VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Canton de Vaud

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• loose_motion's Profile Photo

Exchanging money at Zurich airport

Zürich Jan 30, 2017 at 8:16 AM

I ve tried to look up the exchange rates but all the money exchangers at the Zurich airport website link to their parent company . Is it better to take swiss francs from Canada or exchange the money upon arrival at Zurich ? I will need some cash rightaway at the airport but other than that , I can wait until I get into the city and try and get a better rate to get cash for hotel and train tix .
      Is there somewhere to find out the ongoing exchange rates ?

more
    • Swiss Travel Pass Query

Switzerland Jan 24, 2017 at 11:01 PM

I will be arriving to Zurich and taking the train to Lucerne after arrival. I will be in Lucerne for about a week, including day trips. From Lucerne I will be travelling to Colmar in France.

My question is - if I buy an 8 day Swiss Pass does it include the travel from Zurich to Lucerne, all the day trips from Lucerne and the Swiss train travel part on the way to Colmar (till Basel)? I'm just asking because i understand that not all routes are included in the pass and I don't want any surprises.

Thank you

more
    • 2 days Itinerary to explore Switzerland

Lausanne Jan 12, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Can anyone help me with my itinerary? I'll be staying in Lausanne for 2 weeks and have one weekend free to explore the beauty of Switzerland. I would like to see the Swiss Alps also Chateau de Chillon and other great places. please help!

1 Answer Jan 12, 2017 at 4:58 PM
    • Proper Clothing

Lausanne Jan 4, 2017 at 6:16 AM

Hi,
      I'll be there in Lausanne on the 23rd of January, given the weather forecasts what is the proper clothing to wear?
      Also purpose of travel is for business any recommendation of poaces to explore after office hours? Which is more cheaper Lausanne to Paris or Lausanne to Milan.

Thank You.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2017 at 3:17 PM
    • MarijaStojicevic's Profile Photo

Chaplin's world

Vevey Oct 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Has anyone been yet at the Museum Chaplin's world and at his house Manoir de Ban? Because I want to go there and I need an advice how to get it, where to stay (2 nights perhaps and no so much expansive hotel for me and my family), then how it looks like and the other advices as travel guide

4 Answers Oct 9, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    • Oldies' / sixties music for dancing - club

Lausanne Jul 23, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Hello,

Is there any place around which you can dance with music of the sixties / oldies?

thanks,

Avi

• Chocolate train

Montreux Jun 13, 2016 at 1:38 PM

Can anyone please advise the best way to book the chocolate train from montreux? I'm trying to book through Golden pass and it's coming up cheaper for VIP than normal tickets. Also I will have a Swiss half price pass along with a 14 year old whom I'm of the understanding may go free but not sure if this will be the case if the chocolate train is a tour.

2 Answers Jun 14, 2016 at 1:16 AM
    • Alcohol on trains

Montreux Jun 12, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Are you allowed your own alcohol on train journeys?

4 Answers Jun 12, 2016 at 11:02 PM
    • Bus query

Montreux Jun 10, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Can you get the bus from Montreux to Geneva and if so how long is the journey?

Thanks

3 Answers Jun 10, 2016 at 4:32 PM
    • Amy27592's Profile Photo

Rochers de naye

Montreux Jan 22, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Has anyone any info on rochers de naye? I'm not an experienced hiker or cyclist and wondering if it's easy enough to be my first mountain experience. Thanks

1 Answer Jan 22, 2016 at 1:18 PM
    • tobytyke's Profile Photo

Which Swiss Rail Pass ??????

Montreux Jan 12, 2016 at 12:08 PM

Hi fellow travellers, help needed on my weeks holiday in Switzerland ! we my wife and I fly into Geneva on 22/may, we have booked 3 nights in a little place 20min train ride away from Montreux for a couple of days hiking, and then 4 nights in Montreux, returning to Geneva on 29/may, would we benefit getting a Swiss rail pass ? and if so which one ! any feedback would be much appreciated cheers Allan

4 Answers Jan 12, 2016 at 1:55 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Best place to get panaromic shot / sunset shot of Chillon

Lausanne Nov 21, 2015 at 12:48 PM

What is the best place to get panaromic shot / sunset shot of the Chillon?

2 Answers Nov 21, 2015 at 9:00 PM
    • 17 Dec 2015, Nyon

Nyon Nov 14, 2015 at 6:46 AM

Hi,
      My family and I will be taking a day trip to Nyon from Geneva. Can you suggest the not to be missed spots and a place where we can have a nice dinner there?
      Thanks.

Rgds.
      Elaine
      Malaysia

2 Answers Nov 16, 2015 at 4:04 AM
    • !4 Dec 2015, Montreux

Montreux Nov 14, 2015 at 6:27 AM

Hi,
      My kids, my mum, my sis and myself will be taking the golden pass (Geneva-Montreux-Zweisimmen-Montreux-Geneva) and will be stopping in Montreux on our way back to Geneva for 3 hours.
      What are the not to be missed stuff to do during our short time over there?

Thanks.

Rgds.
      Elaine
      MALAYSIA

3 Answers Nov 15, 2015 at 1:44 PM
    • Staying a night in Leysin

Leysin Oct 28, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Hi,
      Would it be worthwhile to stay a night in Leysin? I read that the park is closed when I'm there with my kids (aged 9 & 12). We are planning to stay there around 15 Dec for 1 night. We would like to do some simple winter activities as we are from Malaysia.
      Thanks!

Rgds.
      Elaine

1 Answer Oct 28, 2015 at 12:51 PM
    • buses card and tickets

Montreux Jul 18, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Hello I am a teen ager over 16 and will live in Montreux for 15 days which is the cheapest bus ticket or pass to buy?
      Thank you

1 Answer Jul 19, 2015 at 1:31 AM
    • Horseback Riding?

Montreux Apr 8, 2015 at 1:14 PM

A Google search has not shown any short horseback riding ventures near Montreux. Hopefully I'm just missing something in my search. Can anyone assist? Thank you greatly!

• Thungs to do in Vevey

Vevey Mar 17, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Is there a wine festival in Vevey that occurs in the June/July timeframe?

5 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 12:45 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

is train station located near Route des Châtaigniers, 1816 Montreux, Switzerland Hôtel de Chailly ?

Montreux Mar 13, 2015 at 8:07 AM

I am trying to book a hotel since the only hostel there is booked... not sure the distance between the hotel and the train station.. since the next day we want to get on the golden pass... I could not tell on the map where is the train station so not sure how far it would be from the hotel

1 Answer Mar 13, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • Lausanne-Geneva Boat Trip

Lausanne Sep 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Hello! Could you please advise on whether it is worth it to take a boat trip from Lausanne to Geneva? Is it beautiful? How long does it take? What are the prices? Thank you very much for your help!

1 Answer Oct 25, 2016 at 6:29 AM
    • Dress for Montreux

Montreux Jul 8, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I am going to Montreux tomorrow for the jazz festival. How should I dress? What should I pack?

• Place de la palud.

Lausanne Jul 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hi read a lot bout this place.please assist me how to go ther from d place de la cathedral.m ther in laussane only from morning till evening.wanna make the best use of the attractions by foot or train.which train or bus do I take and from which point.is the swiss pass applicable for the transport in the towns.......

1 Answer Oct 25, 2016 at 6:35 AM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

How to purchase tickets for the "Chocolate Train"?

Montreux Jun 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Hi there, I'd like to secure reservations for the Chocolate Train. I will probably be buying the 8-day Swiss pass. If I understood correctly, the tickets would be included in the Swiss pass but the actual seat reservation wouldn't.

(a) is this correct, and
      (b) where do I reserve tickets for a specific date and seat for the Chocolate Train given that I'm a Swiss pass holder

thanks!

4 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 8:52 PM
    • Information please

Villars-sur-Ollon Jun 24, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Our family will be staying at Residence Panorama during December. We are not ski enthusiasts and will use the property as a basis to do sight seeing (with a rental vehicle) in the area (RCI exchange). Please advise if it is an easy drive from the nearest exit from the Autobahn to Residence Panorama. Please also advise if the parking area at Residence Panorama is close to the lobby as my husband has a back problem and cannot walk steep and long distances. Will you also please be so kind as to advise on the driving distance (and time) from Rome (Italy)

4 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • time in montruex

Montreux Jun 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Hi, I want to go to montreux, what length of stay would you recommend?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 1:16 AM
    • online shopping

Vevey Jun 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM

is there an online website where ican use my international credit card and get same day delivery in vevey. I am based out of india

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM
    • are there any local yarn stores in Vevey Switzerland?

Vevey May 28, 2014 at 6:04 AM

are there any local yarn stores in Vevey Switzerland?

• Looking for an apartment/condo holiday rental in Montreux area,

Montreux May 17, 2014 at 5:43 AM

Hi, I am coming to Montreux in late July and would like to find an apartment or condo to rent for 4-6 days. What is the best site to find a rental. Also, we would like to rent a car for a couple of the days (to travel around the lake and see some of the countryside, is driving in the area easy or is it very congested (busy with traffic)? Regards, Karen

6 Answers May 18, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    • Transportation with fractured knee...

Montreux Apr 25, 2014 at 8:12 AM

How much does it cost to take a taxi from Montreux train station to chateau de chillion?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • Traveling around in the canton for a week in the cheapest way

Canton de Vaud Apr 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM

What is the cheapest way to travel around in the canton for a week as a tourist? 

2 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • I am looking for a goood wine shop in Lausanne

Lausanne Apr 22, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Please recommend me a good wine shop in Lausanne

1 Answer Apr 22, 2014 at 9:30 AM
    • Transport / Taxi / Funicular

Vevey Mar 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Hello,

We are staying at a flat in the Vevey area. Approximately how much is a taxi cab ride from Passage des Ateliers, Vevey, Vaud 1800, Switzerland to the Le Mirador Kepinski? Also, do taxis charger per person?

Thank you,
      Sheila

2 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM