated walks in Zermatt area?

Zermatt Mar 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM

For woman traveling alone and preferring green landscape, forests, villages.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM